Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Zoom presentations where you're required to show your face should be considered discrimination

tehgymcel420

tehgymcel420

Fesikhcel From Zabbaleen
★★★★★
It's unfair that I have to display my hideous sand nigger face for all my class to laugh at.

just quit university boyo that's what i did.

Biden

Chad - "Just be confident and show your face, bro"

Why the fuck are you still studying at that age? should you have graduated years ago?
I'm a failure in every aspect of my life.

@SuperSaiyanGymcel

I'm a failure in every aspect of my life.
I feel you on that... Tbh idk what I would do if I had to show my subhuman sand nigger face on zoom

ive managed to avoid all presentations this year
:feelsNeo:

they may also be trying to get your biometrics by doing that.
make sure not to turn to the side too much during a zoom call and look straight forward.
they're probably not trying to get your biometrics, but they may be.
a company was sued for doing this not too long ago, if you search for it, you will find it.

My teacher forces me to do that once
I refused to open the camera

Glad I don't have to go through that shit

they may also be trying to get your biometrics by doing that.
make sure not to turn to the side too much during a zoom call and look straight forward.
they're probably not trying to get your biometrics, but they may be.
a company was sued for doing this not too long ago, if you search for it, you will find it.
They have articles on MIT Technology Review about how they turn on webcams without people's permission to scan their faces and categorize them into percentages of emotional categories (happy, sad, angry etc).

Imo it's too late to avoid getting your biometrics taken when this kind of technology is available.

They have articles on MIT Technology Review about how they turn on webcams without people's permission to scan their faces and categorize them into percentages of emotional categories (happy, sad, angry etc).

Imo it's too late to avoid getting your biometrics taken when this kind of technology is available.

It's illegal for them to do this in most states and they can be sued.
Plus, they need your side profiles to get full data on your face, rather than just a front view.

It's illegal for them to do this in most states and they can be sued.
That doesn't stop them though.
Plus, they need your side profiles to get full data on your face, rather than just a front view.
There's technology that can examine your gait, head movements and so on to fill in gaps so that even a front view can be used to reconstruct your side profile even if you do not show that part of your head.

That doesn't stop them though.

There's technology that can examine your gait, head movements and so on to fill in gaps so that even a front view can be used to reconstruct your side profile even if you do not show that part of your head.

Yes, but there are laws specifically in place to prevent this and companies can be punished legally for it if it's proved they did it.
But the full biometric scan that internet companies are requiring need both side profiles and your front profile to accurately face-recognize you from any angle.
You can fill in the gaps, but without those side profiles, it won't be fully accurate.
They already have my biometrics data but does it hurt to remind users here to be careful in these situations?

Yes, but there are laws specifically in place to prevent this and companies can be punished legally for it if it's proved they did it.
The laws only apply to the little people unfortunately.

But the full biometric scan that internet companies are requiring need both side profiles and your front profile to accurately face-recognize you from any angle.
You can fill in the gaps, but without those side profiles, it won't be fully accurate.
As people being arrested based on look alikes in booking photos has shown, even if the technology is not 100% foolproof and fraught with errors people will use it anyway arrogantly dismissing these issues in favor of gaining more power over others and more quickly forcing that technology into use.

They already have my biometrics data but does it hurt to remind users here to be careful in these situations?
No of course it doesn't hurt to remind people here to be guarded, but what I'm saying is that it is largely pointless because unless you have been ldaring and not going anywhere outside to shops, airports, train stations, restaurants etc within the last 15 years that biometric data of you as probably already been captured by numerous surveillance cameras, CCTV cameras and security scanners.

No of course it doesn't hurt to remind people here to be guarded, but what I'm saying is that it is largely pointless because unless you have been ldaring and not going anywhere outside to shops, airports, train stations, restaurants etc within the last 15 years that biometric data of you as probably already been captured by numerous surveillance cameras, CCTV cameras and security scanners.

What's easier? Cobbling together the biometrics data of an individual from hundreds of fuzzy images from CCTV cameras and gas station security cameras throughout the years when you don't know exactly who it is, or getting in on a Zoom call and taking your front image as well as your side profiles, which you conveniently provide by turning from side to side like you're taking a mugshot?

The Zoom call is also connected with your IP and your real name that your professor has.

I would exercise caution and not give them such an easy way to do this.

What's easier? Cobbling together the biometrics data of an individual from hundreds of fuzzy images from CCTV cameras and gas station security cameras throughout the years when you don't know exactly who it is, or getting in on a Zoom call and taking your front image as well as your side profiles, which you conveniently provide by turning from side to side like you're taking a mugshot?
It's been done before even with individual bits of information from many different sources. Look at articles on MIT technology review for evidence of this. Plenty of articles about technology developed to do just this.

The Zoom call is also connected with your IP and your real name that your professor has.
Of course you should be careful by unfortuately a lot of wageslaves have to use Zoom calls to communicate with their bosses and colleagues from long distance. Of course it still makes sense to request that you not show your face.

I would exercise caution and not give them such an easy way to do this.
Agreed but again all it takes is one easy way for them to do this or require or you to do this and it's a moot point.
Exercising caution is always good but we have to be realistic here. The fact that this kind of technology exists to remove all semblance of privacy means that at some point you are going to be exposed to it and information about you will be collected. There's no running from this system unless you ldar at home.

It’s a crime against subhumanity.

It's been done before even with individual bits of information from many different sources. Look at articles on MIT technology review for evidence of this. Plenty of articles about technology developed to do just this.

They don't have the incentive to do this for every person in the world. But if you make it easy for them, they'll take the data.

Of course you should be careful by unfortuately a lot of wageslaves have to use Zoom calls to communicate with their bosses and colleagues from long distance. Of course it still makes sense to request that you not show your face.

There are online workers who are quitting jobs over this invasion of privacy because employers are demanding biometric data for sinister purposes. Many "normal" people are concerned about this, and for good reason.
You know how some people use old cellphones because smartphones track your every movement? That will be rendered null if they have your biometrics and you will be tracked everywhere there is a security camera.
There is no guarantee that they have your biometrics now, but putting it out there needlessly on a Zoom call is being reckless.

Agreed but again all it takes is one easy way for them to do this or require or you to do this and it's a moot point.
Exercising caution is always good but we have to be realistic here. The fact that this kind of technology exists to remove all semblance of privacy means that at some point you are going to be exposed to it and information about you will be collected. There's no running from this system unless you ldar at home.

My argument is simply that you don't make it easy for them. If there's another way, take it, and watch what angles you give the camera. Make it as difficult as possible for them to get your data, so that you are not tracked everywhere you go. You wouldn't put your passwords and PIN numbers out there for everyone to see, right?

They don't have the incentive to do this for every person in the world. But if you make it easy for them, they'll take the data.
And I didn't argue with this. I'm just saying that as careful as you are all it takes is one careless slip up for them to get the data they need on you.

There are online workers who are quitting jobs over this invasion of privacy because employers are demanding biometric data for sinister purposes. Many "normal" people are concerned about this, and for good reason.
You know how some people use old cellphones because smartphones track your every movement? That will be rendered null if they have your biometrics and you will be tracked everywhere there is a security camera.
There is no guarantee that they have your biometrics now, but putting it out there needlessly on a Zoom call is being reckless.
Again I agree but it's not limited to Zoom calls. That doesn't mean you don't take precautions and try to guard your information as much as possible but the ship has already sailed on avoiding intrusive data collection of your personal information if you have been out in public places anytime within the last 15 to 20 years.

My argument is simply that you don't make it easy for them. If there's another way, take it, and watch what angles you give the camera. Make it as difficult as possible for them to get your data, so that you are not tracked everywhere you go. You wouldn't put your passwords and PIN numbers out there for everyone to see, right?
Sometimes doing this raises even more suspicion and exposes you to more surveillance. The people that put this technology in place are well aware people will try to evade capture of their data and try to work around this. They've already anticipated this kind of backlash before it crossed most people's minds in a serious way. Again precautions are always good but you have to consider that these are mostly just cosmetic measures in a world that is increasingly watched in every way.

And I didn't argue with this. I'm just saying that as careful as you are all it takes is one careless slip up for them to get the data they need on you.

That's what I thought. There's no need for argument here because we both agree it's bad. You say they already have all our data, but I don't think they do. Otherwise, they wouldn't be trying to gather biometrics only recently through brand-new companies that are popping up.

Again I agree but it's not limited to Zoom calls. That doesn't mean you don't take precautions and try to guard your information as much as possible but the ship has already sailed on avoiding intrusive data collection of your personal information if you have been out in public places anytime within the last 15 to 20 years.

I don't get this. How do these big companies have access to every CCTV and security camera in every place you've been publicly to get your biometrics? And how do they connect it to your name and address.
I can see a case being made that when you step into an airport and they scan your body, they are taking your biometrics, but even that's not for sure.
What is for sure is that there are biometrics gathering companies that work online, gathering information through Zoom calls to harvest biometrics data. As this is the only 100% known way they get your biometrics, it requires special caution when dealing with.

Sometimes doing this raises even more suspicion and exposes you to more surveillance. The people that put this technology in place are well aware people will try to evade capture of their data and try to work around this. They've already anticipated this kind of backlash before it crossed most people's minds in a serious way. Again precautions are always good but you have to consider that these are mostly just cosmetic measures in a world that is increasingly watched in every way.

I think in order to form a full profile, they also need your height and body form. That's quite a bit of work they have to gather information on each person in the world. Maybe there is the technology to do this or maybe not. And maybe it will be developed in a couple of years. But if it can be delayed by carefulness on your part, why not try to delay it. You never know when it might be helpful that you aren't tracked somewhere, even if you're not committing any crimes. It could save you a lot of trouble in many different situations during that interim.

That's what I thought. There's no need for argument here because we both agree it's bad. You say they already have all our data, but I don't think they do. Otherwise, they wouldn't be trying to gather biometrics only recently through brand-new companies that are popping up.
Yeah in a cynical way you could assume it's a type of rouse to get you to let your guard down. But you never know. A lot of technology that the military has is at least about 10 years ahead of current technological capabilities

I don't get this. How do these big companies have access to every CCTV and security camera in every place you've been publicly to get your biometrics? And how do they connect it to your name and address.
I can see a case being made that when you step into an airport and they scan your body, they are taking your biometrics, but even that's not for sure.
What is for sure is that there are biometrics gathering companies that work online, gathering information through Zoom calls to harvest biometrics data. As this is the only 100% known way they get your biometrics, it requires special caution when dealing with.
Think of how law enforcement has access to all this information through warrants that are easily approved by judges and how many seemingly different companies are owned by the same organizations. Through monopolies like Google and other Silicon Valley companies they can share this information from seemingly different sources and providers with other vendors and piece together the puzzle so to speak.

I think in order to form a full profile, they also need your height and body form. That's quite a bit of work they have to gather information on each person in the world. Maybe there is the technology to do this or maybe not. And maybe it will be developed in a couple of years. But if it can be delayed by carefulness on your part, why not try to delay it. You never know when it might be helpful that you aren't tracked somewhere, even if you're not committing any crimes. It could save you a lot of trouble in many different situations during that interim.
Again I agree but the people that make this technology are well aware of the evasive techniques some more wary people will employ to avoid being captured. They want to be one step ahead and unfortunately advancing technology gives them a means to do so in surreptitious ways.

Yeah in a cynical way you could assume it's a type of rouse to get you to let your guard down. But you never know. A lot of technology that the military has is at least about 10 years ahead of current technological capabilities

Think of how law enforcement has access to all this information through warrants that are easily approved by judges and how many seemingly different companies are owned by the same organizations. Through monopolies like Google and other Silicon Valley companies they can share this information from seemingly different sources and providers with other vendors and piece together the puzzle so to speak.

Again I agree but the people that make this technology are well aware of the evasive techniques some more wary people will employ to avoid being captured. They want to be one step ahead and unfortunately advancing technology gives them a means to do so in surreptitious ways.

There's no point to keep arguing about this because we basically agree: they are watching us and keeping track through many eyes in the sky and caution should be taken when giving out personal information and unchangeable facts about your face and body structure.
Their database will grow slowly, in my opinion, as the surveillance state fully manifests, but if they already have this data, then you being careful doesn't expend too much effort and is a prophylactic in the case that they do not have the data.