Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious [serious] can ndcels relate to not feeling love or attachment towards anyone or anything in your life?

benzocel

benzocel

Veteran
★★★
is there anyone else who is like this?

it is completely impossible for me to feel love towards my parents or my grandparents

my dad is a fucking shithead so no shit i dont love him but my mother has always been uber kind and never wronged me and my grandparents on both sides have also always been extremely kind and caring

but i dont feel any love for any of them and this is how its been like since i was a fucking kid

i feel like i exist in some chamber inside my head and everything that exists in this world and people feel so fucking.. virtual and unreal. its like everytime im interacting with someone or talking with them im sitting in my head and just watching things happen. i dont feel like i exist out there.

i do feel protective of my mother though. and i can sympathise with her when she cries or some shit. but i dont feel any love towards anyone or anything.

i have a cat also and while i have always treated him kindly i have no attachment whatsoever towards him. i dont feel things. i dont feel attachment towards my parents or other people in my life either.

is this an autism thing or an abuse thing? i was abused as a kid and been suicidal since i was 9-10. could it be because of that?

Not at all. I've suspected for many years that I am neurodivergent (ND), and it may very well be autism based on a variety of symptoms, but that has not changed anything about how I feel towards others.

I do believe and feel emotion and love. Towards family members, towards friends, towards pets, towards things even. I do have attachments and attractions to things as well. I also feel a lot of guilt over wrongdoing and grief when losing something. I also feel empathy or sympathy I would say, at least when I can recognize it.

If anything, besides probably hindering my facial recognition and social skills, I would say that my ND-ness has made me more emotional than not. Which may even be a weakness, from my own consideration.

Lack of oxytocin. Lack of empathy. You would make the perfect killing machine.

Also sounds like symptoms of depersinalization. Maybe your tempo-parietal juncture is all messed up. You might also want to take a psychopathy test.
Maybe try ectsasy and see if it makes you a "loving person."
I'm no doctor. Im just posting a bunch of nonsense speculation

I have the opposite problem. I'm TOO loving, TOO caring. My mom hates when I kiss her on the cheek before she goes to work.

I feel like I can only feel vivid sense of love when I am on LSD. I always feel pretty bad for living like I do when I take acid. I always make some kind of promise that I am going to treat people nicer and help people more but then I wake up the next day as the same old me.

I feel like I can only feel vivid sense of love when I am on LSD. I always feel pretty bad for living like I do when I take acid. I always make some kind of promise that I am going to treat people nicer and help people more but then I wake up the next day as the same old me.
bro fucking same but when im on opiates. not a vivid sense of love but i tend to be more empathetic and feel some sense of attachment towrads people

i'm kind of like that but i think i'm NT. i wasn't hugged at all as a kid and "I love you" wasn't part of my vocabulary because i've never learned it. never had any sort of encouragement or emotional support either.

it is completely impossible for me to feel love towards my parents or my grandparents

my dad is a fucking shithead so no shit i dont love him but my mother has always been uber kind and never wronged me and my grandparents on both sides have also always been extremely kind and caring

but i dont feel any love for any of them and this is how its been like since i was a fucking kid

i feel like i exist in some chamber inside my head and everything that exists in this world and people feel so fucking.. virtual and unreal. its like everytime im interacting with someone or talking with them im sitting in my head and just watching things happen. i dont feel like i exist out there.

i do feel protective of my mother though. and i can sympathise with her when she cries or some shit. but i dont feel any love towards anyone or anything.

i have a cat also and while i have always treated him kindly i have no attachment whatsoever towards him. i dont feel things. i dont feel attachment towards my parents or other people in my life either.

is this an autism thing or an abuse thing? i was abused as a kid and been suicidal since i was 9-10. could it be because of that?
Maybe its because you have been hurt so often in your past that your mind adapted in that way that you dont feel attached or feel love for anyone so you wont get hurt again

I stopped loving my parents a few years ago because i realised they never cared or loved me for who i am, they just loved me for what i could provide im terms of success and social status. I am able to love someone but nobody is able to love me because i am a non NT manlet

If nobody is entitled to love like bluepilled soys say, that means by extension nobody is entitled to my love too.

Im similar but I dont think Im as unfeeling as you are
it’s probably something to do with being abused
Maybe because we don't want to be hurt again so we try to shut ourselves off from feeling

I do love them because they are my family and I would obviously feel sad if they died more so my mum then my dad because my dad caused alot of problems in my life
but I dont really care if they are sad or anything like that unless it affects me

I don’t know why this is because I feel like I am an empathetic person but I only really feel empathetic to people I relate to

I have cats too I would say I love them
I’ve had since I was young but I feel like if they died I would mostly be sad because Im so used to them being in my house constantly so It would just feel wrong without them being there

It sounds like you might have derealisation judging by what you said about everything being unreal

I have the same thing and its a very strange feeling

Yeah, with my family, cant feel much love or attachment for them in general. (If they die im mostly worried about livelihood and tuition.)

I stopped loving my parents a few years ago because i realised they never cared or loved me for who i am, they just loved me for what i could provide im terms of success and social status. I am able to love someone but nobody is able to love me because i am a non NT manlet
same predicament.