Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why are normies so obsessed with therapy? (srs discussion)

• Thread starter Incel_Because_Short
  • Start date
I

Incel_Because_Short

Veteran
It's their number one solution to any problem you may have.

Have relationship problems? Therapy. Self-esteem problems? Therapy. Any level of pessimism? Therapy.

It's as if they genuinely believe that paying someone to listen to your problems somehow solves your problems.

Therapy for the most part does nothing to address the underlying problems you are facing. At most, they provide a coping mechanism and medication to help you manage the stress from your problems. If you are smoothbrained, therapy can help you delude yourself.

Honestly I don't get it. Therapy is honestly like the modern-day confessional. The only difference is that it's no longer done at a Church and the person listening to your confessions is no longer a priest, but it performs virtually the same function and has the same sentiment.

Normies like to use the therapy line similar to how Catholics think about the Confession sacrement. Oh you have sinned? Confess at the Church. Oh you have sinned? Go to a therapist. That's what it sounds like to me. The Wellness Centre is the modern-day Church and the Therapist is the modern day priest.

The advice has less to do with actually helping a person and more to do with accusing someone of being mentally ill when they're not.

I’ve been to multiple therapists over the years. It’s all a money scam

daily reminder that ER had therapist yet he still went ER

Normies don't fucking care about anything unless if it's also normie. "Going to therapy" is the "normal" procedure for dealing with mental health issues, in the same way that taking big pharma pills is the "normie" solution to getting sick.

Therapy is basically an appeasement scam. It's never about YOU getting better, it's about making other people feel unthreatened by you. By going to therapy, you concede that the safety of others is more important than your own misery.

Last edited:
because they're very incapable and dumb so they need a therapist's help, otherwise they're stuck in shit for life whenever they face any serious trouble. to them, the therapist is a savior because she (or he but its usually a foid) knows the way the human mind works more or less

we however, are better than that, and know more than the therapist about ourselves by virtue of being high IQ and observant. im going to therapy and tbh everything the therapist tells me I already know, I only go to vent

Its a cope, just like pasting the suicide hotline number

They’re pretty much saying they don’t give a fuck and to get out of their face

Because they're narcissistic and it's time when somebody is giving them attention and only talks about themselves.

They think talking about your problems will solve them.
I wonder how many jews at Auschwitz were able to get otlut by talking about their problem
full

I went to shrinks for Adderall

Therapists will just tell you that your problems aren't real. The reason why normies think therapy is the same thing as Jesus healing lepers is because normies are NPCs and want everyone to think and believe the same things. When you know the truth (about your hideous face), they rather you unlearn the truth. The thing is, the blackpill cannot be unlearned. The truth is the truth. Surgery or suicide, those are our only options.

It's as if they genuinely believe that paying someone to listen to your problems somehow solves your problems.

They dont, its just a reactionary response meaning, "I dont know the answer, I dont care to find out, leave me alone."

the vast majority of normies are low IQ, going to therapy is for retards because they don't identify the root cause of your problems most of the time, they're agenda is pretty much pretending to listen, telling you shit you wanna hear, giving you contrived non-specific "advice", and in the end they just give you a prescription for pills that render you numb, emotionally withdrawn and apathetic.

I think normies are obsessed with therapy because of the pills they get in the end, they need those pills to suppress their inner turmoil.

the vast majority of normies are low IQ, going to therapy is for retards because they don't identify the root cause of your problems most of the time, they're agenda is pretty much pretending to listen, telling you shit you wanna hear, giving you contrived non-specific "advice", and in the end they just give you a prescription for pills that render you numb, emotionally withdrawn and apathetic.

I think normies are obsessed with therapy because of the pills they get in the end, they need those pills to suppress their inner turmoil.

I think I need some pills too. Rather feel numb than depressed every fucking day. Btw, i went to therapy and it made me feel better for a little while, then I went back to my old ways

As social alienation has increased because of liberal-capitalism, people have become less capable of resolving disputes between themselves, and so have outsourced conflict resolutions to police officers and therapists and the like.

It is no coincidence that a therapist will not hesitate to call the police on you if you say too much, and betray your trust, because both professions are emblematic of social decay, and both a police officer and a therapist are effectively working against you, and see you as something to be managed rather than made satisfied.

A therapist is the capitalist equivalent of a KGB spy pretending to be your friend, but who is actually just there to inform on any seditious words of yours, while you pay him to do so.

Last edited:
They need to beleive that we are all equal and any problem one might have could be costlessly remedied with some words. Any problem you could have exists only in your head, and you’re just thinking about things the wrong way.
also this

Last edited: