Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Coffeecels how do I coffeemaxx?

Dusk

Dusk

It's over.
-
I usually just drink bitter instant coffee but I've heard that there's a great deal of joy to be found in the tastes and aromas of freshly brewed coffee. Some even describe the coffee-brewing/tasting process as transformative in their lives so I'm curious... Is there merit in learning to make a good cup of coffee? How do you make yours and how is it significantly better than instant, if at all?

00037 1553117675

Dnr tea masterrace

But no joking OP, you made a good, worthwhile thread tbh.

Yes, making espresso and lattes is a big hobby of mine. :feelscomfy:

Unfortunately I am also extremely anxious and also sensitive to caffeine :feelsbadman: but I will suffer through it because it’s the 15 minutes I look forward to every day.

I've heard that there's a great deal of joy to be found in the tastes and aromas of freshly brewed coffee.
I can give you some advice if you want. Cheap/accessible ways to get started that are also quite deep if you want to delve more into them.

Also the aroma of freshly ground beans is really nice. :feelsohh:

I can give you some advice if you want. Cheap/accessible ways to get started that are also quite deep if you want to delve more into them.

Also the aroma of freshly ground beans is really nice. :feelsohh:
Yes, please do! What's the best way of brewing coffee in your opinion?

i drink filtered coffee with coffee creamer (no sugar)

i just drink black coffee, thats it

Make other sweeter coffees at home like caramel coffee, I never drink black coffee.

Yes, please do! What's the best way of brewing coffee in your opinion?
Espresso is my favorite and the best imo. To make it you need an espresso machine, a cheap one is about $100 (everything in usd). They almost always have a steam wand which you can use to steam milk to make drinks like lattes. It requires some other accessories like a tamper for the coffee filter and pitcher to froth milk.

The easiest, fastest, and cheapest way to make coffee that I can think of is a pour over. You just need a steel filter which goes directly over a mug (on Amazon and elsewhere), and a coffee grinder (you can get a cheap adjustable hand held grinder on amazon or elsewhere also). Get a ceramic or steel burr grinder, not a blade grinder. The filter is one part (no filter paper needed) and is dishwasher safe usually if it’s stainless steel.

What you do is grind the coffee (the grinder comes with instructions on how to adjust it to give the right grind size, it’s just turning a screw), put it into the filter, and pour boiling/hot water over it. There are some more things to do like wetting the coffee in the filter and waiting for 30 sec, (called “blooming”) and pouring in a spiral pattern. That’s basically it though. It’s simple and you don’t need a whole lot for it, but it has a fairly high skill ceiling and is considered a high-brow method of brewing coffee.

Espresso is my favorite and the best imo. To make it you need an espresso machine, a cheap one is about $100 (everything in usd). They almost always have a steam wand which you can use to steam milk to make drinks like lattes. It requires some other accessories like a tamper for the coffee filter and pitcher to froth milk.

The easiest, fastest, and cheapest way to make coffee that I can think of is a pour over. You just need a steel filter which goes directly over a mug (on Amazon and elsewhere), and a coffee grinder (you can get a cheap adjustable hand held grinder on amazon or elsewhere also). Get a ceramic or steel burr grinder, not a blade grinder. The filter is one part (no filter paper needed) and is dishwasher safe usually if it’s stainless steel.

What you do is grind the coffee (the grinder comes with instructions on how to adjust it to give the right grind size, it’s just turning a screw), put it into the filter, and pour boiling/hot water over it. There are some more things to do like wetting the coffee in the filter and waiting for 30 sec, (called “blooming”) and pouring in a spiral pattern. That’s basically it though. It’s simple and you don’t need a whole lot for it, but it has a fairly high skill ceiling and is considered a high-brow method of brewing coffee.
Thanks for the comprehensive response! I've always wanted to make nicer coffee. You've eloquently summed up basically all that I could ask for in this regard. I'll definitely look into espresso machines when I get paid, although a pour-over sounds great too. I think anything will beat the bitterness of instant coffee, can't wait!

Try an instant mocha latté bro.

1 teaspoon coffee
2 teaspoons of hot cocoa
In a 16oz/500ml soda bottle...

Just add water and shake

Try an instant mocha latté bro.

1 teaspoon coffee
2 teaspoons of hot cocoa
In a 16oz/500ml soda bottle...

Just add water and shake
Thanks, sounds lovely. I'll try it out :yes:

High quality post.

Millions must caffeinemaxx.

Thanks for the comprehensive response! I've always wanted to make nicer coffee. You've eloquently summed up basically all that I could ask for in this regard. I'll definitely look into espresso machines when I get paid, although a pour-over sounds great too. I think anything will beat the bitterness of instant coffee, can't wait!
:feelsautistic:
High quality post.
:feelsautistic:

It depends on timez money, and effort. In the US, somthing called French Press has become very popular and it makes a fresh cup of coffee. I also have an espresso machine but I have not mastered it fully yet.

It's also worth noting that your coffee will only be as good as the beans you use. If you have a coffee grinder, you can grind as many beans as you need then use them and the flavors will be stronger.

mostly use kcups now
best you can usually find is a local roaster.
use to be one in town, they would roast the beans daily and grind to your needs

Do cold brew, it's the best.

You need a pitcher, a strainer, a blender or a coffee bean grinder, jars or cups, something to stir with, and some whole coffee beans.

The pitcher I bought from walmart for 5 dollars, it holds 64 oz has a locking lid with a kind of filter on the lid. The strainer I got from dollar tree, it has a handle. The blender I already had, if you get a grinder be sure to get one with a detachable cup that makes it easy to clean, the one I have is dog shit chink brand junk from amazon that I don't use and didn't bother to return. I already had mason jars.

The beans I buy are from Aldi. They're $6 for I think 12 oz, roughly same price as 8 O'Clock beans you can buy from Walmart. They're about the same, I prefer the Aldi beans though.

Step 1. grind coffee beans. I have a scoop that is 1/8th a cup, I do two scoops per cup, which is 1/4th a cup of coffee beans to 8 oz water, this is 66% the coffee to water ratio of Stok coffee for reference, which is 3/8s per 8 oz).
Get a coarse grind, if you using blender look up youtube videos on how to use the pulse setting for a coarse grind.

Step 2. take coarsely ground coffee beans and dump them into the pitcher. Add the water. Gently stir them so that all the ground coffee is submerged in water (you don't have to stir to dissolve like you would sugar, you just want all the coffee to be wet). Put on lid. Leave room at room temperature for 18-24 hours. If you want to put in the fridge it takes ~36 hours to brew.

Step3. Next day grab your [mason jar], makes sure it's large enough to hold the amount of coffee you have brewed, and your strainer. Hold strainer in place and pour the coffee from the picture into the jar. Flick the grounds into the trash from your strainer, rinse it off, then strain from the jar into your drinking receptacle. Rinse off the strainer and put it up. Wash your pitcher, wash your jar. Repeat step 1 for the next day's brew.

All in all it takes $10-20ish, depending on what you already have (obv not counting blender or grinder). This is my cheap setup, you want to spend more money you can get different kinds of setups but this is extremely effective so no point in that.

If you want hot coffee then a french press is another cheap option, I do not like hot brewed coffee myself. Cold brew I can drink black and it's an easily acquired taste.

Coffee is alright, but the yerba mate is a much better drink imo :feelsjuice:

GIhgEWjXkAAYzeb

Do cold brew, it's the best.

You need a pitcher, a strainer, a blender or a coffee bean grinder, jars or cups, something to stir with, and some whole coffee beans.

The pitcher I bought from walmart for 5 dollars, it holds 64 oz has a locking lid with a kind of filter on the lid. The strainer I got from dollar tree, it has a handle. The blender I already had, if you get a grinder be sure to get one with a detachable cup that makes it easy to clean, the one I have is dog shit chink brand junk from amazon that I don't use and didn't bother to return. I already had mason jars.

The beans I buy are from Aldi. They're $6 for I think 12 oz, roughly same price as 8 O'Clock beans you can buy from Walmart. They're about the same, I prefer the Aldi beans though.

Step 1. grind coffee beans. I have a scoop that is 1/8th a cup, I do two scoops per cup, which is 1/4th a cup of coffee beans to 8 oz water, this is 66% the coffee to water ratio of Stok coffee for reference, which is 3/8s per 8 oz).
Get a coarse grind, if you using blender look up youtube videos on how to use the pulse setting for a coarse grind.

Step 2. take coarsely ground coffee beans and dump them into the pitcher. Add the water. Gently stir them so that all the ground coffee is submerged in water (you don't have to stir to dissolve like you would sugar, you just want all the coffee to be wet). Put on lid. Leave room at room temperature for 18-24 hours. If you want to put in the fridge it takes ~36 hours to brew.

Step3. Next day grab your [mason jar], makes sure it's large enough to hold the amount of coffee you have brewed, and your strainer. Hold strainer in place and pour the coffee from the picture into the jar. Flick the grounds into the trash from your strainer, rinse it off, then strain from the jar into your drinking receptacle. Rinse off the strainer and put it up. Wash your pitcher, wash your jar. Repeat step 1 for the next day's brew.

All in all it takes $10-20ish, depending on what you already have (obv not counting blender or grinder). This is my cheap setup, you want to spend more money you can get different kinds of setups but this is extremely effective so no point in that.

If you want hot coffee then a french press is another cheap option, I do not like hot brewed coffee myself. Cold brew I can drink black and it's an easily acquired taste.
Another great response. I'm surprised at how easy it is to make nice coffee like this. I always thought there was some black magic behind how cafes do it or that it would take some kind of funky machine. Sounds divine. I'm more of a hot coffee guy myself but a cold brew can hit the spot on a nice warm day, perfect for summer on the horizon. Cheers!

I just add coffee powder in boiling water and sip.

Another great response. I'm surprised at how easy it is to make nice coffee like this. I always thought there was some black magic behind how cafes do it or that it would take some kind of funky machine. Sounds divine. I'm more of a hot coffee guy myself but a cold brew can hit the spot on a nice warm day, perfect for summer on the horizon. Cheers!
If you prefer hot coffee then look into french presses, moka pots, or drip coffee.
French
Cafetieri

You can get a bodum French press for ~$20 at Walmart.

Also I think you can just microwave the cold brew coffee if you prefer to drink it hot, never tried it myself though. The cold brew process eliminates the bitterness and acidity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back