Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Do you write and include a cover letter when applying for jobs?

Do you write and include a cover letter when applying for jobs?

• Yes, I do write and include a cover letter when applying for jobs.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, I do not write and include a cover letter when applying for jobs.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Subhuman Niceguy

Subhuman Niceguy

Luminary
★★★★★
I feel like millennials and Generation Zombie don't understand the importance of including a cover letter when they apply for jobs.

I feel like millennials and Generation Zombie don't understand the importance of including a cover letter when they apply for jobs.
I put some random bullshit down that was like 4 sentences, reworded slightly for each job app. And that's if they requested it. Many don't

As a hiring manager, I go straight to the resume. Ideally it should be a page or less (not 6 pages long)

About all I'd use the cover letter for, is to see if the candidate can write somewhat decently without tons of typos. Its content doesn't actually matter much. They're all gonna say generic bullshit like "I'm pursuing this opportunity to take the next step in my career, and look forward to hearing from you"

Here is an example of a cover letter (minus the specific contact information):

Dear Smith & Wesson management,

I would like to fill the available Senior Gun Tester position that was advertised in the May issue of Guns & Ammo. I have over six years of experience buying and selling guns, and I am a big advocate for Smith & Wesson products. My background is in retail and marketing, and at my last place of work I was hired as a foid hunter. I am a native of California, and I am well aware of all the laws regarding buying and selling guns in the state of California, which makes me an even better candidate for the Senior Gun Tester position. I graduated with a degree in Business from UC Santa Barbara, and I have taken courses on becoming a gunsmith. Feel free to contact me at any time by phone or by email.

Thank you for the opportunity,
Subhuman Niceguy

Here is an example of a cover letter (minus the specific contact information):

Dear Smith & Wesson management,

I would like to fill the available Senior Gun Tester position that was advertised in the May issue of Guns & Ammo. I have over six years of experience buying and selling guns, and I am a big advocate for Smith & Wesson products. My background is in retail and marketing, and at my last place of work I was hired as a foid hunter. I am a native of California, and I am well aware of all the laws regarding buying and selling guns in the state of California, which makes me an even better candidate for the Senior Gun Tester position. I graduated with a degree in Business from UC Santa Barbara, and I have taken courses on becoming a gunsmith. Feel free to contact me at any time by phone or by email.

Thank you for the opportunity,
Subhuman Niceguy
I capitalized the word "Business" when referring to the degree, because that is where you type the full name of your degree with capital letters. When referring to the degree in a generic way, you don't capitalize it.

Proud grammar Nazi

I put some random bullshit down that was like 4 sentences, reworded slightly for each job app. And that's if they requested it. Many don't

As a hiring manager, I go straight to the resume. Ideally it should be a page or less (not 6 pages long)

About all I'd use the cover letter for, is to see if the candidate can write somewhat decently without tons of typos. Its content doesn't actually matter much. They're all gonna say generic bullshit like "I'm pursuing this opportunity to take the next step in my career, and look forward to hearing from you"
Do you hire chads aswell?

i would never write a cover letter. its a matter of principle.

You can just use ChatGPT to write a cover letter now