Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Social standing and hobbies

decafincel

decafincel

Captain
★★★
I grew up in a very well off area of the US where almost everyone was in the top 25 of national Income average. With that comes the obvious social functions, quality schools, lots of outdoor activities, etc.

Anyways I'm saying this because I had a thought: Is it actually possible for a rich successful person or one of their kids to get into hobbies that are considered Non-nt? I've never seen someone from a well off stable family talk about playing Warhammer or Yu-Gi-Oh or even games like Battlefield 2042 for that matter. And don't get me started on anime...

Tldr: Is it even possible to have interest in Non-NT activities if you are successful

Gaming is a Normie/chad trait all the genuine upper class attractive people I knew rotted on their games at home. Same with low class thugmaxxing hoodrats

also JFL everyone watched the mainstream anime but being a weeb has been a more mainstream to be for the past 5 years

also JFL everyone watched the mainstream anime but being a weeb has been a more mainstream to be for the past 5 years
The only people who complain about gatekeeping are the people the gate was supposed to keep out, so you got there foids and normies crying and insulting for keeping them away

I grew up in a very well off area of the US where almost everyone was in the top 25 of national Income average.
Top 25 average income earners? They must all be billionaires then.

I've never seen someone from a well off stable family talk about playing Warhammer
This is overwhelmingly the case (miniature painter/wargamer). Regular people grew up playing sports, hunting, fishing, going for bike rides, with the occasional few hours of video games a week.
Extreme passion in things is a huge autistic trait, which is required when in niche hobbies. Spending a few hundred bucks minimum then spending dozens of hours meticulously building, cleaning up the models, priming, basecoating, washing, highlighting, basing, and then learning how to actually play is just not for the vast majority of people.

It's not always that though. A good portion of the people I interact with at my shops/events are dads with normal jobs, a wife(probably betabuxx tho, since most are soyboy types) and kids.
Henry Cavill obviously comes to mind to most.
Niche hobbies are becoming more normified by the day, allowing more "well off" people into it, but chad will obviously want nothing to do with it and go back to fucking stacies in his free time instead of playing with toy soldiers or card games or other "gay things"

Some richfags in these hobbies buy crazy expensive items so it can happen.

I was actually reading on TFW2005 and there was some guy who buys like 10 of every fanstoys release which are usually like $160 a piece.