Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel YOUNGCELS GTFIH: Here is some suifuel data for you. PROOF THAT POPULARITY EXISTS IN COLLEGE

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
Many people like to constantly perpetuate this myth that popularity doesn’t matter anymore after high school. THEY ARE LYING AND INCORRECT. Popularity STILL exists in college. Anyone who denies this is a bluepilled copefag. People also like to say that highschoolcels will ascend in college. Most of the truecel ones won’t. Only the fakecel ones ascend. Greek life is PROOF that popularity still exists in college. In college, there is a hierarchy, frat boys and sorority girls at the top and incels at the bottom. The frat boys and sorority girls are all chads and stacys who party every weekend, are much more sexually active, socialize much more and also know many more people. They do all of this way more often than even normies do.

the only college where popularity doesn’t exist is community college because that’s where truecels and landwhales go to. but at 4 year uni popularity exists. The only reason you don’t know the names of popular kids in college is because it’s 30,000 retards on one big campus of several buildings while hs is just 2000 retards in a single small building together. If college was 2000 in one building you would know the names of all the popular motherfuckers in college and if hs was 30,000 retards on a big campus of multiple buildings you wouldn’t know the names of the popular people in hs

here’s some data that PROVES popularity exists in college.

In a sample of college undergrads from a liberal arts college, they asked students how much they think popularity exists in college and what is traits they think are associated with popularity. 86.3% of college students said that popularity exists in college.

another study examined how much certain students have sex, have loneliness, etc. here’s a few quotes:

“Drug risk. Social and counterculture crowd affiliations posi- tively predicted drug-related risk-taking behaviors, whereas scholastic and athletic crowd affiliations negatively predicted drug-related risk-taking behaviors.

Academic risk. Counterculture crowd affiliation positively predicted academic-related risk-taking behaviors, whereas scholastic crowd affiliation negatively predicted academic- related risk-taking behaviors.

Alcohol risk. Social and counterculture crowd affiliations posi- tively predicted alcohol-related risk-taking behaviors, whereas scholastic crowd affiliation negatively predicted alcohol- related risk-taking behaviors.

Sex risk. Social and counterculture crowd affiliations positively predicted sex-related risk-taking behaviors

Social–emotional adjustment. Counterculture crowd affiliation positively predicted loneliness, whereas social, athletic, and scholastic crowd affiliations negatively predicted loneliness. Social and scholastic crowd affiliations positively predicted college belongingness, whereas counterculture affiliation negatively predicted college belongingness.”

Here’s another study and here’s a quote: “There is no good reason to assume that social interaction and social hier- archy lose their valence in emerging adulthood. It is believed that throughout adult life, social relationships remain influential, affecting self-esteem (Leary, Tambor, Terdal, & Downs, 1995), health (Kawachi & Berkman, 2001), and leading to “social pain,” that shares common physiological mechanisms with physical pain, when one is socially excluded (MacDonald & Leary, 2005). Evidence that social status is particularly salient in emerging adult- hood comes from findings of LaFontana and Cillessen (2010), who find both late adolescents (Grades 9-12) and emerging adults (Grades 13-16) to priori- tize enhancing popularity over other social goals including romantic relation- ships. The fact that emerging adults are more likely to prioritize status enhancement over romantic relationships and rule adherence than adoles- cents indicates that peer status plays a large role in the social decision making of emerging adults.”

“Together, these findings suggest that peer status in a school setting in emerg- ing adulthood is quite similar to peer status in adolescence. Research with younger age groups has shown consistently that preference is associated with prosocial traits and behaviors only, whereas popularity is associated with a mixture of prosocial and antisocial traits and behaviors (Cillessen & Rose, 2005). Exactly the same happened in the current emerging adult sample: Preference was related to being prosocial and included but not aggressive. Popularity was related to being prosocial and included and aggressive. The consistency of these results in an 18- to 25-year-old sample with results found across the 10- to 18-year age range is remarkable and points to a universality of the structure of the peer group across a wide age range. These findings also lead to the conclusion that power is still a salient part of group dynamics in emerging adulthood.

This shows that college adults care about popularity and status more than high schoolers.

Another study shows that 27% of college students go to college just to party. Here’s more info.

also bullying doesn’t end after high school. It is just as common in college and after college. Here’s my thread about it

don’t listen to anyone who tells you that girls are less picky in college. You think some autistic 1/10 manlet can date a stacy sorority girl? No. She is gonna date the frat boy chad. People in Greek life aka chads and stacies party a lot and have many more friends while normies have more average amount of friends and we incels are lonely as hell in college

@JosefMengelecel @FastBananaCEO @MountainGorilla @goydivision @Bleachcel @Colvin76

Fraternities and sororities

based but I already knew, I'm not delusional blupiller

But what does that article have to do with that?
how putting incels in college and in proximity to that is psychological torture and causes people to snap

I already knew this but thank you. I'm not going to college thankfully

No shit, dude. Popularity exists even in retirement homes. Just another consequence of being a social species.

High IQ. Anyone who tells me I can ascend in college is a bluepill gaslighting faggot

Who cares, college/uni is a place of learning not a club, stop thinking like a whore.

Everything in life is a populatiry contest.

Popularity lasts even until your funeral. Who was saying it doesn't matter? LOL.

JFL at me starting college this fall

This is really bad. I only have one more year until I have to go to college. This fall I am starting 12th grade. College is going to be absolute suifuel

This is really bad. I only have one more year until I have to go to college. This fall I am starting 12th grade. College is going to be absolute suifuel
Idk where this myth comes from that everyone is equal in college honestly

Idk where this myth comes from that everyone is equal in college honestly
It’s just told to people who get bullied so they can cope. It’s bullshit tho and college isn’t any better than highschool

fuck. I’m going to college soon. It’s over. Hopefully I make friends quickly.

It’s just told to people who get bullied so they can cope. It’s bullshit tho and college isn’t any better than highschool
And they say chads become fat hobos later on jfl

Finished a little over half of my intended time in college, I second this.

Popularity exists in all stages of life

This only applies to American colleges. European colleges are different, there's no popular groups and frankly put there are no groups at all. So good thing I live here and not in that shithole called the US.

This only applies to American colleges. European colleges are different, there's no popular groups and frankly put there are no groups at all. So good thing I live here and not in that shithole called the US.
actually one of the studies was in netherlands.

Can confirm jfl. Popularity exists in college all the girls know the good looking popular boys that do modelling for the university. Meanwhile I remain an invisible turbomanlet STEMcel passing by everyday till my last year of college now

College is worse than high school for us incels. In high school it wasn't blatantly obvious that everyone around me was having sex. People were more subtle about their adventures. But at college you can't go a week without hearing about some fucking party. And you hear because people will talk about it all the time. Not necessarily with you, of course. College is Hell. I see all those 18-19 year old whores craving Chad's dick and I wanna rope. It's depressing too when I see women who have boyfriends cheat on them for "college experiences". It's so disgusting. Some of them have been dating those guys for many years. College is when pretty much all women become whores.

Many people like to constantly perpetuate this myth that popularity doesn’t matter anymore after high school. THEY ARE LYING AND INCORRECT. Popularity STILL exists in college. Anyone who denies this is a bluepilled copefag. People also like to say that highschoolcels will ascend in college. Most of the truecel ones won’t. Only the fakecel ones ascend. Greek life is PROOF that popularity still exists in college. In college, there is a hierarchy, frat boys and sorority girls at the top and incels at the bottom. The frat boys and sorority girls are all chads and stacys who party every weekend, are much more sexually active, socialize much more and also know many more people. They do all of this way more often than even normies do.

the only college where popularity doesn’t exist is community college because that’s where truecels and landwhales go to. but at 4 year uni popularity exists. The only reason you don’t know the names of popular kids in college is because it’s 30,000 retards on one big campus of several buildings while hs is just 2000 retards in a single small building together. If college was 2000 in one building you would know the names of all the popular motherfuckers in college and if hs was 30,000 retards on a big campus of multiple buildings you wouldn’t know the names of the popular people in hs

here’s some data that PROVES popularity exists in college.

In a sample of college undergrads from a liberal arts college, they asked students how much they think popularity exists in college and what is traits they think are associated with popularity. 86.3% of college students said that popularity exists in college.

another study examined how much certain students have sex, have loneliness, etc. here’s a few quotes:

“Drug risk. Social and counterculture crowd affiliations posi- tively predicted drug-related risk-taking behaviors, whereas scholastic and athletic crowd affiliations negatively predicted drug-related risk-taking behaviors.

Academic risk. Counterculture crowd affiliation positively predicted academic-related risk-taking behaviors, whereas scholastic crowd affiliation negatively predicted academic- related risk-taking behaviors.

Alcohol risk. Social and counterculture crowd affiliations posi- tively predicted alcohol-related risk-taking behaviors, whereas scholastic crowd affiliation negatively predicted alcohol- related risk-taking behaviors.

Sex risk. Social and counterculture crowd affiliations positively predicted sex-related risk-taking behaviors

Social–emotional adjustment. Counterculture crowd affiliation positively predicted loneliness, whereas social, athletic, and scholastic crowd affiliations negatively predicted loneliness. Social and scholastic crowd affiliations positively predicted college belongingness, whereas counterculture affiliation negatively predicted college belongingness.”

Here’s another study and here’s a quote: “There is no good reason to assume that social interaction and social hier- archy lose their valence in emerging adulthood. It is believed that throughout adult life, social relationships remain influential, affecting self-esteem (Leary, Tambor, Terdal, & Downs, 1995), health (Kawachi & Berkman, 2001), and leading to “social pain,” that shares common physiological mechanisms with physical pain, when one is socially excluded (MacDonald & Leary, 2005). Evidence that social status is particularly salient in emerging adult- hood comes from findings of LaFontana and Cillessen (2010), who find both late adolescents (Grades 9-12) and emerging adults (Grades 13-16) to priori- tize enhancing popularity over other social goals including romantic relation- ships. The fact that emerging adults are more likely to prioritize status enhancement over romantic relationships and rule adherence than adoles- cents indicates that peer status plays a large role in the social decision making of emerging adults.”

“Together, these findings suggest that peer status in a school setting in emerg- ing adulthood is quite similar to peer status in adolescence. Research with younger age groups has shown consistently that preference is associated with prosocial traits and behaviors only, whereas popularity is associated with a mixture of prosocial and antisocial traits and behaviors (Cillessen & Rose, 2005). Exactly the same happened in the current emerging adult sample: Preference was related to being prosocial and included but not aggressive. Popularity was related to being prosocial and included and aggressive. The consistency of these results in an 18- to 25-year-old sample with results found across the 10- to 18-year age range is remarkable and points to a universality of the structure of the peer group across a wide age range. These findings also lead to the conclusion that power is still a salient part of group dynamics in emerging adulthood.

This shows that college adults care about popularity and status more than high schoolers.

Another study shows that 27% of college students go to college just to party. Here’s more info.

also bullying doesn’t end after high school. It is just as common in college and after college. Here’s my thread about it

don’t listen to anyone who tells you that girls are less picky in college. You think some autistic 1/10 manlet can date a stacy sorority girl? No. She is gonna date the frat boy chad. People in Greek life aka chads and stacies party a lot and have many more friends while normies have more average amount of friends and we incels are lonely as hell in college

@JosefMengelecel @FastBananaCEO @MountainGorilla @goydivision @Bleachcel @Colvin76
I don't even remember a hierarchy in my high-school tbh, thought that was only in movies. Over for oblivious and not paying attentioncels.
As for popularity, the ones that made people laugh in class seemed the most popular to me, idk.
So over.

I tried the Greek life in college, rushed multiple frats . But due to a stem degree work over load I couldn’t make time for their stupid greek culture history lessons, plus if I became a pledge they’d treat me like shit anyways so fuck em. Even if I got in. I doubt I’d get laid despite ppl saying everyone gets laid.

In college it’s easy to ignore all the popularity contest bs tho, you really have to go searching for this to find it . Vs in HS everyone has to face the popularity contest daily

I did go to their parties and all the hot sororities girls were porperty of Chad and all the new pledges girl were property of chadlite.

If a pledge looked like a chad he’d became the new favourite of higher fratinity bro’s and would also get his pick in banging sorority sluts. Average to normal guys always got the small end of the stick

Last edited:
I tried the Greek life in college, rushed multiple frats . But due to a stem degree work over load I couldn’t make time for their stupid greek culture history lessons, plus if I became a pledge they’d treat me like shit anyways so fuck em. Even if I got in. I doubt I’d get laid despite ppl saying everyone gets laid.

In college it’s easy to ignore all the popularity contest bs tho, you really have to go searching for this to find it . Vs in HS everyone has to face the popularity contest daily

I did go to their parties and all the hot sororities girls were porperty of Chad and all the new pledges girl were property of chadlite.

If a pledge looked like a chad he’d became the new favourite of higher fratinity bro’s and would also get his pick in banging sorority sluts. Average to normal guys always got the small end of the stick
No actually popularity is sometimes in front of you at college with all the parties that occur

people think popularity doesnt exist in college? they will be horrified to know It exists outside of education/employement too and permeates into every day casual life....

humans arent excluded from primitive hierarchy JFL at normalshits arrogance

people think popularity doesnt exist in college? they will be horrified to know It exists outside of education/employement too and permeates into every day casual life....

humans arent excluded from primitive hierarchy JFL at normalshits arrogance
The idea that popularity ends after hs is a myth and cope

College is still full of popularity and shit

I was referring to universities being primarily institutions of research and learning rather than luxury brand extended stay hedonism resorts.

I was referring to universities being primarily institutions of research and learning rather than luxury brand extended stay hedonism resorts.
Colleges have been a popularity contest for decades