Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Blur or Oasis?

Which band (multiple votes allowed)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BornToLose

BornToLose

Oops!... I lost again
★★★★★
Which Britpop/indie rock'n'roll band rocks your world out of these two?

I put both (though tbf I was an Oasis kid cos I was all in agreement with their fuck the world attitude).

I don't listen to either band, but one of my friends liked that song "Wonderwall"

Depends on what you like, I think.
It's like the different between The Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Not in song quality, just the "point" of each band.

Rolling Stones would be a Oasis in this. They didn't experiment that much, they mostly stuck with the same bluesy sound for a LONG time, but the songs were always (*not always, actually... my bad) quality and impactful. Same with Oasis.

Blur on the other hand would be The Beatles. Much more experimental and "weird".
Sometimes the experiments would turn out great, some times trash or mediocre. But they were more interesting then the Rolling Stones.

The song quality is up to you, really.
I'm a Oasis fan, and I can't stand Blur's vocalist voice. It works in Gorillaz, but in Blur... So obnoxious.

Depends on what you like, I think.
It's like the different between The Beatles and the Rolling Stones. Not in song quality, just the "point" of each band.

Rolling Stones would be a Oasis in this. They didn't experiment that much, they mostly stuck with the same bluesy sound for a LONG time, but the songs were always (*not always, actually... my bad) quality and impactful. Same with Oasis.

Blur on the other hand would be The Beatles. Much more experimental and "weird".
Sometimes the experiments would turn out great, some times trash or mediocre. But they were more interesting then the Rolling Stones.

The song quality is up to you, really.
I'm a Oasis fan, and I can't stand Blur's vocalist voice. It works in Gorillaz, but in Blur... So obnoxious.
Based high IQ reply although I disagree to an extent about Damon's voice: on the more tender songs (like, you know, 'Tender'), I think it works well, especially if Graham's singing back-up vocals.

Based high IQ reply although I disagree to an extent about Damon's voice: on the more tender songs (like, you know, 'Tender'), I think it works well, especially if Graham's singing back-up vocals.
Oh, I agree actually! In that mode he is great.
Is just the more "lively/loud" songs where his voice starts to annoy me.

Don't like either of them

They're crap. Go listen to The Beatles, not their crappy tribute bands.
You think I never listened to the Beatles?

Fucking moron, has the ditch not consumed you by now?