Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Bored Beyond Belief

赤い太陽

赤い太陽

Recruit
★★★★
I can't speak for anyone else, but the worst thing for me about Inceldom is having nothing to do.

So far, I've tried to find clubs with interests that correspond to my own, but all the meetups that I can find are either for children, or they're for women only (big surprise) or they are too far away from where I live, OR they're several cities away, according to meetup.com

You'd be shocked how little there is to do where I live! In fact, you'll probably be spending most of your time commuting to an event than you do spending time at the event.

I actually envy incels who have some type of discernible talent or aptitude; I have neither of these things. I don't know what I'm good at, and, as a result, I feel even worse about the fact that I have nothing to do at all, let alone no one to do it with. In addition, I've lost most sense of motivation to try newer things, because I either fail at them, or I don't exhibit any success with them. I don't wish to be lazy, or LDAR, but I honestly don't know what to do.

The last thing that I want to do is spend all my time in entertainment. I don't have anything against men who choose that route, but I'm the kind of guy who really wants to do something.

Recently, I've been reading a book called "Man's Search for Meaning," by Viktor E. Frankl. I haven't finished the book yet, but in the preface, it's revealed that Frankl would ask his patients (via his Logostherapy), "Why they haven't committed suicide". The answer? Finding meaning in their work, the people they love, and some cause they are passionate about. I'm dumbing it down to a great degree, but this is the impression I'm getting so far.

I don't find meaning in my job (even though I like my workplace environment), I'm not interested in relationships (I don't want what I can't have, and I don't want relationships), and I've lost my passion for most of life.

So I think Frankl's book is only applicable under a certain set of circumstances.

I do want to learn about the world, however, just like my hero Stardusk. I have an abysmal IQ, so I will never be as smart as him, but I do want to learn about biology and evolutionary psychology to understand the incel position even better. It isn't necessary, but I just want to see the facts for myself. So, while I do read books on the subject from time to time, but that isn't really a life goal or even a hobby. It's actually something I have to force myself to do, because I have no drive for it.

Any ideas, guys?

start cum into lolihole

Stardusk is a faggot, stop following him and start following actual intellectuals like heed and succeed, and rejected from eve.

Stardusk is a faggot, stop following him and start following actual intellectuals like heed and succeed, and rejected from eve.

I don't get it. What's wrong with Stardusk? He's been very generous to incels. And I do listen to Heed.

collect baseball cards. no, you should read candide by voltaire.

日本語を勉強しろよ tbh tbh :lul:

日本語を勉強しろよ tbh tbh :lul:

What for? I don't live in Japan, and I don't plan to. I abandoned a former language project because I wanted to translate some of my favorite philosophers, but that got boring and unrewarding.

Any ideas, guys?

Agreed, that sounds super boring. A couple suggestions from a semi-oldcel:

1. Don’t go within your head over analyzing things.
2. Work out. It sounds like a cope but the health benefits are immense. Learning to keep your body strong and flexible is a wonderful thing and gives you time if you manage to ascend.
3. Move to a place that challenges you. It sounds like you’re comfortable with your current situation, which is leading you to get bored.

Agreed, that sounds super boring. A couple suggestions from a semi-oldcel:

1. Don’t go within your head over analyzing things.
2. Work out. It sounds like a cope but the health benefits are immense. Learning to keep your body strong and flexible is a wonderful thing and gives you time if you manage to ascend.
3. Move to a place that challenges you. It sounds like you’re comfortable with your current situation, which is leading you to get bored.

Thank you sir. Recently I decided to pursue music, and I've gone back to the gym. I'll keep this advice in mind.

Honestly you don't seem like too dumb a guy, there's probably something for you. Have you tried any arts yet?

Honestly you don't seem like too dumb a guy, there's probably something for you. Have you tried any arts yet?

I tried breaking into the comic industry, but it's filled with SJWs, so I gave up that dream. Plus, I could never draw very well.

I tried breaking into the comic industry, but it's filled with SJWs, so I gave up that dream. Plus, I could never draw very well.
Trust me, it's a lot more about training, talent's just a headstart and without proper practice it gets stale.
Are comics the only thing you're interested in doing? You could always pick up an instrument, performatic arts, painting, writing, etc.
Of course the first things you put out aren't going to be top notch, but you gotta accept that you can't get good without being bad first.

It depends. Some independant comic publishers care more about publishing good innovative content rather than publishing "up to date politically correct designed to be a sell out" stuffs like Marvel do. For instance Bliss Comics, Millarworld stuffs (not really an editor but Millar is Millar lol), etc ... DC is less keen on this kind of commercial trend, they are operating a "come back of the 80's delirium" (Watchmen in Justice League lol).

Thank you sir. Recently I decided to pursue music, and I've gone back to the gym. I'll keep this advice in mind.

Glad to hear that. I still feel down from time to time, but those avocations go a long way to help. Also consider putting more effort into your career if you have one. As single men, we have some freedoms that others don’t, one of which is free time to laser focus on achieving our goals.