Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion What happened to the original IT sub?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26140
  • Start date
Deleted member 26140

Deleted member 26140

KHHV Supremacist
-
Why is it closed?

the owner just spontaneously went based mode and decided to demote all the mods and shut the shit down

he wasn't even very active in running the community he was just the guy who founded it. for whatever reason he just got tired of it existing and decided to close it down. even the other IT mods don't really know exactly why

the owner just spontaneously went based mode and decided to demote all the mods and shut the shit down

he wasn't even very active in running the community he was just the guy who founded it. for whatever reason he just got tired of it existing and decided to close it down. even the other IT mods don't really know exactly why
Very based

Logged back in and saw one of the biggest incels was their posterboy and refused to keep it alive. So they just rebranded twice.

The original creator returned and saw that his creation had become an abomination overrun with bullies and dominated by a Brazilian favela dweller Moderator turned authoritarian dictator and he shut the entire place down for the greater good.

He came back and saw how trash the sub and it's users had become. Even put up a couple posts about it beforehand. It was clear he wasn't happy with the place. A cesspit of bullies etc. He must have read the messages from some of the other mods about the state of the sub too as some of the mods weren't really happy with the sub either.

He just decided fuck it I guess and got rid of everyone.
The original creator returned and saw that his creation had become an abomination overrun with bullies and dominated by a Brazilian favela dweller Moderator turned authoritarian dictator and he shut the entire place down for the greater good.
this does seem to be what happened but keep in mind that no one is 100% sure. some of the other IT mods think his account may have gotten hacked. he never actually explained his decision to anybody, not even the other IT staff, and he has since deleted his account so no one has contact with him. outside of basic inferences our best indicator of what happened is this post he made shortly before closing down the community:

"I've been mulling this over for a while .. the sub has lost it's edge. I'm not sure exactly how yet, but I feel like our focus needs to shift. This sub is kinda .. dated, really. I'm all ears if you guys have any suggestions. I'd like to see it become relevant on Reddit again, and more welcoming."

He came back and saw how trash the sub and it's users had become. Even put up a couple posts about it beforehand. It was clear he wasn't happy with the place. A cesspit of bullies etc. He must have read the messages from some of the other mods about the state of the sub too as some of the mods weren't really happy with the sub either.

He just decided fuck it I guess and got rid of everyone.

The owner was gigabased and decided to shut the place down "because it was getting boring".