Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Any chesscels here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12355
  • Start date
I just played a game and I was so bad that the guy forfeited.

its decent to play with my friend once in awhile

I played a fellow incel rated 2300 and we were more even than you and I ever could be. He won 3-1 in blitz, but the games were intense. Also, no one plays rapid online.
you are an idiot, this is why you hang queens and make bad positional play.

the whole point in playing rapid play is to analyze and think and improve your position.

if you didnt remember i play it for tournament play. tournament play is literally 2 hours.

you are an idiot, this is why you hang queens and make bad positional play.

the whole point in playing rapid play is to analyze and think and improve your position.

if you didnt remember i play it for tournament play. tournament play is literally 2 hours.
I've played in tournaments too, fam
15-2 me

I've played in tournaments too, fam
15-2 me
we are not talking about our match we are talking about tournament plays. this is how i improved my game

2018 09 28 072635

so yea i know what im talking about

we are not talking about our match we are talking about tournament plays. this is how i improved my game

View attachment 46523

so yea i know what im talking about
Dude I literally left my provisional with a rating of 1700 FIDE, which is about 1800 Uscf. And I started playing in 2016, JFL

It's over for catfishman

Dude I literally left my provisional with a rating of 1700 FIDE, which is about 1800 Uscf. And I started playing in 2016, JFL

It's over for catfishman
well i play on and off i literally took breaks i dont play in consistent tournaments.

It's over for catfishman
Kek bro. What did you do to improve at chess? I am a newbie.

well i play on and off i literally took breaks i dont play in consistent tournaments.
Neither do I, fam. I'm just out of my provisionals. I'm sure I could break a rating of at least 1900 FIDE if I played in regular tournaments

the reason whyi dont play in open rated tournaments, because im not there to lose but to win, so i take baby steps and play within my level of play

Yeah apart from that, did you read anything related to chess?
Nope. I used tactics trainer
the reason whyi dont play in open rated tournaments, because im not there to lose but to win, so i take baby steps and play within my level of play
Just stop writing on this thread. It's embarrassing

So tactics and plenty of games to improve, right?
Are lichess tactics puzzles any good?
tactics are half of chess you literally have to know the endgame and middle game and have a plan.

So tactics and plenty of games to improve, right?
Are lichess tactics puzzles any good?
Sure, anything works. Also, try to see the entire combination in your head before moving any piece, as opposed to moving the piece you intuitively believe should be moved and going from there
tactics are half of chess you literally have to know the endgame and middle game and have a plan.
Don't listen to catfishman, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Chess is 95% tactics on the lower levels

Sure, anything works. Also, try to see the entire combination in your head before moving any piece, as opposed to moving the piece you intuitively believe should be moved and going from there

Don't listen to catfishman, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Chess is 95% tactics on the lower levels
ok, whatever you say, why do you think grandmasters advise using plans?

I never learned how to play chess

I really need to learn strategy tbh. I can spot winning combinations very well in puzzles but I cant formulate a decent strategy when playing.

I really need to learn strategy tbh. I can spot winning combinations very well in puzzles but I cant formulate a decent strategy when playing.
most of the time if you have good endgame play then you will win based on your pawn structures.

ok, whatever you say, why do you think grandmasters advise using plans?

That's because he's trying to make chess appealable to normies. Saying that it's all tactics take some of the charm away. On the top level, finding a plan is important, but when I played you I just moved whatever I felt like was setting you up for a trap, and it worked. If I had played a better player, more careful consideration would've gone into planning

That's because he's trying to make chess appealable to normies. Saying that it's all tactics take some of the charm away. On the top level, finding a plan is important, but when I played you I just moved whatever I felt like was setting you up for a trap, and it worked. If I had played a better player, more careful consideration would've gone into planning
didnt you watch the video what he said about endgame play???

how in the fuck you think magnus carlsen is the best????

because he studied endgame pattern recognition

didnt you watch the video what he said about endgame play???

how in the fuck you think magnus carlsen is the best????

because he studied endgame pattern recognition
Eh, studying the endgame is important if you're good. Put it this way, tactics is the easiest way by far to become good at chess. Unless you're not completely tacticsmaxxed (have a tactics rating of 2400 or above) then studying these other components are very insignificant in comparison

Eh, studying the endgame is important if you're good. Put it this way, tactics is the easiest way by far to become good at chess. Unless you're not completely tacticsmaxxed (have a tactics rating of 2400 or above) then studying these other components are very insignificant in comparison
yea most of the times if you get into a positionally win position, tactics are thrown out the window , and your odds are winning based on the endgame and pawn structure.

yea most of the times if you get into a positionally win position, tactics are thrown out the window , and your odds are winning based on the endgame and pawn structure.
stop arguing

jfl @ you thinking you are some god gifted grandmaster but only a 1900 rated fide player

btw this kid is better than you and is a 10 year old grandmaster

let that sink in.

jfl @ you thinking you are some god gifted grandmaster but only a 1900 rated fide player

btw this kid is better than you and is a 10 year old grandmaster

let that sink in.

I don't think of myself as anything special. I have acheived a high rating online, which I'm relatively proud of. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm still in the learning phase

I don't think of myself as anything special. I have acheived a high rating online, which I'm relatively proud of. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm still in the learning phase
well obviously your cocky, btw i barely started playing chess again, i took a year and a half break. So yea you mightve bested me, but im still getting back into the game.

jfl @ you for beating someone who hasnt played in almost 2 years

well obviously your cocky, btw i barely started playing chess again, i took a year and a half break. So yea you mightve bested me, but im still getting back into the game.

jfl @ you for beating someone who hasnt played in almost 2 years
If someone who's better than me at chess tells me something I previously hadn't considered, I don't argue back because I know my place of inferiority, so should you. You'd be hardpressed to find grandmasters who disagree that the best way of learning the game as a beginner is through tactics.

If someone who's better than me at chess tells me something I previously hadn't considered, I don't argue back because I know my place of inferiority, so should you. You'd be hardpressed to find grandmasters who disagrees that the best way of learning the game as a beginner is through tactics.
so basically if someone was new and advised them, its 90% tactics. do you think they will have any clue what you are talking about? so they take your advice and still lose most of their games.

do you honestly believe that advice even helped them improve?

obviously not, because they are not improving their games.

so basically if someone was new and advised them, its 90% tactics. do you think they will have any clue what you are talking about? so they take your advice and still lose most of their games.

do you honestly believe that advice even helped them improve?

obviously not, because they are not improving their games.
They obviously have to play chess too. Merely solving tactical puzzles wont take them very far, but getting a feel for the game, in terms of finding moves that intuitively make sense, is very different from studying various openings, or even the end game. Aside from just playing the game, which I thought was a given, devoting all spare attention to tactics is the best way to improve 100% unless you're tacticsmaxxed

They obviously have to play chess too. Merely solving tactical puzzles wont take them very far, but getting a feel for the game, in terms of finding moves that intuitively make sense, is very different from studying various openings, or even the end game. Aside from just playing the game, which I thought was a given, devoting all spare attention to tactics is the best way to improve 100% unless you're tacticsmaxxed
yea play chess, but also take into consideration of other things. trust me i used to pay for chess coaches and bought chess programs, most of the times those coaches literally have said. the best way to improve your game is to analyze your games and trying to figure out plans.

I play chess a bit, it's a good distraction...

Will try to reach 2500 rating in tactics puzzles, before learning strategy. 2100 right now.

Will try to reach 2500 rating in tactics puzzles, before learning strategy. 2100 right now.
The point is to always see every given position of the chess board as a tactical puzzle to be solved, and if you can't find any set of combinations which will favor you, you try to set up conditions under which you will be favored eventually. So always think deep. Except for in the opening

I like to watch my friend's son play. I thought I was good until he kept beating me. When I visit my family, I like to take him to the park and bet on him in chess.

The point is to always see every given position of the chess board as a tactical puzzle to be solved, and if you can't find any set of combinations which will favor you, you try to set up conditions under which you will be favored eventually. So always think deep. Except for in the opening
shut up

mr 1900

this thread is a brutal IQpill between the superior HIGH IQ ASPIE and average/below average IQ catfishman.