Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment have u drove a moped? Is it worth it?

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Peace & Dharma ; Vishwaguru India!
★★★★★
I have rode one a few times but haven't used it for long enough to make a good judgement. I am thinking of buying 1 to get around da Citi and avoid traffic a bit. Car is sometimes too fucking annoying to haul it around.

I have 2 concerns with moped maxxijg tho:
  • theft
  • accident risk
anyone used these mopeds for an extended period of time? worth it?

Are you allowed to drive that on the sidewalks in NYC? That’s what matters the most. Although I doubt you have garages there, and theft would be inevitable as you already said.

I have heard of electric scooters, the chinese ones at least, they are basically normie means of transportation as of now

50cc for the win bro!

Ama about them!

Bikes with motors?
Gear or friction?
Real scooters?

No insurance, no paperwork... At least here...

Cheap gas. 80-100 mpg!

Mine goes 50+mph! (Downhill;;) it has no governor!

Look it via cables through the wheels... Cover with a tarp! Or bring it inside.

My moped bikes are inside. My scooter is outside. (My ramp is too weak for it)

Oh yeah. Real scooter is cheap.

And they are easy AF to fix... Maintain.

Are you allowed to drive that on the sidewalks in NYC? That’s what matters the most. Although I doubt you have garages there, and theft would be inevitable as you already said.
I don't think so but I've seen people use it to park on the side walk no issur

Oh yeah. Real scooter is cheap.

And they are easy AF to fix... Maintain.
people steal them too much in my area to have ebike or escooter. I was thinking a heavier 50 cc moped is safer
50cc for the win bro!

Ama about them!

Bikes with motors?
Gear or friction?
Real scooters?

No insurance, no paperwork... At least here...

Cheap gas. 80-100 mpg!

Mine goes 50+mph! (Downhill;;) it has no governor!

Look it via cables through the wheels... Cover with a tarp! Or bring it inside.

My moped bikes are inside. My scooter is outside. (My ramp is too weak for it)
sounds good. I will look into buying one
I have heard of electric scooters, the chinese ones at least, they are basically normie means of transportation as of now
yeah those are very common. My problem with them is that I can't park anywhere without a heavy lock or some scum will rob it

find a yamaha chappy and make everyone seethe

people steal them too much in my area to have ebike or escooter. I was thinking a heavier 50 cc moped is safer

sounds good. I will look into buying one

yeah those are very common. My problem with them is that I can't park anywhere without a heavy lock or some scum will rob it
Basically, a moped is more like a bicycle. You can also pedal it. But it's heavy and hellish. But weighs about ~< 100/pounds. It gets more than 125 miles per gallon but only goes 30/mph. It uses standard bike parts.

A real 50cc gas motor scooter is like a small motorcycle. Mine weights almost 300 pounds! It uses scooter parts but they are cheap.

Check laws first otherwise you might required a license insurance and tags. Even for 50cc tiny scooter! Sometimes moped- motorized bicycle is cheaper. And you can bring it inside easily. Unlike a heavy scooter.

My brand new 50cc generic Chinese scooter was $700 delivered, from Amazon.

My 50cc Honda, friction drive, motorized bicycle engine kit cost $700 shipped. Staton inc. Plus the regular bicycle was $1000 with all the cool parts and stuff.

On my recumbent it was $2000 for a full fairing bike and trailer. Plus $700 for the engine kit.

The scooter is cheaper and far more durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back