Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion anyone also cope the most with exercise?

W

wei#3959

Banned
-
any other exercisecels here? i'll do anything here.

so far have done hiking, martial arts, volleyball, marathon running, lifting, basketball, tennis, soccer, badminton, and a whole bunch of others lol.

what about you guys

Same, physical activities are my thing

Yeah, cycling. Not the spandex thing. Just move along, 6 days a week.

Jogging + burpees 1-3 times a week :feelstastyman: endorphins good :smonk::smonk::smonk::smonk::smonk::smonk::smonk:

bump. more inklers here should do physical exercise

No, I'm low t

I’m just praying I stay consistent inshallah It’s easy to keep up a habit for a couple months but I’ve never really done something for a whole year before :dafuckfeels: And exercisecelling along with codecelling are mandatory long term activities for me. Consistency is non-negotiable going forwards otherwise I don’t really have a future

I fucked my life up by doing weight training, so I hope to get back into recreational cycling and average about 100 miles a week. I want to be very slim and lean.
Oh I see. Same, weight training gave me a lot of acne. Good luck

I fucked my life up by doing weight training
Me too. Right when I was starting to get strong, I injured a muscle in my hip doing squats. It took almost a year to fully heal. So I tried to squat again with light weight, and it came back again! Then after 6 months of daily stretching, I thought it was gone and I just shouldn't squat ever again. Then I tried to ride my bike a few miles, and it started hurting again :feelsohgod: I went to a physical therapist and dumb cunt just told me to stretch it more. It's going to drive me to suicide, exercise was the only thing I had.

We all need to get roided out and get ripped so we can be so huge we murder normies with our bare hands

Oh wow, we both injured ourselves with squats. I worked out for a little over 3 years before I was forced to stop. The first 1.5 years I did back squats. It was going well and at the end I had made it to 170kg for 2 pause reps atg. However one day I pulled a lower calf muscle and got pissed off so I quit the gym and bought a squat rack to do it at home (squats were the only exercise I ended up with, that and barbell back extensions/holds for lower back, erectors and hamstrings. I started off with the Big 3 and accessories but whittled them down after a couple months.) I took about 2 months off to heal and then I started back squatting again. I can't remember what happened but I stalled out at 170kg again and got fed up so I switched to front squats after taking another month off. I did that for about 1.5 years and had made it 170kg for a pause which I was happy with. However, I ended up slipping a disc while doing working sets with like 140kg and that was the beginning of the end for me.

I was impatient and took about 2 weeks off to "heal" before I begun doing front squats again. I made it back to 170kg and did that multiple times throughout my journey but I was never able to progress further. I was training too often, too heavy and not eating enough. My back was and still is killing me and I eventually couldn't take it anymore and threw away all my weights. It has been 6 months now since I quit. The hardest part of stopping was seeing my muscular legs shrink back down and the feeling of holding the heavy barbell while standing firm. I started working out because I hated how slim my legs were. I say working out ruined my life because I became addicted to the gym and neglected my A-Level studies (I'm autistic so I tend to hyperfocus on things I like and it never ends well), which meant I had to repeat the year to redo my exams - despite being a straight A student. However, the pandemic hit and colleges over here in the UK gave all the students predicted grades in place of us sitting the exams so I was just given all B's which I hate. I fucked myself up by working out as I gained nothing in the end other than a fucked up lower back and grades which do not represent what I am actually capable of.

The most weight I deadlifted was 170kg. The most weight I front squatted was 170kg. The most weight I backsquatted was 170kg. 170kg has cursed me lol. I'm hoping that cycling will scratch that itch I have of having muscular lean legs and a slim phyisque, which is what I wanted all along but I chose an exercise (squats) that requires you to put on weight and carry around extra fat in order to get stronger. I've been a NEET for almost 4 years now, I've been in the same situation ever since I graduated. I'm hoping to get my life back in order soon. Sorry for the long post lol.
Damn it really did ruin your life. I can relate to a lot of that but it didn't fuck me up that bad. I definitely miss having big juicy legs, could tell I was losing it once all my pants became super loose. And I really miss feeling strong for once in my life. Oh well, I guess doing cardio and calisthenics is funner anyway. And don't have to force feed myself every day to maintain that much weight, is what I tell myself.