Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Afraid to start watching anime.

Looksmaxxcel

Looksmaxxcel

Captain
I want to start watching anime, admittedly ones with cute girls doing cute things, but I'm afraid I'll want to rope because I'll be exposed to an ideal world that will never exist. And the fact that such a wonderful world won't and can't exist will weigh on me so much, that I'll lose my will to live completely.

Is this a valid concern, or is it stupid? Anime sounds like a nice cope, but it seems like anything that portrays an ideal world just makes me depressed and sad afterwards. I guess that's why I'm more drawn to things that portray a hellish world, because I feel like I was made to thrive in that.

Idk man I don’t watch much anime

I want to start watching anime, admittedly ones with cute girls doing cute things, but I'm afraid I'll want to rope because I'll be exposed to an ideal world that will never exist. And the fact that such a wonderful world won't and can't exist will weigh on me so much, that I'll lose my will to live completely.

Is this a valid concern, or is it stupid? Anime sounds like a nice cope, but it seems like anything that portrays an ideal world just makes me depressed and sad afterwards. I guess that's why I'm more drawn to things that portray a hellish world, because I feel like I was made to thrive in that.
Its good entertainment, and yes what you described happens but I don't care about living anymore so who cares.

I couldn’t get past 2 minutes

Tbh anime helps me cope, but I would worry too much about what exists in the "real world". Nobody can invalidate my own experiences of life, and the experiences I have entirely in my own head are real to me, then nobody can really tell me that they're not. Much less something that other people can actually observe themselves.

Or at least that's how I see it anyway, but then again I rarely leave my house. It could be that anime, among other things, might make you less tolerant of everyday life. However if life wasn't already so shit to begin with, then I suppose we wouldn't turn to this stuff in the first place.

Anime is for gays

Its good entertainment, and yes what you described happens but I don't care about living anymore so who cares.
I watched one and it felt like I was launched through a rollercoaster of emotions, and I was an unwitting bystander. Actually, it almost felt like I was a character that was actually there, but was never acknowledged.

But fuck it, maybe I'll give it a shot. Maybe it's a good cope. I mean, I don't have anything to lose either, but I've got to expand my horizons I suppose.

Tbh anime helps me cope, but I would worry too much about what exists in the "real world". Nobody can invalidate my own experiences of life, and the experiences I have entirely in my own head are real to me, then nobody can really tell me that they're not. Much less something that other people can actually observe themselves.

Or at least that's how I see it anyway, but then again I rarely leave my house. It could be that anime, among other things, might make you less tolerant of everyday life. However if life wasn't already so shit to begin with, then I suppose we wouldn't turn to this stuff in the first place.
I'm far too disillusioned to even enjoy daydreaming, sadly. Everytime I try to think about something pleasant, I get reminded of reality, and then my mental wellbeing deteriorates even further. Then the paradise that I envisioned turns into hell, and I'll begin to think violent thoughts instead.

I want to give it a try though, I'm just not sure if I should. Anything that depicts a happy, carefree life really fucks me up and gets me upset.

There is no toe dipping. You're either all-in or you watch none. You've been warned.

don't watch moe shit. pull up some classic gundam or something

I don't watch anime with foids in it tbhl

This. I don't give a shit about the 'real world' since it's all doomed filth and trash anyway. I like watching anime since I get to immerse myself and pretend that I'm in their environment - one worth living in and enjoying.

It's just a cope.

Just try it out and see I guess

why do you want to start with the shittiest kind of anime?

Start with older animes from the 80s/90s. They're more incel-friendly because they usually tend to focus more on giant robots and clinical depression. Animes from the 00s and 10s do make me want to rope sometimes tbh because so much of it is about happy teenagers experiencing first love and living a lifestyle I have already missed out on a long time ago.

Nice thread and I've bookmarked this.

So as well as "the AVATAR effect (2009)" we now have "the Anime effect" (2020) where returning to the real world after living in "Pandora Utopia heaven" (or our Waifu anime heaven) we fall into depression afterwards.

The strong emotions are called "super normal stimulus". Or as someone corrected me looking at cute anime 2D women (and situational scenarios) > 3D women and drama.
Supernormal stimulus is our anime equivalent of the pandora effect, makes sense?

Regarding the snapback into violent feelings of hopelessness and destructive thoughts after a heightened Libido...........ugh I hate to say it but you know psycho analyst Sigmund Freud called this the "death drive"
"In classical Freudian psychoanalytic theory, the death drive (German: Todestrieb) is the drive toward death and destruction, often expressed through behaviors such as aggression, repetition compulsion, and self-destructiveness".

So so much for liberals saying this is "incel ideology" when Freud (a Liberal who books were burned by the Nazis) would've agreed with out feeling of inadequacy after experience Libido.
"Libido (sex drive) is a person's overall sexual drive or desire for sexual activity".

Regarding my earliest memory of flip flopping between feeling libido with feelings of a death drive I recall my earliest anime memories. I used to buy Rumiko Takahashi OAVs which were the earliest harem/moe animes before they were even a thing. I'd live vicariously through the chadlite main character as he had to chose between two women, usually sweetheart Heroine and a Yandere.
Afterwards I'd feel inadequate like "why can't I date" or "why haven't I got two women, sometimes fighting to the near death, over me?".

So then my optimistic Utopia (love) would turn to a pessimistic Dystopia (hate) of war and destruction.

In fact fuck it here is the suicidefuel (and tragic) Rumiko Takashi OAV I watched.

Then I'd unwind to some mecha war movie like TERMINATOR or Gunhed.

Last edited:
They're designed to disappoint you. That's why I at a young adult age, it's best to avoid this and move on to a better life. It's like Drugs and alcohol.

Start with older animes from the 80s/90s. They're more incel-friendly because they usually tend to focus more on giant robots and clinical depression. Animes from the 00s and 10s do make me want to rope sometimes tbh because so much of it is about happy teenagers experiencing first love and living a lifestyle I have already missed out on a long time ago.

Another "no-one ever gets over teen love" pill right there. That said its enchanting seeing teen anime caricature of loved up teenagers, as much as its titillating too. As op said you feel part of the world while watching.

Regarding classic robot anime they have tons of foids in them. Macross, Dangioah, Gundam, Gunbuster, Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Anime is for gays

No it isn't.

Last edited:
Nice thread and I've bookmarked this.

So as well as "the AVATAR effect (2009)" we now have "the Anime effect" (2020) where returning to the real world after living in "Pandora Utopia heaven" (or our Waifu anime heaven) we fall into depression afterwards.

The strong emotions are called "super normal stimulus". Or as someone corrected me looking at cute anime 2D women (and situational scenarios) > 3D women and drama.
Very interesting Thread and elaboration.

Don't forget Middle Earth. (30yo boomer checking in)

Only watched a few classic movies: Spirited away, Castle in the Sky, The Cat Returns, My nigger Totoro, that with the japanese coondogs, Princess Mononoke, that one with the biker gang I don't remember. That was already to much. This otherworldly magic is just to much for my little incel heart. :feelscry:
Idk it's a weird blend of themes. Either 80s (retrofuturist) nostalgia or almost european fairytale like. Always some dreamy weird rural sleepy place. Urbanite weird non classic fantasy. Idk. Doesn't help these movies are always very original unique one offs. Forcing my mind to draw parallels to our miraculous yet totally terrible sad lifes (even for non incels) and concepts like mono no aware or german romanticism in art and literature. It als feels so totally non commercial and not in your face XY trope style with messages you usally don't really see in western media due to being deemed to anticapitalist etc. .

There are really just two places with this magic in the real world left for me japan and the rural US. It feels so far but so close to my heart. Very unique places, also with lots of wasted potential.

Last edited:
Very interesting Thread and elaboration.

Don't forget Middle Earth. (30yo boomer checking in).

Never got into Fantasy films, board games, card trading or Role-Playing- as well as said films, books, animations and videogame extended universes. Although I am very familiar with it, as I used to restock the energy drinks cabinet at a local gaming club on my delivery job runs.

I do know J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth world building is the concept of, what would become to be known as, "artificial history of fantasy Pangean Continents". Rather than in reference to the concept of the real life prehistoric supercontinent of Pangea.
Although this is moreso for Robert E Howards Conan the Barbarian (a titillating and controversal pulp comic) who pipped The Hobbit to the post despite the latter being more successful in terms of literature, book popularity and educational application overall.

If you want to explore influences for Middle Earth you'd have to visit the United Kingdom Worcester to Oxfordshire among other places.
Then New Zealand, although I think the locations in Middle Earth are morseo Global references. A lot of Tolkein was digital matte artists, minatures and soundstage stuff.
What I am saying is if you want to explore the IRL influences on Tolkien they are there. Albeit the horrors of Tolkein serving in World War 1 also inspired Lord of the Rings.

Regarding Japan's supposed historical, and magical aspect, caveat emptor and subscribe to incel.co's very own higgscel's posts as a white piggo go home Gaijin expat in Japan.
Even as a weeb in my youth I was taken aback by how concrete and industrialised Japan looked in late 1980s and early to mid 1990s Japanese Godzilla movies. Fast forward to 2020 and I scoped Japan on google streetview which inspired this pessimistic thread.

Yeah it looks clean, but far from magical. The cherry picking you see on NHK World News or Japan Endless Discovery are heritage sites, while everyone else is corralled into filing cabinets and micro apartments and work high stress jobs.

TL-DR I see you are a man of culture and mono no aware (nothing last forever) mindset. You think this scene from Blade Runner counts as mono no aware?

Last edited:
Anime is a good cope. K-on is a good cute girls going cute things anime

Anime is a good cope. K-on is a good cute girls going cute things anime
Looks like a good anime, think I'll check it out.

go down the rabbit hole with us
lolis of culture
lolis are perfection
Okay, I'll bite.
What would you recommend?

Yeah, I'll definitely be checking out the older stuff then. Thank you.

if you already know it's all delusional bs then it's fine. The worse part of it is growing up watching these and truly believing this is real and someday you'll be able to have a similar experience, just to be confronted by the harsh reality.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fyO2yAUlTs

depends if its better or worse than your current copes

Okay, I'll bite.
What would you recommend?
One of the more wholesome loli anime is Strawberry Marshmallow
For daddy/daughter feels Usagi Drop
For sexual humor Mitsudomoe is good
For erotica nothing beats shoujo ramune

But I linked the YouTube so you could browse to see what fits your style and maybe if you want to find more current loli anime. I never got into it but for loli vampires people love the monogatari series as a whole Index

It's not a perfect world cause it's boring (99,9% of CGDCT anime).

I'll offer aid now: