Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What do you think of projects to create a 2nd Internet?

Some time ago I realize it should be possible to build an entire internet made of VPNs.

There's really no need for any other technology.

Do you understand what the internet is? This isn't a new internet. It's an alternative to the web and the current mainstream data storage paradigm that uses the already existing internet infrastructure and, presumably, protocols. Were there a viable parallel internet, say an internet that operated in a decentralized manner with every user broadcasting via shortwave or retransmitting in a peer-to-peer fashion, I'd definitely be on board with looking into setting up a node myself, but I've yet to find anything like that thus far.

Sounds good. I don't think its necessary, though.

Do you understand what the internet is? This isn't a new internet. It's an alternative to the web and the current mainstream data storage paradigm that uses the already existing internet infrastructure and, presumably, protocols. Were there a viable parallel internet, say an internet that operated in a decentralized manner with every user broadcasting via shortwave or retransmitting in a peer-to-peer fashion, I'd definitely be on board with looking into setting up a node myself, but I've yet to find anything like that thus far.
Fuckin nerd

the cables n infrastructure the same, the protocols still same, how we gun evah have call dis an aldernadive?
inderned n web s difference nkay?

Projects like these arent meant to replace any infrastructure Mr. Macaroni Berlusconi. Your differentation is verbiage and as trivial as that of a communist when they talk about "real communism" or a capitalist talking about "free-market" capitalism.
Structures only get built where there is hierarchical exploits to be held over others. Not because some hobbyists with a passion sit together and get their dreams sponsored. Bill Gates a good example. Rich boy who steals the work of Xerox and open source code of actual nerds and then sells himself as the big nerd of microsoft. This is how reality is created. Learn2reality.

Noooooo inkwell the internet is a web technology and the web is just an information system huuuuge difference because there exist so many other information systems besides the www in usage by that technology right now :soy:

High IQ Greycel