Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Has the human kind come to a standstill?

AverageBloke

AverageBloke

Banned
-
What's the single greatest moment in the recorded human history? Think of something. I'm sure that it's something that happened many decades ago. It's amazing to me that mankind's greatest achievements to date were accomplished over 40 years ago. I have more computing power in my pocket than the entire Apollo 11 mission carried, and all I do with it is play Candy Crush

As soon as the developed world lost the real hunger, it also lost the metaphorical hunger.

The rush towards WW-II produced enormous advancements in nuclear energy & computing. The race during Cold War helped produce space mission, Internet and advanced jets.

There is no such big rush now. There are no Japs or Commies right on the doors. The most expensive wars in US history have barely affected the common people (with drafts or drills). The developed world is living in an era of unprecedented peace & prosperity (despite the dent created by the recession), leaving people less motivated to tackle the major problems. The world is just getting more boring.

Sometimes I wonder what the fuck we're doing as a civilization these days. If it weren't for the Higgs Boson and plummeting global poverty levels, I'd think we were moving backwards.

we need to use the fact that there are still blacks and jews on this planet to spur technological inventions that allows us to colonise new planets

You’re not a part of civilization, so stop pontificating on matters that don’t concern you

Because great things happened daily and so many of them happening so there is no "breakthrough" just steadily rising the ceiling :bigbrain:

The human mind has reached it's limit with Quantum Mechanics. Core physics has not progressed since the 1920s.