Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Dream I Once Had About Time Travelling To The Future

• Thread starter universallyabhorred
  • Start date
universallyabhorred

universallyabhorred

Banned
-
Over the course of my life, I have had numerous dreams of myself. I have time travelled to past situations, been to alternate dimensions and met alternate versions of my family. Most of my dreams are extremely vivid like watching things in 4k, they are so vivid that I can't even remember or visualize them clearly during my waking hours. What makes this dream interesting was the level of detail involved in conceptualizing the future, most of which I don't particulary remember along with the fact I was aware of having time travelled and trying to get back.

It starts with me time travelling to the future, potentially as an experiment by my alternate family/relations/future descendants, they generally avoid giving me details so I am stumbling around and observing things. The most striking thing is that most people have been biologically modified by technology, but not in an obvious way. Everything is complicated, even going outside everyone can be somehow detected and it's very clear if someone who's not meant to be there is. Many of the houses, sidewalks look normal except for the fact they have numerous features that people actually use think of everything having features like a smart phone, stuff like the sidewalk, fire hydrants, buildings. I actually went outside and people were staring at me, but more than that there was a sense of fear going into certain areas as though they were dangerous and people didn't simply walk there freely. There were robot police or potentially enforcement squad, and they could tell I wasn't supposed to be there. When talking to people they would literally ignore me, laugh at me or stare, they knew I wasn't from there. Apparently the technology to learn immense volumes of information almost immediately existed but for some reason I wasn't given much information about the new world I was in, I assume what the people who brought me to the future did was illegal.

This is a shitty story due to the fact most of my memories were lost or removed and I even suspected I would not remember the things I saw in the dream when I was there. So basically, imagine a future where everyone's a cyborg, there's still massive crime and extreme survelliance, people are organized into a complex formalized social hierarchy, intelligence is still prided and valued but not as important as today due to technology, there's both a dystopian and utopian sense to it, the technological progression is enormous but it's still largely corrupt and used in a negative way, human greed, selfishness and corruption still remains despite having sci-fi tier technology. That seems to be one possible future if climate change doesn't permanently demodernize society.