Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News [Based]Irish Farmers set to Join European Demonstrations

DarkStarDown

DarkStarDown

Born to off-grid, forced to soyciety.
★★★★★

Irish farmers will protest across the country on Thursday (1 February) at 7 pm in a show of solidarity with other EU member states’ farmers and amid struggles of their own.

Tractors have taken to the streets of many European towns and cities over the last month, culminating in massive protests in Brussels on Thursday as EU leaders met for a crucial summit.

Agricultural workers across Europe have a long litany of complaints, including EU environmental regulations, subsidies, taxes, and the pending EU- Mercosur agreement.

Irish farmers are also unhappy with the situation for their sector, Cathal MacCarthy, media director for the Irish Creamery Milk Suppliers Association, told Euractiv.

“There’s a general dissatisfaction with the level of environmental regulation that is being heaped on farmers, the low margins, and (the) resulting low income the farmers have been suffering from for a very long time now.”

While dairy farmers are in the midst of calving season and may not turn out in as large numbers as other groups of Irish farmers, MacCarthy said the sentiment will be there.

“There will be a great deal of sympathy and solidarity with the aim and ambitions of the protests both in Ireland and on the Continent,” he said.

The Irish Farmers’ Association (IFA) announced a decision by their National Council that protests would take place in every county on Thursday between 7 pm and 9 pm.

IFA President Francie Gorman said Irish farmers are just as frustrated by what is happening as farmers in other countries.

“They feel they are being regulated out of business by Brussels bureaucrats and Department of Agriculture officials who are far removed from the reality of day-to-day farming,” Gorman said on Wednesday, ahead of the action.

United against regulations, costs

The concerns of the Irish beef and dairy farmers echo the concerns of other European farmers who have been protesting for weeks.

MacCarthy said Irish beef and dairy farmers also believe they are not being compensated fairly for the agrifood products they cultivate, given the increased costs involved in production as a result of environmental regulations.

“We need senior politicians to face consumers and say, ‘Lads, listen, the cost of producing this food is X, that has to be paid, and the margin that allows farmers to live (has to be paid), but we can’t just be dependent on what the supermarket feels like charging their customers,’” he said.

“We can either continue to have cheap food, or we can have environmentally sustainable food, but we can’t have both,” MacCarthy added.

MacCarthy is also concerned that forcing further environmental regulations on farmers will cause Irish beef and dairy farmers to relocate their production to countries with fewer environmental regulations and less sustainable production.

Mad over Mercosur

Another point of contention is the EU’s agreement with Mercosur member countries in South America, which would lower trade barriers between the blocs.

“The idea that the EU would heap environmental regulations on its own farmers but conclude an agreement with South American countries to export nearly 100,000 tonnes of beef tariff-free … is unacceptable and absurd,” MacCarthy said.

MacCarthy said that importing beef from other countries will “be the end of indigenous EU production of beef.”

French farmers share similar sentiments, leading to a lack of French governmental support for Mercosur.

Last February, French President Emmanuel Macron said he would reject a Mercosur deal if it did not require Mercosur farmers to be subject to similar environmental regulations as EU farmers.

The FT reported Macron saying he could not “ask our farmers, our industrialists in France but also everywhere in Europe to make efforts to apply new rules to decarbonise and then say all of a sudden, ‘I’m removing all the tariffs to allow products to enter which do not apply these rules’.”

Pro-Mercosur Germany proposed splitting the deal into sections, leaving more unpopular facets out, as it looks to increase its exports of automotives and machines. France was opposed to this.

Based as fuck; full support to these lads. :feelsYall:

Frankly, I'm glad to see this wave of protests across Evrope by farmers & I hope more continue.

It is no doubt that global (((elites))) are attempting to try & engineer some sort of food crisis(which technically, we are already in) in order for them to exert more control & influence over the population: Effectively, they want to starve us into submission. They will fead us bugs, whilst they feast on meat.

They still wield the Celtic spirit I see:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ueLEx15Kk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fXByJweHp0

Last edited:
Farmers, lol.

@Corvus @Adolf Hitler @TBIcel @Pancakecel @LeFrenchCel @Puppeter @Uggo Mongo @PolskiKartofel @Ron.Belgrade @wereq @Chudpreet @nice_try @Friezacel @LesscoBlob @Confessor

Based uprising against jewrope

lmao, exactly.
It's just pure greed lol. The EU was getting cheap grain from Ukraine and Russia, and for a while, Ukraine stopped exporting grain which lead to EU farmers making more money due to limited supply but high demand. Now that Ukraine is back at it with exporting grain, they're back to being paid as much as before the war. They're just greedy fucks. Make better grain to compete in the free market buddy. :feelzez:

It's just pure greed lol. The EU was getting cheap grain from Ukraine and Russia, and for a while, Ukraine stopped exporting grain which lead to EU farmers making more money due to limited supply but high demand. Now that Ukraine is back at it with exporting grain, they're back to being paid as much as before the war. They're just greedy fucks. Make better grain to compete in the free market buddy. :feelzez:
Most of them own big farms and a shitton of land which is often worth more than a million bucks, but they act as if they were poor. Fucking ridiculous.

It already happened and there was barely any fuss about it. Just another set of feckless demonstrations

The way I see it, is it's the working-classes(which I define as the lower & middle classes) effectively banding together against the (((elite))) whom wish to cause some form of crisis in order to exert more control over us.
Read my reply before. They're just greedy and can't produce a good enough product.

Most of them own big farms and a shitton of land which is often worth more than a million bucks, but they act as if they were poor. Fucking ridiculous.
Exactly lol. :feelskek: I have zero sympathy for them. All I have to say in regards to the Polish farmers (not the Irish) is that Poland has a good military. Just threaten military action and defend your country already.

The mealworm is the next ingredient of EU foods​

This type of larvae will therefore be able to enter the market. Thus the number of insects and their derivatives to have received the green light as new food from the European Union rises to four, after the larvae of the mealworm, locusts and crickets.

Just as it happened for domestic crickets (Acheta domesticus), which production for the market is authorized only for the Vietnamese company Cricket One Co. Ltd, now for the larvae of the worm the EU Commission has authorized only the company Ynsect NL BV, which is a French company considered a world leader in the production of natural insect-based fertilizers and proteins. Founded in 2011 in Paris, France by scientists and environmental activists, Next40 and B Corp certified, the company transforms insects into high-value ingredients for pets, fish, plants and humans. It operates three production sites, one in Dole, France (commencing in 2016), one in the Netherlands (2017), one in the United States (since 2022), and a third site, the largest vertical farm in the world, in Amiens in France is currently under construction.

I could not describe in word how much I hate british anglocunts and how much I have love for irish people