Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why are normies so addicted to sports?

Crustaciouse

Crustaciouse

Banned
-
I never understood the enjoyment of rooting for some teams that you have nothing to do with.
And the games are always a long boring mess. Soccer, basketball, football, it's all so overblown.
The only "sport" I can enjoy is mma and UFC, and I only watch that to see guys fuck each other up, I never really care who wins.

There's something primal and many about sports. I'm a big baseball and hockey fan, and enjoy some football (real football not gay European football). It's primal competition and territory representation.

Tribalism, sports simulate war and the bluepillsed normie is naturally anamalistic in nature.

Simple things amuse simple minds.

I don't really mind them all that much, but I DO mind it when they air sports information on a news station. I don't want to hear about how some irrelevant African gladiator got his achilles tendon ruptured for the 8th time on the news.

Tribalism, sports simulate war and the bluepillsed normie is naturally anamalistic in nature.
Yea i think its to sublimate primitive urges. I also think its a distraction from more important matters.

Vicarious living through fantasy enactement (wearing jerseys, going to games, being angry and primal). Basically fantasy for adults.

Sports are a cope that emulates the sense of belonging somewhere and watching disputes like the Coliseum and shit in the past.

The only "sport" I can enjoy is mma and UFC, and I only watch that to see guys fuck each other up, I never really care who wins.
Haha, that's whats up. I mean even in combat sports you get people backing individual fighters like they're family members, I guess it's just an extremely powerful cope.

I think this is a tribal and collectivist sentiment, as well as nationalism and political ideologies.​
Something like: "We vs Them."​

Sports are a cope that emulates the sense of belonging somewhere and watching disputes like the Coliseum and shit in the past.
Misplaced tribalism. Normally it should be your ethnic group or racial community, not your neighborhood club that imports players from all over the world.

Normies get cucked on a daily basis from immigration, dating and other problems. They also have the manly instinct of war they cannot satisfy anywhere. Sports are a cope for that.

I only enjoy betting on sports. Don't care who wins so long as I win.

Yea i think its to sublimate primitive urges. I also think its a distraction from more important matters.

Sports are good for male development though, being a fatass and routing for a team while you're being cucked by your wife and government is not.

Misplaced tribalism. Normally it should be your ethnic group or racial community, not your neighborhood club that imports players from all over the world.

Normies get cucked on a daily basis from immigration, dating and other problems. They also have the manly instinct of war they cannot satisfy anywhere. Sports are a cope for that.

I only enjoy betting on sports. Don't care who wins so long as I win.
High IQ post.

It is similar to nationalism and religion. Cope with life and it fills primal needs.

for cope or to be NT, people at school loved to talk about football/basketball

also look at the people who are in sports, lots are ugly(NBA)

I like sports, and admire athelticism and talent, if you listen to a lot of the insight and spiritual take some of these guys have, it can be informative, I admire the drive, the talent, oh don't bullshit yourself and think it's not about money, of course it fucking is, that's fine, just don't bullshit me on that.

However, what I can't stand is sports culture or some the elements of it. Like I am in an area a good portion of the time where like that's all anyone talks about, or it's one of the only ways to get an in socially. I understand commonalities, and fandoms, and commerardie, but there is more shit to talk about and going on. I get escapism, which is fine, but like all the time? Really?

Because people enjoy different things, simple. The NFL season is my favorite time of the year

Low IQ, that's why so many south-east Europeans like them

And for some reason I actually strength-train and I'm still probably weaker than my peers who don't and just play football