Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Do you believe in free will and why?

Do you believe in free will?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No.

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters
Moroccancel2-

Moroccancel2-

FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION ENJOYER.
★★★★★
For practical purposes, physics at the mathematical level is deterministic, from the quantum wave function to general relativity. Is the human being free as a physical entity?

Free will doesn't exist and our entire lives are already written somewhere. We have no choice in anything and when we think we decided something for our life, it simply was told that way. Never ever began.

this is a really hard question, but also reminds me of the muslim approach to free will. Allah destined every action of the whole humanity in Lauh al Mahfuz, so why do these people get punished for something god forced them to do?

Yes.

Everyone who followed magical logic mandates does not have free will. The rest do.

Define "magical logic mandates".
Magical logic

Get shots for a disease which isn't dangerous, which don't prevent transmission as advertised, so that people who did get it already can be safe since it doesn't work unless you get it too but it doesn't work if only one party gets it because helf :feelsclown::feelsclown:

:feelsclown::feelsclown::feelsclown::feelsclown:

Attachments

• Circular Vaccine Logic.jpeg
    Circular Vaccine Logic.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Circular Vaccine Logic.jpeg
    Circular Vaccine Logic.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 4
not for toilets

This is a poorly worded question. It doesn't matter if any of us believes if we have free will or not.

For practical purposes, physics at the mathematical level is deterministic, from the quantum wave function to general relativity. Is the human being free as a physical entity?
This we know isn't true.

I DON'T FUCKING KNOW

Personally, it seems to me as if our actions and thoughts are heavily influenced by our environment and biochemistry. And coupled with the fact our genetic code determines our mental ailments and to a lesser extent our personality which then influences about every decision we make. Nothing exists in a vacuum and therefore I don't think we're in complete control nor are we utterly unconstrained to the point where we have complete free agency. So I guess necessarily not for us, but I think it could have the potential to exist.
I'm more agonistic if anything.

Last edited:
i beleive that i can do whatever the fuck i want as long as i cannot get caught by the law enforcement.

free will does exist and everyone in this life is free to do the things he likes but we just need to be careful since some of our acts will make people also do things they wanna do

Free will exists within the limits of genetic determinism.

And yes that was supposed to be an oxymoron

Free will exists within the limits of genetic determinism.

And yes that was supposed to be an oxymoron
It exists with the limits of your biology, local space-time, and the laws of nature.

This is a poorly worded question. It doesn't matter if any of us believes if we have free will or not
The fact of believing is based on the intrinsic principle that all knowledge that is not verified is a belief.
This we know isn't true
There is no physical law that is undeterministic. From the wave function equations to other quantum mechanical equations, physics is deterministic, at a mathematical level. The conflict arises when the human being wants to understand the wave function. The human being perceives the world through particles, he cannot perceive the world as a wave function, hence why quantum mechanics is counter-intuitive and many people ignorant of physics tell you that quantum mechanics makes the world "probabilistic" and therefore, undetermined, which is false. There is no freedom of choice in the quantum world.
It exists with the limits of your biology, local space-time, and the laws of nature.
At the macroscopic level, physics remains deterministic. Time, although relative, advances in one direction and the four elemental forces establish determinism. The fact that you appeal to the law, and that on the other hand, you appeal to free will is a contradiction that you seek to resolve through a fallacious argument: that physical reality is not governed by mathematical and predictive principles. Thus, you will not find even in what we call "consciousness" a loophole of freedom of choice in the human mind if we attend to the fundamental principle that the human being is also governed by physical laws.

The fact of believing is based on the intrinsic principle that all knowledge that is not verified is a belief.

There is no physical law that is undeterministic. From the wave function equations to other quantum mechanical equations, physics is deterministic, at a mathematical level. The conflict arises when the human being wants to understand the wave function. The human being perceives the world through particles, he cannot perceive the world as a wave function, hence why quantum mechanics is counter-intuitive and many people ignorant of physics tell you that quantum mechanics makes the world "probabilistic" and therefore, undetermined, which is false. There is no freedom of choice in the quantum world.

At the macroscopic level, physics remains deterministic. Time, although relative, advances in one direction and the four elemental forces establish determinism. The fact that you appeal to the law, and that on the other hand, you appeal to free will is a contradiction that you seek to resolve through a fallacious argument: that physical reality is not governed by mathematical and predictive principles. Thus, you will not find even in what we call "consciousness" a loophole of freedom of choice in the human mind if we attend to the fundamental principle that the human being is also governed by physical laws.
It depends on your interpretation of QM.

Also, damn, you're getting max value out of ChatGPT.

I live in "free will" according to the choices I'm given.

So I don't.

i don't believe in free will