Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill You're way too fat if you can't do a pullup

Powerlifters
Yeah man not fat at all, look at those shreds mang lookin JOOCY

shirtless-2-massive-powerlifters.jpg

I have the same feeling too, it's unfair. I think genetics matters in this too, for example I have very tiny hands, this difficulted for me to hold on to the bar for very long time when I started training. But in this case discipline can make you achieve goals, at least in calisthenics.
I have very long arms for my height, but small hands. It's easier to do pullups with shorter hands because there's less range of motion.
It's definitely genetics. My back is also probably weak. I can do one hand pushups at 174lbs, but only 7 pullups.
When I was doing negative pullups half a year ago I could do assisted one arm pushups. My chest is much stronger than my back, always has been.

Yeah man not fat at all, look at those shreds mang lookin JOOCY

shirtless-2-massive-powerlifters.jpg
:feelskek:

I laugh at people who deny that "If too fat = Can't do a pullup"

Powerlifters lift a stupid amount of weight, but ask them to do pushups/chinups and they'll fail at 5.

Also ask them to cut and their maxes will plummet.

Only two explanations exist for you not being able to do one pullup, if that is the case for you. Either you don't know the proper form, which you can correct with fifteen seconds on Google, or you are a big fat fatty fatcel.
Yeah. Every time I go to the gym again I can pull down (chin-up form) 75 - 80 kg on the lat pull down 3x5. Can't do one proper dead hang pull up though cause I weight 90 kg+. 72 - 80 kg would be my lean weight. I'm a fat ass still. This time I have it figured out though and I will get lean.

I had a friend who was sedentary but lean so he was able to do 3.

Last edited:
If you can do 30 pull ups you're like in the top 10% for massive traps. My max is 20ish, I haven't been able to increase my numbers past that in like 5 years

I practised pullups for about 6 months and became able to do about 3. I gave up for lack of progress.
pullups are all arm strength and good technique
i was underweight and couldnt do one
never was able to do one in my whole life

i remember my gym coach literally stunned when he saw i couldnt do one. this was back in early 2000s. he was a meathead jock that almost played for the nfl but got cut so started teaching middle school. big jock type guy. he would send me to the principal with a note because he thought i was joking or pretending to be a failure. he couldnt comprehend how somebody could be so weak. my mom had to come to get me at the principals office and explained im not going to detention because im not faking. im not athletic and my mom told the principal in front of me that ive always been really weak. so the principal told my coach and for the rest of the year he always looked at be in utter disappointment

kinda the same way my dad looks at me from time to time
That's savage dude. People are such cunts. They just can't see things from another point of view.

If a powerlifter can't lift up 250lb+ worth of flesh then he has no business calling himself a powerlifter
Exactly.

So wait, you do 250 pound barbell rows for reps, but you can't pull your 220 pound body up even once? GTFO you fat delusional queer lol.

I'm so skinny I can't do a push-up