Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you think people misunderstand what being introvert means?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Tbh I think there's a lot of ignorance with this concept. Introvert doesn't mean being socially autistic and spending the day in your bedroom with computer, that's just a bad lifestyle (probably a sign of depression) that unfortunately many people have because they don't have meaningful friendships, are NEETing, etc. Also introvert doesn't mean being shy and avoiding social interaction at all cost. It just means that you prefer having your own time and don't have as much social interaction as an extrovert but you still enjoy a good conversation or have friends. For example I'm an introvert but I like it when strangers start random conversations with me in public transport, at uni or at work. I can start conversations too if I feel it's going to be nice or the other person looks interested.

The word introvert has been hijacked by doomers, NEETs and special snowflakes that use it to justify their shitty depressing lifestyles. Also I think that the less sheltered you are the less "introvert" (in the wrong sense of the word) you become because to survive you're forced to some social interaction. I remember when I was a youngcel I sometimes struggled ordering my menu at restaurants and looking at the waiter in the eyes. Or asking for directions if I got lost. Nowadays after living out of my parents home I don't care anymore and talk to employees or ask for help when I need something. If I stayed in my parents house NEETing I wouldn't have had so much opportunities to improve.

People who call themselves introverts must be genocide
IM SUCH A QUERKY INTROVERT LOLOLOLOL

I think introversion is some sort of anomaly. No one in their right mind wants to be an 'introvert'. Many people suffer from social anxiety, traumas, mental illnesses and instead of helping them socialize therapists and others often say 'it's Ok to be introverted.'
This is complete nonsense. I never wanted to be introverted as far as I remember.

shy losers like to call themselves introverted. Introverted is being lonely by choice because you like it. Being lonely because you're a fag ass loser is not introverted

The word introvert has been hijacked by doomers, NEETs and special snowflakes that use it to justify their shitty depressing lifestyles. Also I think that the less sheltered you are the less "introvert" (in the wrong sense of the word) you become because to survive you're forced to some social interaction.
:soy::soy::soy::soy: “I am so NT and have friends compared to you bedroom rotting spergs.”

The word introvert has been hijacked by doomers, NEETs and special snowflakes that use it to justify their shitty depressing lifestyles.
Doomers always sucked but it became the biggest cancer ever when that doomer foid appeared. A friend of mine attended a Molat Doma concert and the people there where the most head stuck in the ass retarded fags. Imagine going to concerts every other week to fuel your need for social interaction and still claming to be an introverted boomer