Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Which parenting style were you subjected to?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1042
  • Start date

Which parenting style were you subjected to?

• Total voters
Deleted member 1042

Deleted member 1042

-
  • Authoritarian parents are very strict and controlling. They have a strong sense of justice and of the need for obedience. They’re big believers in clearly stated rules. If their kids don’t “see the light” (behave as ordered), then those teens will “feel the heat” (be punished). Such parents take a dim view of being challenged. Give-and-take with their children is discouraged. Thus, these parents are highly demanding but not very responsive. Researchers believe children of authoritarian parents tend to be timid, have lower self-esteem, lack spontaneity, and rely to an unusual degree on the voice of authority.
  • While retaining authority and control, these parents are warmer and more communicative than Authoritarian parents. Authoritative parents seek a balance between the teens’ desire for independence and the parents’ desire to be listened to. These parents are demanding and responsive. They’re assertive but not intrusive or restrictive. They want their children to be assertive as well as socially responsible and self-regulated as well as cooperative.The best-adjusted children, researchers have found, often have parents with an Authoritative style. Both the Authoritarian and the Authoritative parents have high expectations for their children, but the Authoritative parent encourages more freedom of expression. So the child more likely develops a sense of independence. Such kids tend to develop into more competent adults than children brought up in the other styles.
  • Permissive parents, while often warm and accepting, make few demands on their children. They’re lenient, avoid confrontation, and allow considerable self-regulation. They may worry about thwarting the child’s creativity and sense of self. They’re much more responsive than they are demanding. Sometimes the Permissive style is based on confusion. The parents are so out of touch with the pre-adolescent and adolescent world that the best they can do is to try to be a pal to their child. So they tend to give their kids what they ask for and hope that they are loved for their accommodating style. Other Permissive parents want to compensate for what they themselves lacked as children. Perhaps they grew up in poverty and/or had parents who were overly strict. So as a result, seeing themselves as an ally to their child, these parents bend over backwards to give the child both the freedom and the material goods they lacked. Yet other Permissive parents act conditionally. They view the maturing child as a mini-adult and give him or her what he or she wants, provided the child satisfies certain parental demands. Making good grades, for example, may be linked to freedom and material benefits. Or, at its most lax extreme, permissiveness may take the form of indifference. The parents are just too busy, poor, troubled, or self-involved to exert much control. They may give material goods and freedom in return for the child’s implicit promise not to demand much from the parent.
  • The uninvolved parent demands almost nothing and gives almost nothing in return, except near-absolute freedom. This style is low in both demandingness and responsiveness. At its worst, it can verge into neglect.

They shoved me into a metaphorical hole where I could rot alone. At least they didn't starve and rape me.

uninvolved but always assumed im guilty until proven innocent but never did anything about it

father authoritarian, mother authoritative
i feel like each of them also slightly bleed into the tier below the one they are though

It was god this and god that. Then dad said that I had no personality and I should be buried in backyard next to my dead dog.

Dad was authoritative. Mom was a mix of 1 and 2.

"Authoritative parents seek a balance between the teens’ desire for independence and the parents’ desire to be listened to."

This describes him pretty well. Hes a good man tbh.

Stupid fucking thread for boredcels. Go post this nothing bullshit on a psychology forum if you're that curious about it.

where tf is arbitrary? I would get in trouble over the dumbest shit while at the same time being allowed to do crazy shit. I once got screamed at for hours since my brother and I ordered a cheese pizza (cheese pizza ias for babies I guess so we deserved to get screamed at and hit?? but they also allowed us to binge drink. fuck my childhood was weird tbh wish I got a more normal one but at the same time I don't want to deny the good shit my parents did for me.

Father was authoritarian, mother was authoritative

Stupid fucking thread for boredcels. Go post this nothing bullshit on a psychology forum if you're that curious about it.
if you aren’t raised perfectly completely normal and flawless and high pedigree as a sub 8 male normies won’t make social and sexual game easy for you. This totally is significant to Inceldom to be honest

if you aren’t raised perfectly completely normal and flawless and high pedigree as a sub 8 male normies won’t make social and sexual game easy for you. This totally is significant to Inceldom to be honest
Yes, yes you're right. Forgive me, I hadn't had my morning cigarette yet when I made that post. I was irritable as hell.

I fucking had helicopter parents and honestly it's 10 times worse than the holohaux, it legit makes it over before it began. Legit no chance to succeed. Because of this, I've suffered so much and wasted so much time, all of this and to top it off, I'm a subhuman.

I fucking had helicopter parents and honestly it's 10 times worse than the holohaux, it legit makes it over before it began. Legit no chance to succeed. Because of this, I've suffered so much and wasted so much time, all of this and to top it off, I'm a subhuman.
Helicopter parenting is child abuse.

Mix of 2 and 3 really. Most of it was just my dad wanting me to be a child prodigy but not really being willing to put in the effort to cultivate that, just getting snarky when I didn't go the way he wanted.
My parents were like this. This is common among working class families imo. They just expect you be genius straight from the womb. The implication is you either have it or not. The middle class to upper class families on the other hand seem to believe in cultivation.

I was raised in a very strict Muslim household. And because there were no Muslims where we lived i wasn't allowed to have friends and i was physically and sexually abused, and forced to pray and do rituals, a couple times my older brother tried to kill me, I'm a product of Incest, I was groomed and raised to be antisocial, and when i went to school i was always bullied.

Now i'm just a 50 year old lonely, suicidal, fucktard. Fuck you mom and dad! Fuck Allah! Fuck Mohammad! (Piss be upon him)

worst of both worlds tbh, father was uninvolved except when doling out punishment, mother was a dragon lady that was extremely controlling and goal-focused in a way that failed to boost self-esteem

actually that is pretty common now that I think about it

anyway, the thing is that some parenting styles and sources of information and things like that, can be so bad, that coin flips are actually better, meaning that being left the fuck alone permissive style is actually better and can lead to you building your own heuristic on how to interact with normies, what to channel your energy into, and figure out how to have some fucking sex before you're 40

Last edited:
Tie between the top two. My biggest complaint was that my parents hated video games and restricted me from anything that was M rated. So I have memories of me just internet shitposting while my friends played San Andreas and Halo 3.

Last edited:
None of those. Smother controling, but not by strict commanding and rules, but by nagging (and mastered that), and father nagged by her, and without big power to do decisions

none of these. they were uninvolved in my interests, education, work, but my mother put immense amount on pressure on me when it comes to finding a partner or my friends. i still hear from her every day that i am a failure, even tho i pay for her rent and food jfl.
my dad is really based though. he was encouraging in the best ways, and despite of his financial situation he would always try his best to make me happy.

Permissive. My parents never worried about grades or anything. Even when I would fluke my exams in school they didn't care. They never taught me anything either. My dad never taught me how to fix a car or do repairs around the house. He would buy me toys and video game consoles but he never worried about my future.

Uninvolved with bashing and putting me down when trying to interact with my father, I was pretty much raised by my grandmother.
In fact I remember spending most of my childhood hiding from him and avoiding any discussion.

father was an alcoholic, mother's a helicopter

recipe for disaster

Some combination of authoritarian and permissive, mostly the first one. Unbalanced childhood left me in a negative psychological state.

Mom had no backbone and just manipulated me into doing what she wanted and dad was a drunk that i could never disagree with.