Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Why I like Fans

78980n

78980n

★★★★★
I've always loved the look of fans, but there's a particular reason behind it. It's connected to this other habit of mine that I call string-shaking. I have this string that I shake, and it's hard to describe what the purpose of it is, but basically it helps me think through things or fantasize and imagine things. I grab the string with both hands and whip it around. I've this done ever since I could remember.

This is my current string since I have to get a new one periodically as my hands wear them so much until a part of the string breaks in off. Honestly I can't imagine living without a string, I have to shake a string, I feel empty if I don't shake it at the end if the day:

20190721 191537

I'm sure some other people do something like this.

Anyways, there are certain objects I look at while I shake my string. One if them are fans.

For some reason or another, I ended up attaching a certain fantasy to fans. When I shake my string looking at fans I think of:

The rise and fall of an authoritarian government, or a revolution, and the battling forces in that revolution, and the eventual triumph of the revolutionary forces. Next, the policies enacted by the new government, the battle against counter-revolutionaries, how other nations react to the revolution, the historical legacy of the event, its successes and failures, and finally, the future political movements that dress themselves in the ideals and aesthetics of that revolution. Sometimes I imagine this in context of an imaginary world I created or an actual historical event.

This is what I think of when I shake my string to a fan. Specifically, it is the blades of the fan I pay attention to.

This is the imagery I have whenever I see a fan. That's how I see them. So I like them.

I dreamed that fans were advanced beings like transformers, and they open up wormholes with thier blades

@Chris_Jones Do you wanna know....why I use a fan

So you have autism

My fan is running right now ironically.

So you have autism

I can interact with people for the most part, I can understand social cues. However this guy has Asperger's and he perfectly describes string-shaking:

It's an autistic trait for sure, but I don't think I have autism JFL.

I can interact with people for the most part, I can understand social cues. However this guy has Asperger's and he perfectly describes string-shaking:

It's an autistic trait for sure, but I don't think I have autism JFL.
I might try it out

Fans are useful in the summer

I also have it on every single night throughout the year as I can't sleep without some kind of noise.

Same, also I live in a rural area so on spring or summer nights I can open my window and you can hear the bugs and frogs making noises, it's really serene and helps you sleep.

Mines actually because my religious upbringing fucked me up and if I hear any noises in the house at night my brain assumes it must be demons in the house. I don't believe in them but the instilled paranoia is still there, so I have to keep a fan on to drown all other noises out

Possible life fuel for @First loss

My desk fan broke :cryfeels::cryfeels::cryfeels:
I need to get a new one
It's over for many

I have my fan on right now as we speak. I also have it on every single night throughout the year as I can't sleep without some kind of noise.
My room doesn't have windows, so I have to run it to prevent the room from getting too stuffy. The noise also hides the sound of me fapping :feelsthink:

Original cope. I remember as a kid talking loud at the fan when was turned on and my voice sounded like a robot.

@78980n

1. You must have some weird fetishes JFL, that's some really specific and peculiar stuff, for me I don't actually need a string to do what you are talking about, that shit happens to me by day dreaming, I just zone out and that shit happens, or I can do it on purpose by staring at a blank wall or landscape with no people walking by

2. Its your username the model number of your favourite fan?

1. You must have some weird fetishes JFL, that's some really specific and peculiar stuff, for me I don't actually need a string to do what you are talking about, that shit happens to me by day dreaming, I just zone out and that shit happens, or I can do it on purpose by staring at a blank wall or landscape with no people walking by

I wish I could do this. When I was a teenager I went on a trip to Florida for a couple weeks and I didn't bring my string. After a week, I had to find a pencil to shake as a substitute because it was really bothering me, I then found some rope thing that I used for the last 3 days of the trip, it was so satisfying.

2. Its your username the model number of your favourite fan?

JFL unfortunately not, that's a good idea, I would of done that if I had the idea. It was a random creation.

It's gonna be very hot where i live tomorrow, so i could need a good fan, any recommendations?

I wish I had a fan right now.

Oh ok thanks for the enlightenment

String theory is legit!

I too like fans! My desk fan is USB powered at .5aH (2.5w@110ac)

My box fans pull >50w @ 110ac.

I require a fan because it's humid and stuffy without it. Although I would prefer silence. At least my dog and various alarm thingys will wake me up if the need arises.

I've always loved the look of fans, but there's a particular reason behind it. It's connected to this other habit of mine that I call string-shaking. I have this string that I shake, and it's hard to describe what the purpose of it is, but basically it helps me think through things or fantasize and imagine things. I grab the string with both hands and whip it around. I've this done ever since I could remember.

This is my current string since I have to get a new one periodically as my hands wear them so much until a part of the string breaks in off. Honestly I can't imagine living without a string, I have to shake a string, I feel empty if I don't shake it at the end if the day:

View attachment 133099

I'm sure some other people do something like this.

Anyways, there are certain objects I look at while I shake my string. One if them are fans.

For some reason or another, I ended up attaching a certain fantasy to fans. When I shake my string looking at fans I think of:

The rise and fall of an authoritarian government, or a revolution, and the battling forces in that revolution, and the eventual triumph of the revolutionary forces. Next, the policies enacted by the new government, the battle against counter-revolutionaries, how other nations react to the revolution, the historical legacy of the event, its successes and failures, and finally, the future political movements that dress themselves in the ideals and aesthetics of that revolution. Sometimes I imagine this in context of an imaginary world I created or an actual historical event.

This is what I think of when I shake my string to a fan. Specifically, it is the blades of the fan I pay attention to.

This is the imagery I have whenever I see a fan. That's how I see them. So I like them.

this is typical autism stimming, you don't need to be a hardcore damaged autist to do it, just a little bit off, normies don't really do it tho.

i also do it when thinking of creative stuff lol, this is really interesting how much we have in common, i just use something like a pen though, which is more common, never heard of the string before. try a pen you have way more control over it and you can do it while actually focused on work.

being obsessed with wheels is also common. i think it was more popular before to be fascinated with machines, wheels, locomotives and trains etc. but again modern normies are socialized to immediately call out anyone who's not part of the herd and shit all over him with "jokes", so that became unpopular real quick.

i get really dizzy looking at ceiling fans