Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Are you scared of darkness?

Fear of the pitch dark

• Yes

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 82.1%

• Total voters
Bangkok or bust

Bangkok or bust

A life of poorer quality due to skull & bones
-
Would you walk through a forest alone when it's pitch black, 2am, with no weapons or flashlight? No you probably wouldn't. Even in a country with no apex predators you wouldn't probably do it. But do you ever question why your ok walking through a forest alone during daylight, but not at night, eh, buddy boy?

Through evolution, humans have therefore developed a tendency to be scared of darkness. In the dark, our visual sense vanishes, and we are unable to detect who or what is around us. We rely on our visual system to help protect us from harm. The fear of harm in darkness probably evolved from humans living alongside apex predators that hunt prey at night - large cats. So it was probably fear of being attacked by large cats that made us fear the dark. Neanderthal anatomy also looked to be night adopted species, with huge eye orbits, so it may of hunted other humans for meat at night, too.

JFL. I post on co ain't nothing scarier than that dawg

I'm scared of dying alone

Was this meant for Off Topic?

Would you walk through a forest alone when it's pitch black, 2am, with no weapons or flashlight? No you probably wouldn't. Even in a country with no apex predators you wouldn't probably do it. But do you ever question why your ok walking through a forest alone during daylight, but not at night, eh, buddy boy
I'm not scared of the pitch black darkness but I wouldn't walk in a forest without a flashlight or weapons because that's extremely dangerous and retarded, you're basically asking to die.

I walk alone through dark, secluded areas all the time.

What my anxieties center around is other people -- the hustle and the bustle of the normgroidpaths.

I wouldn't walk in a forest without a flashlight or weapons because that's extremely dangerous and retarded, you're basically asking to die.
Let NTs think this, anyway, so that they leave us autistic night crawlers alone. We might just sperg out and slaughter them if they disturb us in our nightly escapades.

Last edited:
I'm not scared of the pitch black darkness but I wouldn't walk in a forest without a flashlight or weapons because that's extremely dangerous and retarded, you're basically asking to die.

Die From what exactly?

You can't be seriously asking this question right? You're walking in the woods at night pitch black with beasts roaming the forest.

What beasts? There's no beasts in the UK - no large cats, no wolves, no hyenas or other nocturnal apex predators of man.

No because Im the monster people are actually afraid off JFL

What beasts? There's no beasts in the UK - no large cats, no wolves, no hyenas or other nocturnal apex predators of man.
Maybe in your country but where I live, the nearest forest has snakes, bears, foxes, coyotes and wild cats.

Forests are scary places, darkness is just a blanket. There are spiders, coyotes, unknown branches and rivers. So yes I would not go walk in the forest in the darkness because of these things.

If you walk around in a dark room it feels like nothing because your only risk is crashing into a wall or tripping over stuff.

Would you walk through a forest alone when it's pitch black, 2am, with no weapons or flashlight?
I've done that before tbh, I used to frequently go on walks to the gas station to buy chocolate or something at like 1 AM when it was pitch black outside. you can get there faster by walking down a trail in the woods so that was my most frequent route

Would you walk through a forest alone when it's pitch black, 2am, with no weapons or flashlight? No you probably wouldn't. Even in a country with no apex predators you wouldn't probably do it. But do you ever question why your ok walking through a forest alone during daylight, but not at night, eh, buddy boy?

Through evolution, humans have therefore developed a tendency to be scared of darkness. In the dark, our visual sense vanishes, and we are unable to detect who or what is around us. We rely on our visual system to help protect us from harm. The fear of harm in darkness probably evolved from humans living alongside apex predators that hunt prey at night - large cats. So it was probably fear of being attacked by large cats that made us fear the dark. Neanderthal anatomy also looked to be night adopted species, with huge eye orbits, so it may of hunted other humans for meat at night, too.
Embrace the dark side and let it be your light

JFL. I post on co ain't nothing scarier than that dawg
based.

I used to be scared of darkness. but I Meditated in darkness for last few years and have become comfortable with it.

I've done that before tbh, I used to frequently go on walks to the gas station to buy chocolate or something at like 1 AM when it was pitch black outside. you can get there faster by walking down a trail in the woods so that was my most frequent route

Did you have a torch?

Scooter as in moped?
no jfl im not braziliansigma

this kind of scooter

I’m terrified of the dark tbh , it’s because our Brain imagines the worst scenario