Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you think you could ever enjoy life?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I've been depressed since I was ~13. Heavily so. My brain is warped by that and by many other negative experiences.

I find everything boring and pointless. I have no energy to even get out of bed. Motivation is a concept that's alien to me at this point. Everything gives me anxiety, nothing gives me pleasure. I tried to force myself to find something of interest to me and I can't, my brain can't like or enjoy anything.

I know many of you will answer this thread with love/sex, maybe you'll specify that you want a virgin qt or something. But I don't care about that, my happiness doesn't really depend on women and love wouldn't fix most of my problems.

My answer would be ... finding an activity that I don't mind doing for long periods of time that can make me rich eventually. Though I'll never find it, cause I've tried for years to find something, theoretically if I did find such a thing my life would be paradise. Can't even explain it properly but that would be so amazing and I've thought about it a lot and I'm sure I'd be super happy if that happened. If I could earn a high income by doing something that doesn't feel like a chore, that would just be paradise. Argh what's the point of even talking about this, pointless thread. Me finding such an activity would be as likely as winning the lottery ... and then aliens coming to earth ... to revive dinosaurs ... and pit humanity against dinosaurs in a pvp match for an intergalactic TV show.

Last edited:
I've been depressed since I was ~13. Heavily so. My brain is warped by that and by many other negative experiences.

I find everything boring and pointless. I have no energy to even get out of bed. Motivation is a concept that's alien to me at this point. Everything gives me anxiety, nothing gives me pleasure. I tried to force myself to find something of interest to me and I can't, my brain can't like or enjoy anything.

I know many of you will answer this thread with love/sex, maybe you'll specify that you want a virgin qt or something. But I don't care about that. While a part of my unhappiness is indeed because I'm such a low status loser that can't get a woman, it's just a tiny part of it.

My answer would be ... finding an activity that I don't mind doing for long periods of time that can make me rich eventually. Though I'll never find it, cause I've tried for years to find something, theoretically if I did find such a thing my life would be paradise. I'm far from neurotypical so most people wouldn't understand, but the life I could live, I can't even describe it. If I had money, and if I could earn a high income by doing something that doesn't feel like a chore, that would just be paradise. Argh what's the point of even talking about this, pointless thread. Me finding such an activity would be as likely as winning the lottery ... and then aliens coming to earth ... to revive dinosaurs ... and pit humanity against dinosaurs in a pvp match for an intergalactic TV show.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QiE-M1LrZk&ab_channel=BetterThanYesterday

Check out this video. It basically described my life and how to fix it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QiE-M1LrZk&ab_channel=BetterThanYesterday

Check out this video. It basically described my life and how to fix it.

Tfw I can't even play video games or browse the internet like the guy said at the start. A few minutes of either of those and I stop. For quite a while now, I basically constantly alt tab from one thing to another. Even more so, I just leave the PC and go play with my cat for a few minutes, then back to browsing. And I can't even browse the internet properly. I open a tab, I read/watch for a few seconds, then I alt tab and open something else, a few seconds of this and I'm off to the previous tab or I open another tab altogether.

Fuck, this brain is a piece of shit.

Tfw I can't even play video games or browse the internet like the guy said at the start. A few minutes of either of those and I stop. For quite a while now, I basically constantly alt tab from one thing to another. Even more so, I just leave the PC and go play with my cat for a few minutes, then back to browsing. And I can't even browse the internet properly. I open a tab, I read/watch for a few seconds, then I alt tab and open something else, a few seconds of this and I'm off to the previous tab or I open another tab altogether.

It just means you have a very high tolerance to dopamine. Start detoxing

It just means you have a very high tolerance to dopamine. Start detoxing
Yeah I know unfortunately. The worst part is that I've known these things for years. Literally years. And I still haven't been able to muster the energy, willpower or (I hate this word) motivation. I just keep rotting. Even when I'll be forced to wageslave I'll just come home from that shit job and I'll continue rotting in the evenings/weekends. God damn will I do this till I die?

If i were normal, maybe

You should seriously try to get off the internet for ... let's say an afternoon. Force yourself to do something. If you don't have enough focus to read a book, why not try cooking? Cook something elaborate for 2 or 3 hours let's say?

You should seriously try to get off the internet for ... let's say an afternoon. Force yourself to do something. If you don't have enough focus to read a book, why not try cooking? Cook something elaborate for 2 or 3 hours let's say?
Actually I can read books. I tried recently and I can do it for a few hours, and if the book is good enough I could probably do it a whole day. Although I haven't really enjoyed a book in a year or two.

But when it comes to doing anything that requires me getting out of bed ... well, that's not a dopamine problem. I've got a whole bunch of other mental problems in the mix that make it super hard. Depression, anxiety, avoidant personality that hates being seen/heard doing anything at all, even by my parents.

Actually I can read books. I tried recently and I can do it for a few hours, and if the book is good enough I could probably do it a whole day. Although I haven't really enjoyed a book in a year or two.

But when it comes to doing anything that requires me getting out of bed ... well, that's not a dopamine problem. I've got a whole bunch of other mental problems in the mix that make it super hard. Depression, anxiety, avoidant personality that hates being seen/heard doing anything at all, even by my parents.
One problem at a time bro. Trying to fix everything at once would be impossible, it's like working on a big project, you don't try to do everything at once. Try reading more then and keeping consooming visual media to a minimum.
Once you get that going you can try adding new low dopamine activities maybe?

I could enjoy life by being a teenage Chad with a jb harem. I could enjoy life by being NT and rich. I could enjoy life by having a stable income and legally owning a sex slave. I could enjoy life by being a skilled samurai in the Sengoku age of Japan. I could enjoy life by being a teen male with a little sister who loves me and that I can fuck. I could enjoy life by being a worshipped demigod. I could enjoy life by having a superpower and abusing it for my own amusement and dick. I could enjoy life by being the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and recognized as such. I could enjoy life by being white, >= 6' and NT

If I had a large amount of money to spend, yes. Despite inceldom, there are things that I find joy in.

psychedelic maxxx

Other than wageslaving my copes satisfy me enough in life where a foid and all that comes with it would merely be a bonus to me.

One problem at a time bro. Trying to fix everything at once would be impossible, it's like working on a big project, you don't try to do everything at once. Try reading more then and keeping consooming visual media to a minimum.
Once you get that going you can try adding new low dopamine activities maybe?
Yeah, good point bro. From the looks of it I think I'll indulge in this high dopamine state of depression and not enjoying anything till I'm absolutely forced out of it. So, in a few months when I'll have to get a job. I could try to do it till then but tbh I don't have it in me. Gotta be forced to do it.
I could enjoy life by being a teenage Chad with a jb harem. I could enjoy life by being NT and rich. I could enjoy life by having a stable income and legally owning a sex slave. I could enjoy life by being a skilled samurai in the Sengoku age of Japan. I could enjoy life by being a teen male with a little sister who loves me and that I can fuck. I could enjoy life by being a worshipped demigod. I could enjoy life by having a superpower and abusing it for my own amusement and dick. I could enjoy life by being the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and recognized as such. I could enjoy life by being white, >= 6' and NT
That's a lot of answers, interesting post man.
Other than wageslaving my copes satisfy me enough in life where a foid and all that comes with it would merely be a bonus to me.
Happy to hear that, keep enjoying life man.
psychedelic maxxx
Damn, moving to a country where they are legal and having enough money to afford making it a habit, and alternating with other stuff between tolerance breaks ... that's the dream.

Look at yourself compared to others, are you really different or perhaps you are exaggerating some things because of 1 or 2 issues you have
I mean everyone has to wagecuck and to move on, many people suffer from mental issues nowadays and everyone is feeling alone nowadays because of social media
personally for me cardiomaxxing helps me and makes me feel fulfilled and gives me athlete's high which is legit better then weed or alcohol (I did a thread about it)
and without it (like now) I just feel like shit both mentally and physically, and right now the more I stay at home, the worse I start to feel and the more I want
to stay in bed and feel more anxiety and feel like shit, a few of my body parts start to hurt as well and my posture is terrible

I have the theory that happiness/depression is entirely based on life circumstances.

Why should should someone like me be happy? No friends, never had a gf, afraid of people, shitty career path so far.
That's also why I think therapy is complete bullshit. How is therapy ever going to change these circumstances?
The only one who can technically change them is me, but once you're trapped in the downwards spiral, it's almost impossible to get out of there alone.
That's what friends are supposed to be for, to support each other in dark times, they're supposed to get you out of there.
But when you're already inside the downwards spiral, you won't be able to make friends or get a decent social circle.

Would I be depressed if I had a job that I like (doubt that exists), supportive people around me (family + friends) and a gf (or at least a fulfilled sex life)? No. Absolutely not.

In theory everyone here could be able to enjoy life (again), but modern society doomed most of us.

Very much so. Being content in myself is my highest desire, and presumptively that will only come when other lower problems have been resolved. Even in the confines of a socially isolated state, I still feel judged by those who exist merely in my imagination.

No. Our species is literally built to breed and because I cannot obtain that I constantly long for what I cannot have. Life is nothing but hell and you can never have fun in hell

Yeah I know unfortunately. The worst part is that I've known these things for years. Literally years. And I still haven't been able to muster the energy, willpower or (I hate this word) motivation. I just keep rotting. Even when I'll be forced to wageslave I'll just come home from that shit job and I'll continue rotting in the evenings/weekends. God damn will I do this till I die?
Do the no screen for 1 day challenge. Just refuse to look at a screen for 24 hours unless it is absolutely necessary.