Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel For programmercels, ChatGPT won't replace you after all (this guy says.)

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Overlord
★★★★★
Thoughts:feelsjuice:?

Tbh, the first comment there pretty much sums up what I've been thinking:

Sigh. We went through this already when compilers were first invented.

People said we’d need far less programmers because managers can now read and write programs in an English-like syntax and be more productive than programmers writing in assembly. Programmers could be 10-50x more productive writing in a high level language than writing in assembly. Therefore we’d need 10-50x less programmers.

That. Did. Not. Happen. People merely started building and maintaining more complex projects. From Pong to Grand Theft Auto 5. Why would yet another “10x booster” (gpt is honestly more like a 1-10% booster) suddenly change everything?

The history of the field is filled with tools that have 10-50X’d our productivity. From machine language to assembly, to COBOL, to Java, python etc… To git, to AWS, Azure… I think you get the point already. Every new tool was promised to reduce demand for software development as a profession. Instead the demand for software increased and therefore the demand for software *developers*. Because software becomes increasingly more powerful and useful.

Some guys might face the very real possibility of losing their jobs, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the biggest result of those AI chatbots becoming so big and accessible would be the explosion of productivity of a single programmer, with even small companies now capable of doing stuff just a few select giants would've been able to do just a few years ago.

Some guys might face the very real possibility of losing their jobs, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the biggest result of those AI chatbots becoming so big and accessible would be the explosion of productivity of a single programmer, with even small companies now capable of doing stuff just a few select giants would've been able to do just a few years ago.
Yes, basically programmers will be able to do more work, but this also means there won't be as much demand overall as AI gets complex enough. But it will never be a complete replacement.

good for them but i think that some STEM are definitely going to lose their jobs in the futur.

@Transcended Trucel

good for them but i think that some STEM are definitely going to lose their jobs in the futur.

@Transcended Trucel
Why do you think that despite what OP said?

for every word I read, I watched a second of your video

It probably will replace the foids and diversity hires tbh

Why do you think that despite what OP said?
a programmer primary job isn't rote programming, it's development and oversight but a lot of programmers have rote programming jobs so these ones will probably lose their jobs due to AI.

also, i heard that AI is literally taking the job of some writers and artists so not only STEMcels are endangered by this new AI

Sounds like cope
>we have an ai that can almost do your job
>DURR THATS LIKE THATS LIKE MUH COMPILERS!!!!!!

Cope, seethe, and dilate programmertrannies

Balding

Lots of stemcels just cope about ai because they’ve invested so much into stemceling

Yes of course it’s going to take their jobs. It’s going to make the job market worse for stemcels. It will effect salaries. But just like the blackpill, it’s too brutal for people to accept.

Only total retards and soy consumers think AI(language models) will replace programmers when all they can do right now is copy+paste from stackoverflow :feelshaha: . A lot of the time they can't even do that and just make fake shit up.

yup the AI will take all the jobs within 20 years.

@Transcended Trucel
Probably the next 5-10 years are safe for now though.
Only total retards and soy consumers think AI(language models) will replace programmers when all they can do right now is copy+paste from stackoverflow :feelshaha: . A lot of the time they can't even do that and just make fake shit up.
That is the case for now. But you have to remember a computer's processing power grows exponentially as Moore's law says. This too applies to AI. Give it enough time and optimization... And there will be nothing left for humans.

it's essentially the second industrial revolution. We won't be replaced but we will be way more productive.

I dont give a shit if some cubicle wagies lose their jobs :feelsjuice:
True and also seeing trannies dilating and seething is pure gold.
rG6zvDpPiIZk1KlENbkG7CD4DiNKL3zvNONy_vyrF7NWgJfhZp7ruXTtotzoY-p2IbMPbcBMJkMRaG9q9qw8Ebtp3mvDIN-Gsk3OoOIL0bQ6cYsuoo4cqvtAb_n6xeGe_3RNXTp1ReZ-2ukt3Uk1kfXyPfO3dvuiz0u_k3NUC2v5ke0beaf_oZTNBjzD7Itsj3ehn2MdmIFNiYBOZXA-_97cJLGxcjR4ZgtOrFXZ6c52IcSr1QG0G7h7Txv6AgxuzPmcthxowI7WE3_eaTPIi2wWtHFBpMCP_50EXFTLMSf3FF6A4SbBV5w3scp3QJVhljqsKZBZZQsiyJpckYTwtwEWmw6nVJoBHDNPCRUoEZ_Ou3aN8KeZCDT0FMwtosOjf_9mC-eR7JcU3-l_FMBye_jgTPfrFSN7XMjk4xGvMxK1rbabrn1x3nlh0T7zneVxiAQaE7Hdn6VN-BvdzzD3RBsLOBgx42mqZX9zaSC7-cMEDKi35UFmnCAASPFd64_xsxLp-IhZPYA8ZbCC8sU5L2JDMU6lfAzYm3obqk8ERiRB10YwYqJC3Ks0I7zsexCFo5vnaFEY2qLArvORBbGEudOUERq6lC-x8xQ9__RpWmxNi4Iv8qRLvRHGv6D6ZDngYuRTg1d6swHlvgLTO_-QLeiaa3M9-4EzrgSTEENCuhCQx897IdFVXZzsK75W3SbF9KS84lFUgdVYlDf-DzDfet2ki798Lg1iYOb54_R79PvJKD46yBwKy5tNMVlTDiZV_uuEPN8q5bZ8n7alcJlKHb8hna0bX0SmB61tKsE_kI-1WbgWMPDEC3oX3YCmAakjrp3rH45oLvpWYLAsp9Z6i9_PP_MQ2BGYqnT4HySDf-f1KKj-1ItDQkBQSsBtcx-cSYHGC2UjJPG4oHAqNN4X_RqwqoaGaCj50RyurkI_X-ENiNfS=w1080-h815-s-no

I'm a programmercel and even if ChatGPT could replace all my programming, it would still only do about 20% of the "real actual work".

Most of it is fluff work, meetings, responding to emails, arguing with stupid coworkers, testing stuff, waiting for shit to get deployed. Just reproducing a bug, and figuring out what to do about it is like 90% of the effort.

i didn't watch the video but any half decent programmer knows it won't completely replace their job. chatgpt is like stack overflow on steroids but also gets some things wrong sometimes. someone has to put the pieces of code together and make sure that it actually does what it is supposed to, same as ever.