Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion focus on decent job or go to university and get even better job?

heimi233

heimi233

Greycel
I've been thinking what's better: focusing on (somewhat) decent job where I can earn decent money (for example as a forklift or gantry crane operator) or study at university, get a degree and have the chance to get into better work with even better earnings

But there's a catch in the second one: it's only possible if I go for engineer studies like electrical/mechanical engineering, mechatronics etc. cause studies like sociology are quite useless.

Any ideas?

get a degree and have the chance to get into better work with even better earnings
That's what your average boomer parents will tell you, but the reality is very different. Blue collar workers are making insane amounts of money while college students struggle to find a job.

But there's a catch in the second one: it's only possible if I go for engineer studies like electrical/mechanical engineering, mechatronics etc. cause studies like sociology are quite useless.
ALL of these degrees are useless unless you get a phd. The market is oversaturated with STEM grads.
That's what your average boomer parents will tell you, but the reality is very different. Blue collar workers are making insane amounts of money while college students struggle to find a job.
:yes: :yes: :yes: I recommend OP become a HVAC technician, electrician, or plumber or something. Tons of money.

ALL of these degrees are useless unless you get a phd. The market is oversaturated with STEM grads.
:yes: correct

Every dork on the planet has a degree nowadays, but try finding someone who can do your plumbing or fix your roof ... good luck.

truth, you also have the option to create your own company.

And then you will be taxed and there goes your income.

:yes: :yes::yes::yes:
Now when they say get a degree they mean get a PhD or Masters degree. It's fucking bullshit nowadays. If you are good with your hands, can work with tools, and can do physical labor start doing blue collar work. If you are high IQ go to college to get a medical degree, law degree, or become a professor