Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does someone became more sceptical about science?

NorthernWind

NorthernWind

Paragon
★★★★★
It seem to me that many 'scientific discoveries' are worthless and may be a way to get money from the state.

'We discovered a new giga superverse from the 14567790000000000000 light years from le earth. Can you just give more money for another similar discoveries?'.
'Le science helps us to discover hidden universes in remote galaxies but we still cannot explore the Earth's oceans and understand etiology of numerous illnesses what plague human life'.

More research is always needed.

Discovered another covid variant :soy:

Yes, science is largely a grift

Scientists who lean into sensationalism, alarmism, counter-intuitive headlines, etc., get a leg-up compared to most who just try and work normally. Since jobs in many sciences are quite limited, it leads to a rat race where science is less important than networking, marketing, and so on

Ultimately, scientists are in it to make money, and as we saw with COVID they will 100% bullshit if it gets them more funding

Then there are some 'sciences,' like psychology, which are almost completely made of bullshitting

Hard sciences are not worthless

I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE :soy:

Then there are some 'sciences,' like psychology, which are almost completely made of bullshitting
I have a book on psychology from 1962 and it's far more serious than writings people today associate with 'psychology'.
Today's psychology is mostly a low-rate moralfagging ( don't be toxic, avoid negative people :soy:, don't compare yourself with others :soy:, enjoy brief moments of happiness, do small acts of kindness :soy: ). Its basically low quality second rate moral preaching compared with 'high moral preaching' by some philosophers and Church preachers of the past.

I have a book on psychology from 1962 and it's far more serious than writings people today associate with 'psychology'.
Today's psychology is mostly a low-rate moralfagging ( don't be toxic, avoid negative people :soy:, don't compare yourself with others :soy:, enjoy brief moments of happiness, do small acts of kindness :soy: ). Its basically low quality second rate moral preaching compared with 'high moral preaching' by some philosophers and Church preachers of the past.
100%, good analogy

Hard sciences are not worthless
Astronomy is a hard science but discovering some star n1220000000000000000000 is quite pathetic. We still don't know many things about human condition but financing people who are interested in some remote galaxies when many ugly people suffer and even commit suicide shows how humanity is indifferent to suffering of its unfortunate members.
Maybe just finance money to erase an 'ugly gene', you faggits...

The whole mars bullshit is pretty disturbing. Billionaires are obsessed with mars and libshits encourage them to build a habitat there (despite constantly whining about the billionaires).

I think the ultra rich plan on destroying the earth and moving to mars if they can survive there.
They don't even know everything about the Earth or Moon but are interested in Mars.

The whole mars bullshit is pretty disturbing. Billionaires are obsessed with mars and libshits encourage them to build a habitat there (despite constantly whining about the billionaires).

I think the ultra rich plan on destroying the earth and moving to mars if they can survive there.
imagine you are a part of the super wealthy, you would want to relocate to a safe place away from the poor and diseased. it will be like elysim movie. its a security hazzard to stay among the poor. they will stay on mars and poorcels will be stuck on the dirty earth.

You're absolutely right. There's a lot of wasted time and money on things humanity doesn't need to currently know about. The argument in favor of all of this research is a purist one about the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake and how every piece of knowledge is valuable. I think that's cope to justify obscure fields of research that bear zero fruit when it comes to utility for humanity. The example you gave about astronomy captures this succinctly.

Research that does things like help make agriculture more efficient, develop more cost-effective engineering methods, or enhance day-to-day experiences are infinitely more valuable that researching things that will go into a knowledge vault that may or may not be drawn upon hundreds, possibly thousands, of years into the future when advanced practical technologies become commonplace. If we had FTL travel and could traverse the galaxy as easily as we could hop on a car and go from one corner of a city to the next, for example, then all of that astronomical research would be more immediately useful. We could study star systems right before we make pit stops there to see if there's anything of note, like minerals to mine from an asteroid belt, or if the star has any interesting properties like emitting a high proportion of rare isotopes that could be useful for energy consumption or other physics experiments.

Great opportunity to use this image I saw on twitter last week
Soyence

It seem to me that many 'scientific discoveries' are worthless and may be a way to get money from the state.

'We discovered a new giga superverse from the 14567790000000000000 light years from le earth. Can you just give more money for another similar discoveries?'.
'Le science helps us to discover hidden universes in remote galaxies but we still cannot explore the Earth's oceans and understand etiology of numerous illnesses what plague human life'.
Keep believing in soyence goym

Hank from vlogbrothers made that song unironically too. I thought it was a joke but it's real.
I like VlogBrother’s videos on history but anything they try to say politically or on science is soycuck nonsense.