Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Does anyone else really like stories that make them feel sad at the end?

Celius

Celius

-
Sometimes I like it when a movie makes me feel sad at the end. Helps me reflect on some things a little bit I guess and try to find meaning in my nonsensical life.

Same goes to games but very few games made me depressed or miserable at the end and I always cheered those very few that did.

This applies to books as well obviously. I can’t take a novel’s finale seriously if it doesn’t make me wanna almost kill myself. Let me put it that way.

It’s easy to make me laugh or scared but it takes a lot to make me cry for fiction.

Yes, every sad ending makes you beat yourself up against reality and understand that this is your everyday life. It is an almost masochistic instinct to see how despite all efforts, the character ends up being sacrificed, killed, cucked, imprisoned or in the purest dementia under the eternal yoke of how shitty society treats us.

Same movies like american beauty were very nice

I feel empty after finishing a good game tbh, if that's what you mean.

and understand that this is your everyday life.
I mean I won’t put it that way, lots of people live happy lives and they probably enjoy tragedy just as much as those of us with miseries but you’re not far off here.

self destructive behaviour tbh

No I love movies that make me coom in the end

self destructive behaviour tbh
It’s not like I deliberately seek out the most depressing shit that’s out there; if I wanted that, I’d have just observed my own life. I just really find tragical narratives to be the most touching of all. Happy games/movies/books with everybody-goes-home finales make me wanna throw up for how meaninglessly shallow and aimless they are. Only normies enjoy them.

@Grotesk, do you like depressing shit too?

i don't need depressing shit to feel sad, life is already a sad story

i don't need depressing shit to feel sad, life is already a sad story
Yeah but if you sit around and just feel depressed cause of your own life then that’d just be boring, wouldn’t it?

Give examples
For movies there’s too many of them but the most recent ones I watched were The Pianist and A Separation actually (first time ever watching it) and I thoroughly enjoyed both. Something about being drowned in sorrow by the end does it for me, idk what it is.

For TV shows, GoT Season 3 was pretty much just peak fiction with the red wedding imo.

For AAA games unlike indie titles there’s not much cause it’s being more and more targeted towards a broader demographic, they can’t take the chance of making depressing shit so they stick with the Marvel movies formula of putting out completely risk-free narratives. Some good examples tho are The Last of Us 1 & 2, Silent Hill 2, Shadow of the Colossus and TellTale’s Walking Dead.

For books, I really enjoyed Fight Club. It’s not really depressing and neither was the film but I’m finding it hard to finish. It makes me feel kinda hollow and empty when reading it and I like it.

I dont get sad anymore cuck

Yes,ropefuel songs are also my favorite