Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory 80% of us would not be incel if online dating was never invented

Ellsworth

Ellsworth

Chad but they let me post here anyway
★★★★★
I believe this to be mostly true. Before online dating the avg foid understood her worth because she was only hit on or asked out a few times a year. Now that she has thousands of dudes inflating her ego online her smv has increased 9000%. It’s over.

Dating apps and social media changed everything.

before it was actually viable to go for fat women, ugly women, nerdy women etc
AND THEN THE (((FIRE))) NATION ATTACKED

At the very least we would have the option to betabux but we don’t even have that anymore. Gone are the days when men feared of turning into Al Bundy. Now men fear dying alone

Not even online dating
I think it has more to do with social media/delocalization
Foids and normies should not have access to technology
Lookism has always been around but it's been getting really fucking bad since normies and Foids learned to use technology

Imagine a foid being limited to knowing a handful of people irl while having limited knowledge on the greater world.
Now imaging the same one posting herself on social media and getting people from everywhere showering her with validation.

But wait there's more
Imagine every normshit and foid from every continent doing the same shit.

Even if a foid herself isn't getting a shitton of validation on social media she will still be able to see how other foids are. This causes their egos to inflate and sucks them into the hive mind. Not to mention all the superficial shit the hivemind tries to push onto people.

The hivemind has already been established and foids and normshits have no reason not to utilize it. Unless a norm or foid has been living in a remote village their whole lives they're probably already jacked into the hivemind.

Last edited:
And Radio Shack would still be around if Amazon and Best Buy didn't exist. We got btfod by competition like all inferior organisms tend to. It's the natural state of things even if it was brought about by something artificial like online dating.

This is true, the more options you have the more selective you become.

As someone who started dating before online dating existed, I think you discount the nature of women.

Sure it is easier now, but then women were just as hypergamous. Online dating just revealed what was happening.

Before people would tell you're crazy if you said women only wanted chad. There was no evidence.

I sat there and counted who was dating and who wasn't in the early 90s. and I came up with 80-20, well before I had read it anywhere else. It sat before me in my homeroom.

No doubt. Things were gradually getting worse, but dating apps swiftly sealed the fate for average dudes almost overnight.

I wouldn't be surprised if ~10% of us Zoomers end up married.

As someone who started dating before online dating existed, I think you discount the nature of women.

Sure it is easier now, but then women were just as hypergamous. Online dating just revealed what was happening.

Before people would tell you're crazy if you said women only wanted chad. There was no evidence.

I sat there and counted who was dating and who wasn't in the early 90s. and I came up with 80-20, well before I had read it anywhere else. It sat before me in my homeroom.
Yes, women were always hypergamous, but online dating making it so easy for them definitely changed things. The numbers suggest it's something like 50-60% instead of 80% as OP said. Still huge

Imrs

Legit I am better looking than my dad and he was slaying at 16
Hypergamy + OLD has changed the landscape into a “chad takes all” market

Women are naturally hypergamous and, equally, are incredibly selective, to begin with. So, there will always be a subset of the male population that will be incel no matter what the situation may be.
Considering that, I find it incredibly hard to believe that 80% of us "wouldn't be incel" just because of fucking dating apps. Moreover, I hate this "oh, if I were only born before technology"—bullshit.

We basically coded our own demise.

I think you're largely correct. Hypergamy has accelerated so greatly that many posters here would not have ended up incel were they born a mere 10-20 years earlier.

If that was really the case oldcels like you would have ascended before tinder.
Not necessarily. I could be one of the 20%

It’s actually specifically social media. Dating apps was the cherry on top.

over before we were even born

Not even online dating
I think it has more to do with social media/delocalization
Foids and normies should not have access to technology
Lookism has always been around but it's been getting really fucking bad since normies and Foids learned to use technology

Imagine a foid being limited to knowing a handful of people irl while having limited knowledge on the greater world.
Now imaging the same one posting herself on social media and getting people from everywhere showering her with validation.

But wait there's more
Imagine every normshit and foid from every continent doing the same shit.

Even if a foid herself isn't getting a shitton of validation on social media she will still be able to see how other foids are. This causes their egos to inflate and sucks them into the hive mind. Not to mention all the superficial shit the hivemind tries to push onto people.

The hivemind has already been established and foids and normshits have no reason not to utilize it. Unless a norm or foid has been living in a remote village their whole lives they're probably already jacked into the hivemind.
This tbh. It's in their nature, but the internet did make things a lot worse.

one of the very big factors ngl