Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Forum generals, will China be able to successfully take Taiwan?

comradespiderman29

comradespiderman29

Admiral
★★★
Most channels say China is going to fail miserably. Especially, 'the infographics show'. What's your take?

@Biowaste Removal
@Cayden Zhang
@wereq

It will be easy if they take their time.
Tutorial difficulty if the USA doesn't intervene.

They can easily destroy the taiwanese airforce, and they can just bombard the west coast with rockets from the mainland. Idk if their artillery can shoot that far.

If they bombarded the island enough the landing shouldn't be too hard. Even if they can't supply their beachhead by sea once the rainy season starts they could supply them by air once they have air superiority.

There might be SOME guerilla in the mountains but that's pretty irrelevant.

It will be easy if they take their time.
Tutorial difficulty if the USA doesn't intervene.

They can easily destroy the taiwanese airforce, and they can just bombard the west coast with rockets from the mainland. Idk if their artillery can shoot that far.

If they bombarded the island enough the landing shouldn't be too hard. Even if they can't supply their beachhead by sea once the rainy season starts they could supply them by air once they have air superiority.

There might be SOME guerilla in the mountains but that's pretty irrelevant.
The US will intervene in some way. Taiwan is much more important then, Ukraine. It's china who has to make the difficult decision weather, or not to launch missiles at US bases.

China will not take Taiwan.

They are smart enough and especially value their money and international relations that they are not going to make the Russian mistake.

What they can do is finance pro-Chinese parties within Taiwan and over the decades they may mount a significant opposition that "forces intervention" in Taiwan. And yet, American work could suddenly counter this.

Taiwan is much more important then, Ukraine
But so is China. They would lose all trade with China and all the money that was invested there. And if there's a China-USA war, I'm assuming the korean war might resume on some scale.
I don't think Taiwan would be worth that much of an economic shock.

Overall I don't think China will invade for quite a while still, as they are very import-reliant and their imports usually come from the sea.
Maybe in a few years when their navy is at least equal to the US navy,

Also, China might not need to invade. I remember watching a documentary that mentioned a lot of taiwanese politicians are being bribed by the CCP, and the Kuomintang, the old anti-communist party, is quite CCP-friendly and is still the 2nd biggest party.

"Most channels" are selling you a story. The answer is, of course. The question should be, at what cost can they? Taiwan themselves will make it expensive for China, without any NATO intervention, and I don't mean only economically.

the infographics show
You'd be genuinely low iq if you hadn't figured out that show is bullshit propaganda that plagiarizes information from Wikipedia up til now

You'd be genuinely low iq if you hadn't figured out that show is bullshit propaganda that plagiarizes information from Wikipedia up til now
Yeah, I know. The only reason people watch them that channel is because, it's entertaining.

depends on russia ukraine war tbh, if they have example of success they might try it

Most channels say China is going to fail miserably. Especially, 'the infographics show'. What's your take?
Taiwan is very mountainous and overall is a very harsh environment. By the time china gets there, Taiwan will have already destroyed all the factories and resources that China wants

China has been saying an invasion is imminent for many many years. In fact they even tried invading Taiwan once many decades ago but failed miserably. They will keep running their mouths, but we all know they're not actually going to invade. It would take some kind of special circumstance for china to take advantage of, like if the USA was busy with a Civil War or something. Ironically like how Japan took much of China during their Civil War in the 1930s

The USA has done many war games on a Taiwanese invasion - a fast response from the US would always result in a USA victory, but a delayed response would give China a chance.

But still. Everything of value would have already been self sabatoged by the time China gets there

Invading an island is hard specially Taiwan which has been preparing for this possibility for decades. Also with US intelligence they would see them coming from miles and would be ready.

China would start a war just to eliminate its excess male population.

Chinese probably don't want to fight with the other Chinese. Majority of Taiwan's population are Han Chinese if I'm not mistaken.
So China will try to use other means. They probably see the war as the last resort.