Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Why do pictures have to be so honest?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
So I was coping yesterday, decided to change my haircut and shave my beard. Then I looked I the mirror and thought that I didn't look awful, however as soon as I took a couple pictures of myself from both the front and side, the illusion was shattered immediately:feelscry:

Seriously why am I such a fucking subhuman? I mean it's just a combination of multiple bad features, asymmetry, and having zero facial harmony whatsoever. But it's weird how I can think that I don't look all that bad when seeing my reflection, that is when it's so obvious that this is wrong as soon as I take a picture. I remember my mother used to tell me that I was just wasn't "photogenic". Literally a roundabout and deceptive way of calling me ugly. Damn I wish my parents could've just been honest with me when I was a kid. Even looking at old photos from when I was young, I can see why I got so much shit, fucking genetic garbage.

I never take pictures because it's ropefuel

The same happens to me, sometimes i look decent in the mirror then i take a picture or a video and i'm the same deformedcel as always

same bro got a buzzcut and my subhuman skull was fully showcased. my mum even laughed at me in front of my face and said my whole family would laugh at me as well.

I look the same in both.

same bro got a buzzcut and my subhuman skull was fully showcased. my mum even laughed at me in front of my face and said my whole family would laugh at me as well.
Brutal

Same I look not as bad in a mirror than in pictures, idk why.

I look the same in both.
Well naturally I must as well, however I think that I have a tendency to cope when I'm not looking at a still image. For some reason my brain can deny some of my ugliness when looking in the mirror, but not when I take a picture immediately afterwards.

Don't know why I'm like this tbh.

Well naturally I must as well, however I think that I have a tendency to cope when I'm not looking at a still image. For some reason my brain can deny some of my ugliness when looking in the mirror, but not when I take a picture immediately afterwards.

Don't know why I'm like this tbh.

Mirros and Cellphones will not make a better or worst version of you, only if you are too close to them (distortion) if you have a receding chin so you will know, if you have feminine eyebrows so you will know etc... i really don't see difference, maybe your mirror are small, maybe you're making too close videos with your phone, or both, so you don't really know what you looks like, but the distortion can make this

Images 13

Images 14

If the distortion affect a 7+ imagine us :cryfeels:

If seeing pictures of yourself does not immediately bring you to absolute suicidal despair you are 10000% a fakecel

Mirros and Cellphones will not make a better or worst version of you, only if you are too close to them (distortion) if you have a receding chin so you will know, if you have feminine eyebrows so you will know etc... i really don't see difference, maybe your mirror are small, maybe you're making too close videos with your phone, or both, so you don't really know what you looks like, but the distortion can make this

View attachment 156762

View attachment 156763

If the distortion affect a 7+ imagine us :cryfeels:
Then I guess it really is just me coping, because looking at some of the images now, it's definitely not lens distortion. I probably just see my reflection as 'normal' so I don't think about it in any objective way. My vision is also horrible without my glasses, and I might need new ones tbh, so that could play a role too.

It's just that all my flaws are made obvious in a picture, which must be what I actually look like to other people.

So I was coping yesterday, decided to change my haircut and shave my beard. Then I looked I the mirror and thought that I didn't look awful, however as soon as I took a couple pictures of myself from both the front and side, the illusion was shattered immediately:feelscry:
story of my life lol i always feel like my face is not that subhuman when my hair is long and i have a bit of beard. So when i decide to shave and took pictures, that always remind me my subhumanity brutally. I become extremely depressed after doing that and can't concentrate on anything properly. The worst thing is after my hair and beard grows again i convince myself that when i shave again i might not look that bad this time and i always face with the same shit result.

Happens to me aswell. Hence why i completly stopped taking pictures of myself. At least this way i can delude myself into thinking that i'm at least normie tier, in terms of looks.

I never even posted a selfie anywhere. The concept of feeling good and secure in your own body is so alien to me.

I never even posted a selfie anywhere. The concept of feeling good and secure in your own body is so alien to me.
same, i have zero photos online i only take selfies to observe my subhumanity tbh

Mirror mirror on the wall.... who's the fairest of them all you lying sack of shit