Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Gaming laptop or desktop?

Laptop/TV or Desktop

• Get the gaming laptop and TV

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Get the Desktop obviously!

Votes: 51 86.4%

• Total voters
Alone75

Alone75

Legend
★★★
I only have my tablet and phone at the moment. I really want to get a decent 17 inch gaming laptop and a new 40/43 inch 4k TV for my cave. But I might just get a top intel i7 with a RTX 2070 or 80 with a 4k 28 inch monitor and plug my amazon firestick 4k [that doesn't get used] from the downstairs TV in a spare monitor hdmi port.

I'd prefer the laptop and TV really, what do you guys think I should do?

i prefer desktops but that's just me

i prefer desktops but that's just me

I might just do that, I could get a decent liquid cooled cyberpower i7 with at least 16gb ram and a 2070 RTX, decent monitor for under £2'000.

At least it'll be more upgradable and future proof I guess.

@Blacktarpill what is your opinion on this

a desktop is going to be so much better for gaming and have a better presentation in the man cave. make sure to save up for a good monitor as well, don't skimp as the TN panels don't look as crisp and can give headaches.

But laptops can be okay for the portability. They tend to be easier to hook up to tvs and it's nice to be able to just lay down and surf the web on it. If you're in school and/or going to be traveling a lot, i'd say this is the better choice. can still game the higher class versions of laptops. Some brands even come with an external graphics card option.

it's a question of portability vs power. both have merit! I recommend both.

Last edited:
a desktop is going to be so much better for gaming and have a better presentation in the man cave. make sure to save up for a good monitor as well, don't skimp as the TN panels don't look as crisp and can give headaches.

But laptops can be okay as well for portability. They tend to be easier to hook up to tvs and it's nice to be able to just lay down and surf the web on it. If you're in school and/or going to be traveling a lot, i'd say this is the better choice. can still game the higher class versions of laptops. Some brands even come with an external graphics card option.

it's a question of portability vs power. both have merit! I recommend both.
Tbh this, choose desktop if you don't need portability.

Wtf this is not even a question, get desktop + cheap laptop

First of all, “man cave”is a cringey boomer term.

Second, while you cope with multi thousand dollar PC setups, Chad is using a cracked screen iPhone 7 to get loads of pussy while you LDAR in front of a screen working on your LCD-tan. Chad doesn’t even have a laptop, or pc for that matter.

Desktop + used Thinkpad.

First of all, “man cave”is a cringey boomer term.

Second, while you cope with multi thousand dollar PC setups, Chad is using a cracked screen iPhone 7 to get loads of pussy while you LDAR in front of a screen working on your LCD-tan. Chad doesn’t even have a laptop, or pc for that matter.

Yeah, no shit. But I gotta cope somehow!
Desktop + used Thinkpad.

I already have a good phone and a Samsung S4 Tab, I might just get the desktop. The bigger screen plus just using the monitor for amazon prime and other apps would be cool I guess. As long as it supports 4k and hdr.

Get two desktop systems.

1. Gaming system - I9 9900K or 9700K so you don´t bottlenecked on 1080p and can play with high refresh rates with a powerful dedicated gpu.

2. LDAR TV system - Cheap low end kaby/coffee lake intel pentium or i3 to save money. Connect to a dedicated TV and use a wireless keyboard/mouse so you can control the PC while laying in bed. The integrated intel gpu is perfect for watching videos and streaming. Such a system can be built for very little money.

Laptops are a waste of money. They get thermally throttled while gaming and have a horrible resale value. The CPU and GPU are gimped and don´t come near the performance of desktop components.

Whatever you were gonna watch on TV you can watch on the desktop tbh.

Gaming desktop.

Unless you plan of moving out from your house desktop is much better.

Desktop and build it yourself.

I currently am posting on the forums with a gaming laptop that I got a gift from my parents. I'm hoping to save up some money to get a gaming PC/Desktop in the future.

Build a gaming pc for like $750 it's easy af I did it

Desktop for sure easier to upgrade in the future as well

I got a gaming laptop finally, 5800h, 3070 rtx, 16GB ram is the sweet spot and good value I reckon. I will probably get a decent 4k monitor soon to watch video and some games too [being as I broke the screen on my upstairs 4k tv] and a PC tower later with the latest tech in 18 months or so.

I only have my tablet and phone at the moment. I really want to get a decent 17 inch gaming laptop and a new 40/43 inch 4k TV for my cave. But I might just get a top intel i7 with a RTX 2070 or 80 with a 4k 28 inch monitor and plug my amazon firestick 4k [that doesn't get used] from the downstairs TV in a spare monitor hdmi port.

I'd prefer the laptop and TV really, what do you guys think I should do?
Obviously desktop

Obviously desktop
Laptops overheat and break very easily if you don't pay enough attention to quality in the store. Desktop, you can use for 10-20 years and change the parts you need most upgraded.

laptops are sleeker and more performance

get the laptop. less electricity consumption.

desktop unless you travel a lot

laptops are sleeker and more performance

They are these days, desktop grade processor and decent 3070 rtx graphics and my laptop flies. I don't really need a desktop tbh, just be nice to have a bigger screen.

Desktop for sure easier to upgrade in the future as well

XD

nowadays I think a lto of monitors can double as TVs and vice versa, lines are blurring

I've been a pure desktop fanatic for forever (what am I going to do, browse my laptop in a coffee shop like chad?) but my vies are beginning to change

I think it depends on control you have over your environment. Desktop is perfect if:
1) the room it's in is quiet/cool
2) you have a comfortable ergonomic chair

however if there's shit like bad chair, laptop lets you do shit like lie in various postures on a bed browsing comp, which is nice

also if your room is loud/hot then having the option to take your laptop to other rooms (or even a local library or restaurant with wifi) is probably good

you can use desktops with tv's aswell. That's what I'm doing. I have a small tv on my desk that is connected to my computer and Xbox

desktop's do last longer tho

RTX is a good choice, I have the 2080 myself