Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Expansion of the Universe and the Center of the Universe

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
★★★★★
Question for AstrophysicsCels

If the Universe is expanding, then it would make sense that there is a "center point" where everything is moving away from. But most articels say that this is not the case.
From my understanding, the space itself is expanding and thus there is no "central point".

Am I wrong?
If yes, explain so I can understand
full

The inevitable end will be Heat Death.

Who cares about the center? We can't even leave our own galaxy due to the expansion being FTL.

Ive never seen outer space myself and hence dont believe in it

Question for AstrophysicsCels

If the Universe is expanding, then it would make sense that there is a "center point" where everything is moving away from. But most articels say that this is not the case.
From my understanding, the space itself is expanding and thus there is no "central point".

Am I wrong?
If yes, explain so I can understand
full
Never heard of this. Didn’t know space expanded, how is this even possible?

I heard from Brian Cox on an episode of QI that the Big Bang essentially took place and is still taking place everywhere in the Universe.

- Tangent: The image displayed on the screen during the question is the Hubble Deep Field image, which contains the oldest known galaxy, which is 13.2 billion light-years away. As the Earth is 5 billion years old, the planet has not been around for most of its existence. The Big Bang began in every point in space.

Last edited:
Cope.

Chad experienced happiness, we didn't
Cucked way of thinking, when the clock is ticking Toward the absolute Nothingness!
Whether you like it or not.

Everything that you DO, or DONT Do, will be Meaningless in the End.
The Ego gives a sense of self absorption, it will hinder what is objectively true.

Just accept, you are one spec, im also another spec.
The will is One, and its core the misery of ALL wrecks in this conceptualization of heLL.

You are right. They claim there is no center and the expansion and "big bang" happens everywhere all at once.

Interesting question brocel.
The point is that there is no centre of the universe and they aren't expanding "into" anything.

Imagine you are in a room and a huge block of ice is kept at the centre. As time passes by the ice melts and the subsequent water expands into the room.
The reason that ice can expand into the room is because there is space in the room

So what is the universe "expanding" into?
Nothing.There is no space outside of the universe for it to expand into..It makes new matter and expands into that is one easy way of visualising it
It's a hard concept to grasp because we as humans are grounded in a 3 dimensional reality

Therefore we are used to the concept of a beginning and end
There is no beginning or centre point in the universe.

Whichever position u stand in the university is the centre.

earth is the centre of the universe just as much as any other planet on any other galaxy

Once the big bang happened matter came to be .It didn't have any starting or ending

Always remembered the universe is under no obligation to make sense of by us pesky humans

Ooops

Ok this is the right one

I heard from Brian Cox on an episode of QI that the Big Bang essentially took place and is still taking place everywhere in the Universe.

That actually makes a lot of sense

Cucked way of thinking, when the clock is ticking Toward the absolute Nothingness!
Whether you like it or not.

Everything that you DO, or DONT Do, will be Meaningless in the End.
The Ego gives a sense of self absorption, it will hinder what is objectively true.

Just accept, you are one spec, im also another spec.
The will is One, and its core the misery of ALL wrecks in this conceptualization of heLL.
Cope chad fucks, we don't

In some youtube short I watched

Supposedly right now there is an event happening called the great attraction.

Our solar system is actually travelling 600 kilometres per second, so is out entire milky way and other galaxies, its all getting dragged together closer and closer to what is called "the great attractor"

They have no idea what it is other than that it exists and is attracting everything towards it.

Cope chad fucks, we don't
Not saying otherwise, this just sucks!
That´s why one SHOULD aspiER to stay NEET and give NOTHING in Return.

Interesting question brocel.
The point is that there is no centre of the universe and they aren't expanding "into" anything.

Imagine you are in a room and a huge block of ice is kept at the centre. As time passes by the ice melts and the subsequent water expands into the room.
The reason that ice can expand into the room is because there is space in the room

So what is the universe "expanding" into?
Nothing.There is no space outside of the universe for it to expand into..It makes new matter and expands into that is one easy way of visualising it
It's a hard concept to grasp because we as humans are grounded in a 3 dimensional reality

Therefore we are used to the concept of a beginning and end
There is no beginning or centre point in the universe.

Whichever position u stand in the university is the centre.

earth is the centre of the universe just as much as any other planet on any other galaxy

Once the big bang happened matter came to be .It didn't have any starting or ending

Always remembered the universe is under no obligation to make sense of by us pesky humans
I remember Steven Hawking saying it's like asking what asking what is "before" Big Bang is like asking what is North of North pole

The centre of the universe is me.

That's not how it works the universe is everything everywhere all at the same time

Imagine if your are a 2d being on the surface of a balloon

You won't know how it's expanding and where the centre is
Images 27

That's not how it works the universe is everything everywhere all at the same time

Imagine if your are a 2d being on the surface of a balloon

You won't know how it's expanding and where the centre is
View attachment 1124270
Ok but what if the universe is the same size but everything is shrinking so it looks like it's expanding? So in the big bang, everything had infinite size

Earth is flat.

Space is fake and gay.... A jewish psyop.

The centre of the universe is me.
There is Truth to this statement.
Since it takes a point of view(consciousness) to be aware of space, object and time.
Therefore the universe is BOTH Real, whilst a product of your Imagination.