Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Why wanting a government ruled by god is cope

G

GermaniaIncelia

incel vortex
-
A government needs legitimacy to rule or it will be overthrown. It needs its people to believe that it is rightfully ruling over them.

In a theocracy the monarch or his clergy gain legitimacy by the claim of being the representative of god and merely acting in accordance with his will. which makes it crucial that people view this person as such a representative. but technology is incompatible with the morals of a god because it enables all the things that such a god deems immoral. therefore in a techno-industrial society a theocracy consistently loses its legitimacy. even if you convinced every single person to believe in god and a world government theocracy was established, it would corrupt, corrode and fall apart again due to the contradiction that is technology and the belief in god.

a theocracy can put restrictions on the usage of technology, but it just takes a single human tempted to use superior technology to dominate everyone else who refrains from its usage.

We have a theocracy but the god is money.

We have a theocracy but the god is money.
had to think about that for a second. i wouldn't say that. a government is a structure. money is more like a super- or infrastructure independent of government. there have always been business men and traders around even before currency existed and they have had a strong influence because of their wealth, leverage and contacts.

our society can be seen as a theocracy but money still wouldn't be the god. money as resources just exists, with or without government. science and its claims on objective truth are a rebranding of the clergy staff. whenever people want to know what is true and what they ought to do, they receive their feedback from the "experts". the experts say what the ruling class wants. money is the intermediary between the different classes, it's not equatable to what people bow down to. which could be seen as power or fear.

for example if i was to flail around money in front of your face, would you do what i tell you or would you give me one over the head and take the money instead? a person who won the lottery should be discreet about it because he could get robbed, stuff like that happens. you don't become a representative of god just by owning a lot of money, only if you translate the money into power some way does it lift you up into a higher class. contrast this to when people would bow down before you when you told them that they are going to burn in the afterlife if they don't behave a certain way. and you can gain that power with other means than money.

power and fear have always been the primary means of control and without an idea like god above it, we have been reduced to rely solely on these mechanisms instead now. there is no real replacement for something that is above the worldly.

Last edited:
The scientific clergy are working for the government on behalf of the supreme god, the greatest power of them all, the most deeply meaning thing in human life, money and material possession. So you still have a theocratic system but it's a different god. Even the actual religions in the West are all about money in reality from the Roman Catholic Church and all it's vast treasures stashed in the Vatican to Evangelising US Protestant preachers and the millions they make. They're set-up as a business for maximum profit.

money and material possession. So you still have a theocratic system but it's a different god.
practically that is what drives people into action, i agree on that. but what people care about is something that transcends that. and i don't mean that in a romantical sense, there is not necessarily something that has to actually transcend the material world. But i would claim that people have the desire for there to be more. which still leaves me with the conclusion that a world that tries to run on nothing but rationality goes away from what a theocracy stands for. it may still share many similarities with a theocracy, but i could draw the same comparisons to other forms of government because the similarities are by grace of the underyling mechanisms that exist regardless of government form.

should have just killed his people in slow chunks so he wouldn't get too upset to retaliate. that's bully 101.
I hated what they did to Negan, in my happy endings the villains always win with people screaming blood curdling cries in the background. Life fuel.