[News] William gets accused of harassment for filing an official complaint about GorillaWarfare's edits to the incel Wikipedia article

Leucosticte

Leucosticte

Quasi-neoreactionary libertarian
-
14h 7m
As you know, there's a femoid Wikipedia Arbitration Committee member, GorillaWarfare, who's been dominating the editing of the incel article on Wikipedia. This has resulted in a lot of inaccurate statements from the mainstream press (e.g. that incels are mostly white) being repeated in the wiki article. When Wikipedians, such as William, have a complaint about administrators' behavior, they are invited to make a complaint at the Administrators' Noticeboard; in fact, when he asked for arbitration, they told him, "If it's that bad, use a noticeboard next." So he did just that, stating:
GorillaWarfare, an admin, against wikipedia conduct policy [114] has assumed ownership of the controversial 'incel' article [115] when no one is supposed to do so. Vigorously reverting my own edits, or thylacloop5, or Amin, and a bunch of other uncoordinated registered editors. She has written/tone-policed (ownership) most of the content after the Minassian attack and along with another veteran, for the (purpose of reverting along WP:Tendentious_editing#Righting_great_wrongs lines for months, but not sure how relevant that is to this board). In a declined Arbcom case [116] (for not going to this board and others for dispute resolution), editor Thylacoop5 had notified myself that he had notified Gorilla of violating the ownership rule, he did so here in late May diff.

Editors are told to use BOLD, REVERT, DISCUSS. But with the exception of the latest edit cycle during/after the arbcom submission and maybe a couple other examples, almost any *meaningful* edits by users other than Gorilla and one or two other veterans go EDIT --> REVERT ---> languishes in talk page. With such a large, long dispute it's hard to provide all the examples of Gorilla reverting without it turning into a NPOV argument or list of dozens of diffs, but the frequency of her reverts and dominant stance on the talk page tells most of the story. The reason I'm all over the talk page is because that's what is required to just make any changes to the article, but this isn't about me or my changes, it's about all the users who want to use their op-ed instead of Gorilla's, just hedging myself in case someone wants to make it about me.Willwill0415 (talk) 18:28, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
Immediately, Wikipedians began accusing him of harassment for objecting to her pattern of behavior, and they're proposing that he be banned from any further involvement in editing incel- or gender-related articles. They also want to put a wiki-restraining order on him, banning him from interacting with GorillaWarfare. They've said that this is "a dispute that the OP is clearly vested in".

GorillaWarfare writes, "The incel subculture is notable, particularly since it began receiving considerable media attention after the 2014 Isla Vista killings and especially after the Toronto van attack in April 2018. The concept that ordinary men who are not members of this subculture and just aren't getting laid are 'involuntarily celibate' however is a fringe view that, in my opinion, is an attempt by members of the subculture to try to normalize their otherwise radical viewpoints. It's also a concept that is adequately described by other Wikipedia articles, such as sexual frustration and sexual abstinence."

According to Wikipedia, "Sexual frustration in humans is frustration caused by a discrepancy between a person's desired and achieved sexual activity." Apparently in GorillaWarfare's view, Chad's frustration that he only has time in the day to bang 20 different new Stacies falls into the same general category as sub-8 men's frustration at NEVER getting laid.

According to Wikipedia, "Sexual abstinence or sexual restraint is the practice of refraining from some or all aspects of sexual activity for medical, psychological, legal, social, financial, philosophical, moral, or religious reasons." That contains no mention of not being able to get laid because of one's looks. But GorillaWarfare thinks incels are in the same category as Stacies who exercise "sexual restraint" by declining to have sex with sub-8 men.

If you want fair coverage of a topic, these days you pretty much have to edit your own third-party wiki instead of Wikipedia.

Last edited:
1984cel

1984cel

Banned
-
Wikipedia is just another cucked source of gynocentric propaganda

Leucosticte

Leucosticte

-
14h 7m
Well, he just got topic-banned from "articles and discussions related to gender-related movements, controversies and disputes".

@leftyincel Jytdog is a real dick, huh? "indef Willwill0415 for SPA/NOTHERE rank advocacy. Basta."

You can always just get a sockpuppet and edit using that, but I've mostly decided it's not worthwhile. I hardly edit Wikipedia at all these days, since it seems like such a lost cause.

Last edited:
Zesto

Zesto

Chair of the Beautification Committee
-
5m
Just Lol we went from Nathan now to William.

Who's next, Alexander?

Leucosticte

Leucosticte

-
14h 7m
They just really don't like dissidents starting WP:ANI threads, because it exposes their behavior. So that's why they hit you the boomerang.

Henry de Montherlant

Henry de Montherlant

Transcendental
-
The problem here is that some people are judge and party. And those people are politically under the influence of an ideology. Something is very wrong with thos third wave feminist here.

Modus Coperandi

Modus Coperandi

thanks for the rope, kind stranger
★★★★★
14d 1h 45m
this is not the first time I've seen something like this happening at wikipedia.
that site is cucked beyond belief.

Fontaine

Fontaine

Banned
-
13h 10m
GorillaWarfare writes, "The incel subculture is notable, particularly since it began receiving considerable media attention after the 2014 Isla Vista killings and especially after the Toronto van attack in April 2018. The concept that ordinary men who are not members of this subculture and just aren't getting laid are 'involuntarily celibate' however is a fringe view that, in my opinion, is an attempt by members of the subculture to try to normalize their otherwise radical viewpoints. It's also a concept that is adequately described by other Wikipedia articles, such as sexual frustration and sexual abstinence."

According to Wikipedia, "Sexual frustration in humans is frustration caused by a discrepancy between a person's desired and achieved sexual activity." Apparently in GorillaWarfare's view, Chad's frustration that he only has time in the day to bang 20 different new Stacies falls into the same general category as sub-8 men's frustration at NEVER getting laid.

According to Wikipedia, "Sexual abstinence or sexual restraint is the practice of refraining from some or all aspects of sexual activity for medical, psychological, legal, social, financial, philosophical, moral, or religious reasons." That contains no mention of not being able to get laid because of one's looks. But GorillaWarfare thinks incels are in the same category as Stacies who exercise "sexual restraint" by declining to have sex with sub-8 men.
You are correct: GorillaWarfare is disingenuous on the matter. Sexual frustration doesn't entirely cover what being in a state of involuntary celibacy is, and sexual abstinence is voluntary. Logic demands a third concept of "involuntary celibacy".

Clear bias showing.

However, because GorillaWarfare has power and other wikipedia editors don't have power, her version of things will unfortunately come to dominate, possibly forever.