Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why is Elliot Rodger more famous than Marc Lepine among incel communities?

muharremabi

muharremabi

70iqcel
-
Why do you think Elliot Rodger has more reputation than Marc Lepine(who killed 14 feminists) despite failing even at his revenge by shooting random people that has nothing to do with his misery? Is it because of his looks or was it the generation differences between the two, what do you think?

It happened many years ago and there is no footage/manifesto of Marc Lepine.

More recent and had an awesome manifesto and set of video blogs

ER had a lot of interesting media, like his manifesto, videos, and forum posts.
ER was more entertaining.

More media with ER and also because he was the first real public incel shooter.

ER had a lot of interesting media, like his manifesto, videos, and forum posts.
ER was more entertaining.
Tbh. Even though he totally failed his retribution.

Marc Lepine is my top choice. Elliot Rodger is alright but he doesn't even make it to bronze 3rd place. Good manifesto though

Elliot was a fine Youtuber. His videos I'm chillaxing every time I see his videos. He was also a very good writer and his manifesto is a master piece.

No wonder most incels like him. Also, he has proven the redpill to be wrong and the blackpill to be truth.

It happened many years ago and there is no footage/manifesto of Marc Lepine.
I think he had a short one but yeah ER manifestomogs him.

Marc Lepine is my top choice. Elliot Rodger is alright but he doesn't even make it to bronze 3rd place. Good manifesto though
Mine is too tbh. I have even more admiration for Marc Lepine after watching Polytechnique. His actions were based af.

2 things Im guessing. First is because it took place in Canada as opposed to the States where shootings are more glorified, and second is because it took place before the real age of the internet where everything is more connected. Columbine is more famous than this even though Marc Lepine killed more people.

Why do you think Elliot Rodger has more reputation than Marc Lepine(who killed 14 feminists) despite failing even at his revenge by shooting random people that has nothing to do with his misery? Is it because of his looks or was it the generation differences between the two, what do you think?

Better marketing, ER had a readable 'manifesto' and well produced Youtube videos where he communicates a relatively coherent message. Additionally the whole setting of the ER story came straight out of a Brett Easton Ellis book: rich Hollywood people doing bad things in luxurious, sunny, beautiful Californian surroundings.

People are fascinated by that stuff - Marc Lepine, Sodini, Cho and AM were (lower) middle class nobodies living in unremarkable places, going to unremarkable schools, did unremarkable things and came from unremarkable backgrounds before they went ER. They just blend into the background with all the far more numerous non-incel spreekillings.

Last edited:
He left behind a legacy with his videos, forum posts and manifesto.

Probably because he is more easily memed tbh

Lookism + the fact Elliot was significantly younger so most people in incel communities can identify with him more + the long manifesto Elliot wrote and the highly meme-able videos he made.

I don't condone violent attacks and killings, but Lepine mogged Rodger to Pluto and back at going ER. He only killed actual feminists instead of ricecels and random people on the streets.

The fact that ER failed so miserably probably brought him even more attention; normies are more likely to laugh at him.

because elliot rodher is not white

Cho blew away his oneitis before he went on his spree, why doesn’t anybody worship that ricecel?

ER's videos are what spread the blackpill farther than ever before. Other mass murderers have killed women, others have written manifestos. But none had made video manifestos that resonated as much as ER's did.

ER had movie star good looks + great taste in music + the ability to speak very well ie he was clear and concise and had a voice that was vERy easy to listen to, ALL of which led to him being adopted by the incel community as it’s arguably most iconic figure.

If you really think about it almost every other mass shooter out there incel or not that we’ve heard speak was either too quiet sounding, awkward or goony sounding.

ER in comparison with his buttery smooth vocals can perhaps be considered for all time as the veritable Luther Vandross of incels. :feelskek:

View: https://youtu.be/Nu9RVPTpDyA

Last edited:
Probably because of Elliot's manifesto, and the fact that it was more recent.