Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Going back to the gym after taking some weeks off

screwthefbi

screwthefbi

Charles Manson
★★★★★
And I still feel dreaded to go back, I have never been dreaded go to the gym before in my life ever, I go to a personal trainer who I train 4 days a week with and shit I wished I can take a longer rest.

Why are you dreading it ?
Social anxiety because you didn't go for a while ? Or you just don't want to go lift ?

Why are you dreading it ?
Social anxiety because you didn't go for a while ? Or you just don't want to go lift ?
I havent been motivated to lift lately and I just felt like I dont want to do this shit anymore likely because my personal trainer overtrained the living fuck out of me by making me maxout every fucking week and I literally didnt even have time to prepare for a 1 rep max as I barely get off jiu jitsu and have 30 minutes to eat food.

I havent been motivated to lift lately and I just felt like I dont want to do this shit anymore likely because my personal trainer overtrained the living fuck out of me by making me maxout every fucking week and I literally didnt even have time to prepare for a 1 rep max as I barely get off jiu jitsu and have 30 minutes to eat food.
get rid of the personal trainer and work out alone at your own pace if he's pushing you too much
or tell him you want light workouts for now

I also haven't really been feeling like lifting for a while so I just do enough to maintain, and I do more cardio instead.

get rid of the personal trainer and work out alone at your own pace if he's pushing you too much
or tell him you want light workouts for now
Tried to tell him and he said "oh ok" pushed me even harder anyways with 5x5s on the same day of a 1 RM

I cant really get rid of him as my mom pays for my gym memberships

I cant really get rid of him as my mom pays for my gym memberships
Just tell him you want to work out alone at your own rate for a week or two.
If he's being paid either way I don't think he's going to care.

Just tell him you want to work out alone at your own rate for a week or two.
If he's being paid either way I don't think he's going to care.
I will see, knowing him he might end up saying no

I feel lost tons of strength too considering when I was first there I was trap bar deadlifting near 600 lbs but then rarely ever let me do a conventional barbell deadlift (before I went I never did trap bar or sumo) and modified forms of sumo deadlift to make it easy for "athletics" and now I struggle with 330 on trap bar

Last edited:
I was trap bar deadlifting near 600 lbs and now I struggle with 330 on trap bar
damn
I have pretty bad days too sometimes but losing 50% is crazy
Did you lose a lot of weight ?

damn
I have pretty bad days too sometimes but losing 50% is crazy
Did you lose a lot of weight ?
I gained weight but its probably mostly fat

I need at least 4 weeks off to confirm if its fat or muscle