Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill You're way too fat if you can't do a pullup

KingOfRome

KingOfRome

Buff Auschwitz Escapee
-
There is no cope with this one. You don't have to have ever set foot in a gym at any time in your life to do one pullup. Even the weakest, scrawniest man can do at least one pullup if he's not fat. Even the average six-year-old boy can do one, if he's not fat. You could spend a decade starving and working to near-death in a Soviet gulag, and come out able to pull yourself up a bar from a dead hang at least once.

Only two explanations exist for you not being able to do one pullup, if that is the case for you. Either you don't know the proper form, which you can correct with fifteen seconds on Google, or you are a big fat fatty fatcel.

When I was in high school I could do only 3 pull-ups, now... I don't even know, doubt I could do one.

It's not cool to bodyshame bro.. :feelsbadman:

I'm fat because I'm LDARing and I don't care.

I rather be a builtfatcel with muscle than a lanket who looks like he can get destroyed by a midget foid.
Builtfats can do pullups. If you can't do any, you're not builtfat, you're just fat.

I'm pretty out of shape and weak as fuck. Fat stomach. Flabby arms. Most pull-ups I've done was about 17 only

LOL it doesn't work like that. Do you even gymcel? Lots of muscular guys can't do pullups.
Then they either don't know how or they've been completely ignoring back development. Assuming they're not fat.

Back when I was a skellington I couldn't even do one, it took like 2 weeks of doing negative pullups (jumping up and slowly straightening arms) before I could do it

I used to be 97 pounds and unable to do a pull-up.

Weighted pullups/chins crew

I’ve always struggled with those ngl

I want my dystrophy to go away
:feelsrope:

I remember reading something about the Art of Manliness, it require ability to swim 800m, hurdle over 3 feet, run a mile, faster than 7 minutes, climb a 8 or 10 foot fence etc .. those evasive skill will come in handy since everyone around you hate you and want you dead or locked up.

What a load of bs! :feelsseriously: This is the same kind of bs you sprouted when you made your bicep vein post where you claimed that being able to view veins on biceps and arms is associated with low body fat. That's not how it works. Being able to see veins is about genetics.

Now regarding pullups, you need to understand that the combined strength of lats, biceps, and abs have to exceed the total weight of the person. If a skinny lanklet with 5% bf doesn't posses the strength, he's not going to be able to pull himself up. Other guys on this thread are also confirming this. Being fat is only a small part of the equation. Its about muscle strength and non-fat body mass (skeleton + lean muscle mass).
The vast majority of untrained males have the strength to pull up 105% of their lean body mass at least once. That's maybe 100-120 lbs for a particularly scrawny man of average height. There are a lot of other things that can contribute to not being able to do a pullup, like not knowing how to get their lats, biceps, and abs to work in synchronization well enough to do it.

Jokes on you I'm so fat there is nothing in my house I can try a pull up on so obviously your conjecture is false.

I can do sets of 10 full range of motion chin-ups and I’m fat, about 20-25% bodyfat. It’s just that I train at home (Upper Body) every 48 hours, so my body has become accustomed to and strengthened n up despite carrying extra bodyfat.

I should really cut down to 10-12% for health reasons at least.

I’m 5’7 88kg. I need to be probably 68-72kg for my height to be 10-12%

There was a fat guy on my school who had to do push ups with his knees on the ground JFL. He wasnt even that fat

I can do sets of 10 full range of motion chin-ups and I’m fat, about 20-25% bodyfat. It’s just that I train at home (Upper Body) every 48 hours, so my body has become accustomed to and strengthened n up despite carrying extra bodyfat.

I should really cut down to 10-12% for health reasons at least.

I’m 5’7 88kg. I need to be probably 68-72kg for my height to be 10-12%
I'm not saying fat people can't do pull-ups. Just that if you can't, you're probably fat.

There was a fat guy on my school who had to do push ups with his knees on the ground JFL. He wasnt even that fat
Yeah that's bad.

Last edited:
This is usually true, but not always. If you're quite underweight you might lack the muscle strength necessary to do one, but otherwise I agree.
I want my dystrophy to go away
:feelsrope:
This as well. There are genetic conditions and injuries which can also prevent you from doing pullups.

However I'm barely active as I just LDAR most days, and I have a fucked up elbow, yet I can still do pullups. The only time I couldn't was when I was fat as a preteen and early teen. So yes OP, you're mostly right.

This is usually true, but not always. If you're quite underweight you might lack the muscle strength necessary to do one, but otherwise I agree.

This as well. There are genetic conditions and injuries which can also prevent you from doing pullups.

However I'm barely active as I just LDAR most days, and I have a fucked up elbow, yet I can still do pullups. The only time I couldn't was when I was fat as a preteen and early teen. So yes OP, you're mostly right.
The video seems to have been blasted off the internet, but this guy was able to do one pullup on camera.

AAuE7mBOv7mpwvTYyjJ1WI8Rs5vZzQUQBO7ixgM-qw=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

"TheSkinnyRawVegan" on Youtube.

Nah, I met quite a lot of weak dudes who couldn't do a single pullup while I was able to easily do at least one pullup at 250lbs.

Nah, I met quite a lot of weak dudes who couldn't do a single pullup while I was able to easily do at least one pullup at 250lbs.
If you're really weak, you don't have to be that fat to not do pullups. Being skinnyfat is enough.

no pulls ups for your face

In my senior year of high school gym class, I remember they were going down the list of people to do a pullup test, where everyone was watching. I had to go up to the gym helper and just tell him to put mine as zero, as I didn't want to be humiliated in front of the entire class for being too fat to do one pull up. But he understood and I avoided the public humiliation, I just dealt with inner humiliation. I wish I was thin.

LOL it doesn't work like that. Do you even gymcel? Lots of muscular guys can't do pullups with decent form. They barely squeeze in one or two by kipping.

Name one

I'm wearing pull ups!
Because I'm a big boy now!

I can
But just because I have strong arms
I'm still fat

most manlets here can probably do pull ups with just their index fingers

The video seems to have been blasted off the internet, but this guy was able to do one pullup on camera.

AAuE7mBOv7mpwvTYyjJ1WI8Rs5vZzQUQBO7ixgM-qw=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

"TheSkinnyRawVegan" on Youtube.

I wish I were that skinny so I could fastfoodmaxx for 3 months and come out looking normal.

I can do 5 chin ups but barely a single pull up.

pullups are all arm strength and good technique
i was underweight and couldnt do one
never was able to do one in my whole life

i remember my gym coach literally stunned when he saw i couldnt do one. this was back in early 2000s. he was a meathead jock that almost played for the nfl but got cut so started teaching middle school. big jock type guy. he would send me to the principal with a note because he thought i was joking or pretending to be a failure. he couldnt comprehend how somebody could be so weak. my mom had to come to get me at the principals office and explained im not going to detention because im not faking. im not athletic and my mom told the principal in front of me that ive always been really weak. so the principal told my coach and for the rest of the year he always looked at be in utter disappointment

kinda the same way my dad looks at me from time to time

I've been gymcelling for 2 years and probably can't even do 10 pull ups :feelshaha:

It’s totally over for many fatcels and just many men in general.

Not so fat, can do one. But blet, all ot this so demotivating, unfatten for what, for being alone , just not fat

i was able to do 2 or 3 a couple months ago

I can relate to this, the pull ups was the most difficult exercise for me to do when I started calisthenics 2 years ago. I took me about half of a year to accomplish one, after that it comes easy to increase your reps if you're disciplined with your training.

Tfw you are the only one in your family that can do muscle ups. :feelsautistic:

I can relate to this, the pull ups was the most difficult exercise for me to do when I started calisthenics 2 years ago. I took me about half of a year to accomplish one, after that it comes easy to increase your reps if you're disciplined with your training.

Tfw you are the only one in your family that can do muscle ups. :feelsautistic:
Same. It took me half a year of negatives to get to just one legit pullup. Now I can do 7 proper chin over the bar, no kipping and dead hang pullups in one set.

Back when I was a skellington I couldn't even do one, it took like 2 weeks of doing negative pullups (jumping up and slowly straightening arms) before I could do it

Same. It took me half a year of negatives to get to just one legit pullup. Now I can do 7 proper chin over the bar, no kipping and dead hang pullups in one set.
In my case I've done pull ups with assisted bands to help me achieve my first pull up.

In my case I've done pull ups with assisted bands to help me achieve my first pull up.
It was so disheartening reading all the comments on the internet how it only took people a few weeks of negatives for their first pullup. I can't believe I didn't give up after months of failure.
I feel like negatives did nothing for me. One day, almost overnight I could do one or two pullups. A few days later I could do 3 and so on.

Yeah same here during my worst LDAR periods, I was not even in that bad a shape as far as looking at my body from the outside.

Yeah. I used to gymcel, but once I realized that it wouldn't get me anywhere I just gave up on it. Now it's just LDAR.

It was so disheartening reading all the comments on the internet how it only took people a few weeks of negatives for their first pullup. I can't believe I didn't give up after months of failure.
I have the same feeling too, it's unfair. I think genetics matters in this too, for example I have very tiny hands, this difficulted for me to hold on to the bar for very long time when I started training. But in this case discipline can make you achieve goals, at least in calisthenics.

Fatcel = volcel you cant deny that
Being fat is the biggest looks killer if you're not quasimodo

Losing weight is fuckung easy as shit, you just need discipline to not eat like a fucking pig and work out every other day simple as that

Sure it takes a while, half a year, a year, two years depending on how fat you are but it's a change that affects your life in an insanely positive way
Not only are you more attractive, you've also built up healthy habits and are healthy in general, less prone to diseases and cardiovascular problems

Theres nothing holding you back to lose weight you fat fucking pigs, I've lost 20kg in 6 months, wouldve been more if I didn't quit halfway through and started again.