Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Chatgpt is just a programm to look up stuff faster (and makes foids unemployable )

ethniccel1

ethniccel1

Sir ethnic cel the 1st lord of landwhales, grannys
★★★★★
What is exactly all the hype about chtatgpt?. I tried out the 3.5 version. It is basically a search engine that summarises stuff it finds on the web.

All the stuff it shows in its results are exactly the same stuff you would find by googling stuff and taking the time to sift through tons of websites.

If people mean chatgpt makes our work and lives more efficient by cutting down on hours of research then yes I guess it is a major break through. I guess low level lawyers , professors assistants, low level clerks will be effected. Maybe this is a good thing to cut down on the amount of low to barely avergae foids who hold degrees getting jobs in those fields making them unemployable hehehe

and makes foids unemployable​

Jfl at this

you can mold it to your liking, although rulecucked, i made it a chat buddy

you can mold it to your liking, although rulecucked, i made it a chat buddy
didnt know about that. But still it doesnt do anything much in terms of jobs. Maybe you can mold it to do jobs I dont know but from what I have seen its just a search engine because I used it to try code add-ons on my Medusa Node.js webshop app and its just useless and shit so I dont see what jobs it will take. It just showed me code that I could have googled anyway.

It’s a search engine that occasionally makes stuff up to boot

It’s a search engine that occasionally makes stuff up to boot
like what stuff up to boot? I bet its stuff that you can find online (if you have hours of time)

like what stuff up to boot? I bet its stuff that you can find online (if you have hours of time)
To boot is a euphemism for “as well” or “in addition”. I meant that ChatGPT hallucinates, I.e., makes stuff up

If need to research something just put “reddit” after your question. Yes Reddit is gay but it’s good just for answering questions about menial things.

Yes but when you consider that our brains are also search engines that just sift through the information we've accumulated over an entire lifetime it becomes more daunting.

To start with it's not just 'lower-level menial jobs' that are being replaced; ChatGPT3.5 is an outdated version at this point, stuff like GPT-4 and Claude3 are way smarter and we're probably going to see GPT-5 this year or early next year which will be even more insane.

The proficiency of AI is increasing rapidly, especially as we see breakthrough in chip technology like the recent Blackwell or groQ chips that are pretty much designed for AI and they're boasting to be dozens of times more efficient than currently used chips.

People that say we're not going to be replaced by AI soon are serious copers. Even if LLMs only 'seem' to have intelligence rather than true sentience, it will also only 'seem' to have massive cataclysmic humanity-ending effects on society. (It will).

Keep in mind AI can basically replace anything that thinks. It makes intellectual labor obsolete, increasingly so. Newer breakthroughs even threaten to make physical labor obsolete because corporations are building robots with human-like dexterity that can literally observe the environment and 'think' and perform real-world actions using LLMS like GPT4 like figure1, which is only the beginning. Once they can be 3D-printed for less than a wageslavers average salary (the current cost of very low end physical labor robots is like ~$90k), I don't see what prevents corps from replacing whiny human workers with constantly-operating slave robots.

I give it 5 years max until society will need to radically rethink the current power structure and values system or else we will all collapse into a moral and economic sink due to our own obsolescence.

Last edited:
Yes but when you consider that our brains are also search engines that just sift through the information we've accumulated over an entire lifetime it becomes more daunting.

To start with it's not just 'lower-level menial jobs' that are being replaced; ChatGPT3.5 is an outdated version at this point, stuff like GPT-4 and Claude3 are way smarter and we're probably going to see GPT-5 this year or early next year which will be even more insane.

The proficiency of AI is increasing rapidly, especially as we see breakthrough in chip technology like the recent Blackwell or groQ chips that are pretty much designed for AI and they're boasting to be dozens of times more efficient than currently used chips.

People that say we're not going to be replaced by AI soon are serious copers. Even if LLMs only 'seem' to have intelligence rather than true sentience, it will also only 'seem' to have massive cataclysmic humanity-ending effects on society. (It will).

Keep in mind AI can basically replace anything that thinks. It makes intellectual labor obsolete, increasingly so. Newer breakthroughs even threaten to make physical labor obsolete because corporations are building robots with human-like dexterity that can literally observe the environment and 'think' and perform real-world actions using LLMS like GPT4 like figure1, which is only the beginning. Once they can be 3D-printed for less than a wageslavers average salary (the current cost of very low end physical labor robots is like ~$90k), I don't see what prevents corps from replacing whiny human workers with constantly-operating slave robots.

I give it 5 years max until society will need to radically rethink the current power structure and values system or else we will all collapse into a moral and economic sink due to our own obsolescence.
Intriguing. There are numerous youngsters graduating from high school and going to university thinking that there will be jobs for everyone, that everyone in this society has a space as long as they work hard. They never consider the possibility of being outcompeted by AI, which is a very real threat despite what some people say. The competition for jobs is already insane. You have to compete with women, immigrants, and now AI. And no one is talking about this. Why?

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back