Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Meme Doomer interest in retro 80s Japanese import cars (AE86)

Pennywise

Pennywise

Take the Blue Pill
-
Has anyone else here noticed this?

Is this because of watching anime?

Literally every doomer meme has the guy driving something like this:

Med 1555943309 image

Toyota A86 (on the left). They aren't cheap, by the way. They start at like $18000 for a good one. Also why do doomers always live in really tall apartment buildings? Maybe some memes are just weird stories that are never made to make complete sense.

I've met people like doomers, but I've never met someone I would consider an archetypal doomer. I'm an old doomercel, but I like retro American cars, not Japanese.

over for basically initialDcels

Download 4

Add longer and even weirder looking hair and basically thats my self pic lol. Safe to say its been over for a long fucking awhile :cryfeels::cryfeels:

Has anyone else here noticed this?

Is this because of watching anime?

Literally every doomer meme has the guy driving something like this:

View attachment 226822

Toyota A86 (on the left). They aren't cheap, by the way. They start at like $18000 for a good one. Also why do doomers always live in really tall apartment buildings? Maybe some memes are just weird stories that are never made to make complete sense.

I've met people like doomers, but I've never met someone I would consider an archetypal doomer. I'm an old doomercel, but I like retro American cars, not Japanese.

inb4 @LastGerman look it's a car

I wish I could drive.

lol i have a x230
t420 here, boss. The last of the T series to use a real keyboard, and not chiclet keys. I actually replaced the keyboard on this once because I broke some keys. Now its as good as new. The only other thing I want to do to it is the SSD :feelsokman:

i don't really care about the keyboard, the x230 was the only one i could get my hand on it, i just care about having a fully FOSS machine
I was just spoiled with those old "clicky" keyboards that came out in the 80s and 90s. IBM made the best ones. They're just so comfortable on your fingertips. I used a knockoff but it was pretty still damn good and lasted like two decades.

Same about FOSS. I am not a m$zombie. To me nothing is more cringey than spending hundreds on a laptop every 2-3 years just to run the latest windows, especially if you are into gaming. The only gaming I do, when I feel up to it thesedays, is retro. Like the game BLOOD and other cool BUILD engine games were timeless classics.

I think when you become a real Doomer, basically everything comes down to nostalgia. There's nothing left to do, but reminisce, and dissociate yourself into a past that may or may not have ever existed for you. Playing old games, looking at old photos, watching old movies, whatever. You do this and then cry yourself to sleep every night in a messy room. I remember the more I learned about the Doomer meme, the more I realised that is exactly what I am like :feelskek: .

I meant to say AREN'T into gaming.

If you are into gaming I get it. The stupid game companies have been in bed with M$hit for decades now. Like only 10% of games on STEAM you can actually play on linux. But if you mostly just use the internet, school stuff, work stuff, maybe some graphics developing, basic 3d rendering or whatever, lite gaming oldschool with dosbox etc, linux has you covered. You don't need a new computer every 3 years to run the latest windows. Linux is good on most machines for at least 6-8 years. At LEAST. I know people who have been using the same laptop for like 18 years running lightweight linux distros.

What a shitbox