Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Check every box that contains something you believe in

Check every box that contains something you believe in

• God doesn't exist

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Evolution is real

Votes: 39 67.2%
  • The earth is billions of years old

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • The earth is a sphere

Votes: 45 77.6%
  • The earth revolves around the sun, among many other movements

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Space travel is real

Votes: 39 67.2%
  • The universe came from the big bang/always existed

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • Gravity is real

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Morality is subjective

Votes: 36 62.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
Mainländer

Mainländer

Songwritercel
★★★★★
Anonymous poll.

This should be fun.

interesting.

why do you think you chose to formulate the points in a way that the checkboxed answers disagree with your view? you could also have done it the other way around for example "god exists" instead of "god doesn't exist".

Yes to everything there, apart from the final one.

The universe coming from the big bang and having always existed are two very different ideas. No modern scientist thinks the universe has always existed.

Only two I didn't check are the earth came from the big bang, and morality is subjective.

The big bang is a hypothesis. There's almost no way to know if it's true or not. It's just as valid as the string theory.

And morality isn't subjective. Harmful is harmful and helpfup is helpful. There's grey areas, but intent is clear.
Morality isn't inherent is something I'd agree with.

Only two I didn't check are the earth came from the big bang, and morality is subjective.

The big bang is a hypothesis. There's almost no way to know if it's true or not. It's just as valid as the string theory.

And morality isn't subjective. Harmful is harmful and helpfup is helpful. There's grey areas, but intent is clear.
Based

The earth is billions of years old
The earth is a sphere
The earth revolves around the sun, among many other movements
Space travel is real
The universe came from A big bang/always existed
Gravity is real

No one was around to know how or what the big bang was or how it was caused. Any that thinks they know are just speculating.

No one was around to know how or what the big bang was or how it was caused. Any that thinks they know are just speculating.

Two major scientific discoveries provide strong support for the Big Bang theory: • Hubble's discovery in the 1920s of a relationship between a galaxy's distance from Earth and its speed; and • the discovery in the 1960s of cosmic microwave background radiation.

I checked everything except God doesn't exist and morality is subjective. I am conflicted about god and morality is definetly not subjective.

I think there is definite proof for some kind of big bang type event

"The universe came from the big bang/always existed"
Aren't these contradictory?
Or am I just retarded

I didn't check it because while I believe the universe was created with the big bang I don't think it has always existed

Last edited:
think there is definite proof for some kind of big bang type event
There's proof of other stars exploding and creating remnants, but There's no way to know that's the case with our solar system

Two major scientific discoveries provide strong support for the Big Bang theory: • Hubble's discovery in the 1920s of a relationship between a galaxy's distance from Earth and its speed; and • the discovery in the 1960s of cosmic microwave background radiation.
Never said something didn't happen. The thing is they don't have a clue how. They see the remnants and aftermath but that's about it.

Or am I just retarded

Some kind of non-supernatural natural event or non-religious reason he probably meant.

I checked the first five.

The universe coming from the big bang and having always existed are two very different ideas.
I know, but they are both in opposition to the idea of divine creation.

Or am I just retarded

I didn't check it because while I believe the universe was created with the big bang I don't think it has always existed
If you believe either one or the other, check it.

Never said something didn't happen. The thing is they don't have a clue how. They see the remnants and aftermath but that's about it.

They can piece together some kind of an idea of what happened when from that and what they understand about physics which is always the same.

nMQcKIzsVxNgQ4pJ4SsTGgl7AfA5ekbEXCbcEI_v0OWzjUf8WdIwasLu-5GFNonorn-B-QiN-yEjVVgvw3DQJO5vyLbYF_Rb_WI

I know, but they are both in opposition to the idea of divine creation.

A Catholic priest came up with the idea of the Big Bang so it's not really in opposition. An eternal universe Hindu's believe in though God sustains it eternally.

Last edited:
Micro evolution I guess.

@FlamingCel @Billowel @Pumkin @StormlitAqua @Hate_my_life @geocentristcel

Everything except

The universe came from the big bang/always existed​

It's not proven and it doesn't make sense. Might be true but it's just as likely, or even more so, that we're living in a simulation by some type of beings that actually have a clear purpose in life and maybe even a god. The rest is proven by science but could be part of the simulation

If you ticked all the boxes you scored 100%. It was an exam, there were right and wrong answers.

wowie, i ticked a lot of boxes.

i dont really kno how the universe began, but i don’t believe in a god

The only one I wasn't so sure about was whether the earth is new or old

I lean more towards the idea of it being new, since our methods of dating have been proven to be a bit unreliable

I'd need a time travel machine

The Earth is not a sphere. It is an oblate spheroid. It's fatter wide than tall, cuz it spins.

The Earth is not a sphere. It is an oblate spheroid. It's fatter wide than tall, cuz it spins.
I take it you believe NASA's pics of the earth are all fake then, right?

I take it you believe NASA's pics of the earth are all fake then, right?
Oblate spheroid does not mean flat, lol. You have just been knowledge mogged.

Oblate spheroid does not mean flat, lol. You have just been knowledge mogged.
What I mean is that in such pics, the earth is perfectly spherical. It's not fatter wide than tall.

What I mean is that in such pics, the earth is perfectly spherical. It's not fatter wide than tall.
It's a pretty tiny difference, to be sure (about 0.3%). You wouldn't see it visually. But it has been measured scientifically. It's more obvious for larger planets like Jupiter (due to its size, and also its short day which increases its centrifugal force and thus flattens it)

Time is finite