Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you have an American accent or an English accent?

Do you have an American or an English accent?

• Total voters
D

Draconian Times

-
Unfortunately, I have a generic American accent. I lived there for over a decade. It was a nightmare. I am back to South America. I wish my accent were akin to the English one.

A single English accent does not exist. It varies depending on the region.

However, the accent that is commonly associated with natives of England is sexier and classier than the American one. Easier to pull foreign girls that way. Common sense.

I love how the English pronounce words, incidentally.

Americans would say "whatever".

The English would say "woehvah".

Cute.

I am not a native english speaker and I automatically adopted an english accent when I was learning it. Not because I consumed british media (I barely if at all did) but just because I think it sounds more refined and it's easier to mimic.

I have a Spanish accent and sometimes I've been told I sound Greek, Portuguese or Latino kek. For Greek I agree but for Portuguese I don't they generally speak very good English and can do the English accent very well. Latino probably when I've watched too much Scarface and I retain some of the accent for the next few days.

i have a weird sandnigger ascent that doesn't even make any sense also i barely spoke english in my whole life. i just write in english when i am in the internet

Unfortunately, I have a generic American accent. I lived there for over a decade. It was a nightmare. I am back to South America. I wish my accent were akin to the English one.

However, the accent that is commonly associated with natives of England is sexier and classier than the American one. Easier to pull foreign girls that way. Common sense.

Cute.
I have curryaccent

“Vaattevarrr” is the way I say
Whatever

I have an Australian accent. I hate it, wish I had a burger accent

Cute.
I've been taught British-english in school and teachers wanted me to pronouce the words that way as well but ameican culture is to popular and influential it has really coopted the language from the british.

another useless thread

burgerlandian

over

Borger english due to watching too many dubs when I was younger and I basically live in a borger colony.
Wished more things were dubbed in an english cockney accent, sounds superior.
But otherwise American English sounds better, British English is too 'light' sounding, good for foids though.

Cute.
Australian

Spic American accent even though I am curry ogre