Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What year do you think was when everything bad we see now started really kicking off?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24160
  • Start date
Deleted member 24160

Deleted member 24160

Banned
-
I personally think it was 2014 with stuff like gamer gate, feminism really getting into focus and pushing hard on their views, and politics slowly but surely invade everywhere.

2013/2014. It was only after that that we started seeing words like "soyboy" and "nu-male" and "SJW" start to get thrown around.

The year tinder was released. That’s when shit became apparent and kicked into high gear.

it was a slow build up to this from the moment foids were given rights, perhaps even before that.

The year tinder was released. That’s when shit became apparent and kicked into high gear.

Tinder was released in 2012, but it wasn't known in 2012. It only became popular around 2014, when it switched to the swipe format.

After the fall of the USSR.

Tinder was released in 2012, but it wasn't known in 2012. It only became popular around 2014, when it switched to the swipe format.
Tinder really is a death sentence for at least 60% of males. And I mean a DEATH sentence. The bottom 60% of males will be lucky to get a whale at this point even if they gymmaxx.

After the fall of the USSR.

This.
As long as the capitalist Western block had to compete with the Soviet Union, they were not yet able to fully enslave working people and had to pretend that capitalism would also be good for them. Once this competitong was over and the capitalist ruling class of the US could rule the world, it went downhill from then on. Life expectancy, working conditions, wages ... all went down since 1990.

Thats when my journey as a coomer began

2012. That's when smartphones really took off.

2016 for sure. I heard SJW and alt-right as early as 2013-14, but it is in 2016 when it entered the common lexicon for obvious reasons. The "culture war" took off then and people started to choose polarizing positions

I think it was increasing in about 2012 a bit but got much worse in 2015

2002, ı was born when Erdoğan was newly elected to power,wars in middle east spread rapidly,wage slavery began, system generation before me built began to crack,women get louder life get more expensive coomsumer culture started and man become more desperate for foids since internet was highly demanded and messenger/chat rooms was popular at the time.

Personally, I'd say 9/11/2001 is when EVERYTHING started getting bad. That date marked the absolute downfall of Western society and, beforehand, America was at a state to where it was the closest to egalitarianism and peace out of all of the years we had. It was just like the 1950s, after WWII ended, but this time, after the collapse of the USSR. Media was good, everything was raw and unfiltered, there was peace between both sides of the American political spectrum, no one got offended by jack shit (except the 40 and 50 somethings at the time who were trying their hardest to censor and ban video games), and no one really had a certain agenda except Mossad. The only thing that didn't go to shit after that year were video games. Video games started being mediocre after 2004, and they started being complete shit after 2012-2013. But for us and men worldwide, concerning the issue of inceldom, I'd say 2010-2011 was the ultimate downfall. Even then, my mom's overweight friend was dating Chads/Chadlites she met off of dating apps.
it was a slow build up to this from the moment foids were given rights, perhaps even before that.
I also like this theory a lot too. However, lots of boomers who were butt ugly managed to get laid at that time, but from that standpoint, I can see that they're part of the reason why there's such a high celibacy rate among men today, especially in their late teens to early thirties.

Last edited:
2016 for sure. I heard SJW and alt-right as early as 2013-14, but it is in 2016 when it entered the common lexicon for obvious reasons. The "culture war" took off then and people started to choose polarizing positions
I think 2014 was when it started off but it exploded when the 2016 election happened for sure.
Personally, I'd say 9/11/2001 is when EVERYTHING started getting bad. That date marked the absolute downfall of Western society and, beforehand, America was at a state to where it was the closest to egalitarianism and peace out of all of the years we had. It was just like the 1950s, after WWII ended, but this time, after the collapse of the USSR. Media was good, everything was raw and unfiltered, there was peace between both sides of the American political spectrum, no one got offended by jack shit (except the 40 and 50 somethings at the time who were trying their hardest to censor and ban video games), and no one really had a certain agenda except Mossad. The only thing that didn't go to shit after that year were video games. Video games started being mediocre after 2004, and they started being complete shit after 2012-2013. But for us and men worldwide, concerning the issue of inceldom, I'd say 2010-2011 was the ultimate downfall. Even then, my mom's overweight friend was dating Chads/Chadlites she met off of dating apps.
Yeah after 9/11 there definintley seemed to be a shift in attititudes.

2000s, turn of the century
big tech
social media
internet became more commonplace
travel got cheaper
more immigration of 3rd worlders
breakdown of nuclear family unit

It started in 2007, got worse in 2012, and the current state of affairs started in 2016