Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any runners here?

watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
★★
I want to be able to run 3km in 12 minutes (requirements for professions that need good physical condition here)

Even though I am not sedentary and have almost a decade of experience with weight lifting, I feel like dying when I run, I can barely run for 1~2km without feeling the worst sensation imaginable. (your body is being depleted of oxygen so it makes sense it feels like dying)

Anyway, someone here with any experience on this? Maybe some tips

not really a runner but I can run

I want to be able to run 3km in 12 minutes (requirements for professions that need good physical condition here)

Even though I am not sedentary and have almost a decade of experience with weight lifting, I feel like dying when I run, I can barely run for 1~2km without feeling the worst sensation imaginable. (your body is being depleted of oxygen so it makes sense it feels like dying)

Looking to do the same.

I can run about 30 miles per hour. Even faster if I'm running on my hands

Gorilla 2293965 1280

i immediately get a side stitch after i run for a little more than a minute. if i were to run for my life, my genetics definitely wouldn't allow me.

I've been training to get better at running. I've watched a lot of different videos on how to stretch, physical therapy videos for how to take care of your legs, and I've spent plenty of time running over the years, especially this year with the pandemic forcing me to stay home, so now I exercise when I feel like it.

Honestly, I think the best advice is to just keep running and do more of it.

Set distance goals, run 5x a week, add calisthetnics to your routine and make sure you're doing exercises to keep your legs limber.

Nothing to it.

Once I get over my cold (not Covid), I'm getting back out on the road myself.

Set distance goals, run 5x a week, add calisthetnics to your routine and make sure you're doing exercises to keep your legs limber.

Nothing to it.

Once I get over my cold (not Covid), I'm getting back out on the road myself.
That's insane. I tried running 3 times and I couldn't keep up with it. In fact I had better performance running twice (although I didn't get good long therm improvements, just short therm)

There was this one time I ran (after walking a lot the day before) and my legs felt really stiff. The next day they were so fucking sore I could barely walk, and I had to spend almost 2 weeks without running...

Its weird because I never had problems exercising with calisthenics and weight lifting, but my cardio is a joke.

I've been running 5 days a week for a year now, and I have found that it's best to not drink much water prior to the run and to wait till after. Also, idk if it has anything to do with humidity etc but running in the early morning is best for me. But you will figure out what is best for you with experience.

That's insane. I tried running 3 times and I couldn't keep up with it. In fact I had better performance running twice (although I didn't get good long therm improvements, just short therm)

There was this one time I ran (after walking a lot the day before) and my legs felt really stiff. The next day they were so fucking sore I could barely walk, and I had to spend almost 2 weeks without running...

Its weird because I never had problems exercising with calisthenics and weight lifting, but my cardio is a joke.
Been there before.

Just gotta keep at it, my cardio isn't the best, but my running is better than before. The only way to get better at running is to keep running.

Maybe try to achieve easy goals and build slowly? Try running a small distance that even a baby could run, and then see how you feel after that. For example, try runing like a half-lap on a track and see how you feel. Dead srs. And then build slowly from there. I'm in no rush, hopefully when I hit my mid-late 30s I can run a full marathon, so I have quite a few years to work with.

Maybe you're running too much and tiring yourself out. At the end of a workout, you should feel motivated to get back out there next time. Not completely spent, but tired and definitely like you're ready for the next workout tomorrow after you rest.

This was a mistake I made.

Do your research too.

A couple of channels that helped me out were "Bob and Brad" for physical therapy, and "The Run Experience" on YouTube.

Been there before.

Just gotta keep at it, my cardio isn't the best, but my running is better than before. The only way to get better at running is to keep running.

Maybe try to achieve easy goals and build slowly? Try running a small distance that even a baby could run, and then see how you feel after that. For example, try runing like a half-lap on a track and see how you feel. Dead srs. And then build slowly from there. I'm in no rush, hopefully when I hit my mid-late 30s I can run a full marathon, so I have quite a few years to work with.

Maybe you're running too much and tiring yourself out. At the end of a workout, you should feel motivated to get back out there next time. Not completely spent, but tired and definitely like you're ready for the next workout tomorrow after you rest.

This was a mistake I made.

Do your research too.

A couple of channels that helped me out were "Bob and Brad" for physical therapy, and "The Run Experience" on YouTube.
Thanks for the recommendations.

My cardio is so bad that even running almost nothing is "too much", what worried me is that I couldn't really improve even though I ran for one entire year. I started to run less because running 2km felt too awful but I just stayed at the same level

Thanks for the recommendations.

My cardio is so bad that even running almost nothing is "too much", what worried me is that I couldn't really improve even though I ran for one entire year. I started to run less because running 2km felt too awful but I just stayed at the same level
2KM is a little over a mile. That's like, four or five laps around the track,

Maybe try three, or no more than four. Fuck time for now, just see if you can finish three laps (or reps).

(Or the equivalent if you don't have a track near you)

Have you tried running 1K or .5K?

2KM is a little over a mile. That's like, four or five laps around the track,

Maybe try three, or no more than four. Fuck time for now, just see if you can finish three laps (or reps).

(Or the equivalent if you don't have a track near you)

Have you tried running 1K or .5K?
Isn't a lap 800m or something like that?

I was running 1km for months and I didn't get better. The only way I could have it easy was by running a few hundred meters and stopping, that does not even count as cardio exercise...

I ran for office once
I got fired for being late again

I would like to but my face is red

I used to run somewhat professionally when I was younger. I would go to races and stuff. Now, I just run for fun.

There are a lot of blogs and youtube videos out there with decent tips. If you need some recommendations just message me.

Generally, I think some people are definitely born runners and will just naturally be faster and have more endurance. However, anyone can improve their endurance and their speed, you just need to start running. I would probably suggest a mix of long-distance running and sprints if you want to reach that goal of 3km in 12 min.

Nutrition is a big factor in running as well, you need to fuel yourself properly and make sure your body isn't occupied with digesting at the same time as you are running.

I used to run somewhat professionally when I was younger. I would go to races and stuff. Now, I just run for fun.

There are a lot of blogs and youtube videos out there with decent tips. If you need some recommendations just message me.

Generally, I think some people are definitely born runners and will just naturally be faster and have more endurance. However, anyone can improve their endurance and their speed, you just need to start running. I would probably suggest a mix of long-distance running and sprints if you want to reach that goal of 3km in 12 min.

Nutrition is a big factor in running as well, you need to fuel yourself properly and make sure your body isn't occupied with digesting at the same time as you are running.
I tried to reduce the speed and keep the 1km distance, it became much, much easier, and I am slowly progressing so the last time I ran I got to 1km faster than the first time. I hope things start to get more tolerable to the point I can start to run 2km like this... then 3, then I am going to increase the speed little by little. At least that's my plan.

I tried to reduce the speed and keep the 1km distance, it became much, much easier, and I am slowly progressing so the last time I ran I got to 1km faster than the first time. I hope things start to get more tolerable to the point I can start to run 2km like this... then 3, then I am going to increase the speed little by little. At least that's my plan.
yes, that sounds like very decent plan. The running channel on youtube has some decent free training plans. A lot of people tend to think that you can become better at running simply by going for runs a lot. That is not necessarily true. It depends on what types of runs you do, what speed, the incline etc.

Seems like you are doing something right, tho.