Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Former Facebook exec admits that it and others are "ripping apart the social fabric"

blickpall

blickpall

O T L
-
Taken from Reddit, #1 on the front page.

'Former Facebook exec: "I think we have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works. The short-term, dopamine-driven feedback loops we’ve created are destroying how society works. No civil discourse, no cooperation; misinformation, mistruth. You are being programmed" '

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/7j31he/former_facebook_exec_i_think_we_have_created/

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMotykw0SIk&feature=youtu.be&t=1282[/video]

RE: Former Facebook exec admits that it is "ripping apart the social fabric"

Not just Facebook, but also all the other (anti)social networks it paved the way for. Particularly Instagram. Now every THOT thinks they're a super model for getting a few likes there. Women's egos are inflating to narcissism levels never before thought to be possible.

Solitarian_Walker said:
Not just Facebook, but also all the other (anti)social networks it paved the way for. Particularly Instagram. Now every THOT thinks they're a super model for getting a few likes there. Women's egos are inflating to narcissism levels never before thought to be possible.

Agreed, I just couldn't fit the full phrasing ("it and other platforms") in the title without making it sound click-baity by leaving stuff out.

Richard Dawkins once had the genius idea of describing memes (e.g. ideas, beliefs, religious and cultural norms, etc.) as cultural analogs to genes; both replicating, mutating and responding to selective pressures. Some have an advantage when it comes to replicating, some have a disadvantage when it comes to replicating. 

I don't know the exact wording anymore but he says something along the lines of "turned up speakers." Teachers, college professors, "activists", artists, religious figures and of course journalists are essentially the "meme replicators" of the ruling class; the latter handing the former these "turned up speakers" so they replicate those (and ONLY those!) memes the ruling class wants to see being replicated. 

With the internet, there was a short period of time where dissident memes could be replicated, and the ruling class dislikes that, obviously. Hence, the internet is pretty much getting shut down now and soon we'll only have the darknet. A bunch of Silicon Valley billionaires doesn't give a fuck about the "social fabric" - that's just a way to make censorship and the silencing of dissident voices sound smart and cultivated. If you want to make both conservatives and liberals agree with these kinds of censorship and silencing, you just have to mix some feminism with a dose of cultural pessimism (about the good ol' days of the "social fabric".)

All the social media creators have been incel themselves. They created a world that ruthlessly tramples their kind and the world treats them like heroes. I’d take away all their assets if I could and use them to feed starving kids in Africa.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back