Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What is Momo?

ImpureIncel

ImpureIncel

Banned
-
Someone I know has a daughter who is terrified of this thing she's seen called momo that's been poping up on her phone. It's apparently been seen in whatsapp, kids youtube and in some games like fortnite. It's a creepy picture sometimes attached with audio telling kids to do things like kill themselves, and sometimes there's obscene pictures sliced in too, apparently.

All the mainstream news sources say it's a hoax and are using it to push an agenda of fake news and censorship. And they're are a ton of shitty click bait youtubers talking about it for views.

But I don't understand? is it a virus, malware or some unwanted pop up? or just an internet creepy pasta that when viral resulting in pranksters making fake accounts and slicing in footage in kids videos just to scare kids? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Pretty sure it’s just a meme at this point. Don’t take my word for it though.

Its a forced meme

Just like slanderman, it's a stupid joke urban legend

momo is natural selection for kids

Do you mean Jason Momoa ?

Momo is fake news by gay jews, big jfl if you believe that

Stacy only knows Momoa not Momo.

Ah you mean this momo, pretty gay and whoever believe in it should be killed publicly

There was some pic last year and now there are text message threats and shit associated with it. Also, in the middle of last year there was someone threatening people and sending gore pics over whatsapp to people so this new challenge bs is just a rehash of old news. It's not a virus or pop-up from what I gather, just message spam bots or people like a lite version of blue whale.

Fun fact: the rest of Momo is a bird-like sculpture thing. https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1391608-momo-challenge

It’s a foid.

There was some pic last year and now there are text message threats and shit associated with it. Also, in the middle of last year there was someone threatening people and sending gore pics over whatsapp to people so this new challenge bs is just a rehash of old news. It's not a virus or pop-up from what I gather, just message spam bots or people like a lite version of blue whale.

Fun fact: the rest of Momo is a bird-like sculpture thing. https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1391608-momo-challenge
Best answer yet, thanks.