Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why does Black music place such a heavy emphasis on percussion and rhythm?

iHateLife

iHateLife

Mahou Shoujo
-
Why does the music of the Melanin lords place such a high value of percussion, things like harmony and melody may be completely ignored in favored of pure rhythm and repetition?

I like harmony and melody more. If I ever made music, I'd make a reasonable amount with the absence of percussion just to put more emphasis on melody and harmony. I also seem to like droning sounds instead of the striking sound of some drum instrument. Are my neanderthal genetics making me prefer this?

Perfect example of a TRVE Melanin lord's music of choice. The melody of the song is just two notes repeated over and over accompanied with an assortment of percussion.

This is the the neanderthal's music of choice. Long droning notes, harmony of multiple voices, and melody that alternates a lot. Note the complete lack of any form of percussion.

It goes back to the (comparatively recent) days when Blacks were dancing around a fire and banging drums.

Niggas are too stupid to play a chord progression.

Because without it, it is very boring

Never thought about it

Because without it, it is very boring
I actually prefer music without percussion sometimes, if I apply melanin will I finally feel the power of the drum?

Hip-hop is popular now and percussion is quite relevant in rap music. It might be due to the ease of rapping against percussion, or it might be a result of percussion being easy to synthesize and sample for an amateur. Perhaps a musicologist can give an honest answer. Funny thing is people used to ask a similar question but surrounding guitars back when rock and roll and swing were popular.

Most people are stupid and like simple music

Interesting topic

Black people have made all kinds of music, some of it advanced and some it not so advanced. You can pick chief keef to be your black persons choice of music but i could also pick some shitty pop music from taylor swift as white peoples choice of music. But they're both shitty so I dont think thats a good way to compare it.

Most western music never would have existed without african influence. Thats not because they're geniuses or because they are stupid or anything like that. Its just what people wanted to listen to. People saying black people cant understand anything more complex than rhythm is ridiculous, especially because just rhythm is enough to be very complex. You ever try to play the drums? Not easy.

I could simplify chord progressions and melodies until they are easy just like you can simplify percussion.

The chinese were never playing complex orchestral pieces with 16 different instruments before western music was introduced but i dont hear anyone talking about how theyre too stupid to play music. The chinese just had different music, thats all there is to it, just like they had different music everywhere

Rhythm is instinctual and repeats with little change. In other words, it's simple.

Black people have made all kinds of music, some of it advanced and some it not so advanced. You can pick chief keef to be your black persons choice of music but i could also pick some shitty pop music from taylor swift as white peoples choice of music. But they're both shitty so I dont think thats a good way to compare it.

Most western music never would have existed without african influence. Thats not because they're geniuses or because they are stupid or anything like that. Its just what people wanted to listen to. People saying black people cant understand anything more complex than rhythm is ridiculous, especially because just rhythm is enough to be very complex. You ever try to play the drums? Not easy.

I could simplify chord progressions and melodies until they are easy just like you can simplify percussion.

The chinese were never playing complex orchestral pieces with 16 different instruments before western music was introduced but i dont hear anyone talking about how theyre too stupid to play music. The chinese just had different music, thats all there is to it, just like they had different music everywhere

Probably the most honest answer here.

K5no5

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back