Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel How are people so driven in life?

LostSoulUK

LostSoulUK

Officer
★★
I've never comprehended how people are so driven and goal orientated in life, like what is their secret to success that we're missing?. I know looks are a factor, but I'm talkin day to day executive functioning. Most people always seem to have a plan of action, things to look forward to and goals they achieve.

I just don't understand how people can be so forward thinking in life, maybe it's a trait of losers like us to lack this critical understanding to get us were we need to be. I think most of us are so consumed by our mental health and our unfortunate circumstances that we're clouded in our vision, so we're forever stuck in this paradox of eternal stagnation. How do we attempt to mitigate this, to change our life for the better in some meaningful way, were do we even begin :whatfeels: .

They have something to live for i don't

Being validated positively by other people since birth will do that for you

probably wouldnt be this bad if could get some loving non obese pussy.

Something To Live For I guess. An anchor that keeps them stand, unlike me.

The secret

Driven people are rewarded. They chase women and eventually get a date or sex. They piss around
at work and within a few years get promotions. They get rewarded for trying.

Maslow.
47143-les-trucs-pointus-l-jules-csar-alain-chabat-mission-clopatre-vido-astrix-et-oblix-cinma-france-multi-mdia.gif

They have something to live for i don't
A sense of purpose is everything in this world, most of us have nothing but nobody

Our upbringing builds a foundation for success for sure, some people were born into loving families with a bounty of resources at their disposal

This and also them still being bluepilled. There are a lot of bluepilled incels. Just look at reddit
Their social and economic success is in stark contrast to ours. I think small goals is our best approach, I've always had an issue with this as I get so overwhelmed with how to move forward in life. Like many others, I'm guilty of excuse after excuse to avoid taking ownership of my failings in life.

We bury our head in the sand and now we're sinking in quick sand with no one to save us.

BECAUSE THEY ARE FUCKING SEX HAVERS :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee: :reeeeee:

The secret

Driven people are rewarded. They chase women and eventually get a date or sex. They piss around
at work and within a few years get promotions. They get rewarded for trying.
It seems like ever person in society is achieving something in life. At work I constantly hear people boast about their successes, their driving test they passed or their fancy holidays. They always seem to have something to look forward to, it's like they're immune to suffering.

They literally run on auto-pilot, they don't think or second guess anything, they just do it were as we bury our head in the sand or use excuses to justify our failings.

The average normie gets positive reinforcement simply by existing.

Growing older, getting a career, having relationships, these are all part of the process that normies are chauffeured to with their neurotypical brains, typically normal families, their friends that make sure they're integrated into the community, their romances that they fall into without putting much effort in...

This is completely natural, it's a part of the process for them. They don't have to think about it because their community will guide them and make sure they are on the right track no matter what.

Incels have none of this because they are cast away from a community. There is no 'guiding light' per se because a lot of incels either have dysfunctional families, neurodivergent traits, no friends and certainly no love experience. Nobody is there to cushion you or guide you or show you a light at the end of the tunnel. There is no reward or promise for incels; for normies this is what allows them to persist because they are bombarded with evidence that their efforts have merit.

Exactly. You need to have a destination you want to get to and a path to get there. Otherwise you are just lost and wander around.

The average normie gets positive reinforcement simply by existing.

Growing older, getting a career, having relationships, these are all part of the process that normies are chauffeured to with their neurotypical brains, typically normal families, their friends that make sure they're integrated into the community, their romances that they fall into without putting much effort in...

This is completely natural, it's a part of the process for them. They don't have to think about it because their community will guide them and make sure they are on the right track no matter what.

Incels have none of this because they are cast away from a community. There is no 'guiding light' per se because a lot of incels either have dysfunctional families, neurodivergent traits, no friends and certainly no love experience. Nobody is there to cushion you or guide you or show you a light at the end of the tunnel. There is no reward or promise for incels; for normies this is what allows them to persist because they are bombarded with evidence that their efforts have merit.
high IQ post. Most people have constant validation from those around them which is a breeding ground for success. It's almost like they're on auto pilot from one success to another. We don't have that luxury, we don't even have the bare minimum. Essentially, this is why we bury our heads in the sand and ruminate to oblivion.

Someone at work passed her driving test, posted it on social media and received 300 likes. Whenever someone has a baby, the organisation throws a baby shower party at the companies expense. Someone's always getting married, going on holiday or achieving something in life that we can only dream of. It's almost like everyone operates on another planet from us. This is the clown world we live in, a world which we are not invited. I tick all those boxes you refer to: no friends tick, dysfunctional family tick, neurodivergent traits tick, no love tick, mental health tick :whatfeels: .

Simple answer:
Cause they are not BlackPilled.

As soon as you swallow the Black Pill, You´ll realize that being ´motivated´ or ´driven´ in life, won´t get you anywhere.
You will stay in the same spot, from where you started.
Money is a Man-made idea

they aren't

mostly they just drift through life and things come easily to them

then they claim they're 'driven' bc retarded

They had positive feedback / reinforcement from the time they were kids to their adulthoods, also (more than likely) had two parent-household as well as a healthy social life (not saying all, but it's a major factor)... and of course... decent to great looks / height, etc. If it was like a checklist of qualities / attributes, they signed off on all while we may have had a few checks or none at all. This is why I hate when retards suggest everyone is born equal / has the same chance in life as the next .. just because, and then blame you for when you complain / ask "why" when you're having hard times. Society is unforgiving. Genetics are truly the key (lottery) on whether or not you "make it" or "break it" and fall thru the cracks.

They had positive feedback / reinforcement from the time they were kids to their adulthoods, also (more than likely) had two parent-household as well as a healthy social life (not saying all, but it's a major factor)... and of course... decent to great looks / height, etc. If it was like a checklist of qualities / attributes, they signed off on all while we may have had a few checks or none at all. This is why I hate when retards suggest everyone is born equal / has the same chance in life as the next .. just because, and then blame you for when you complain / ask "why" when you're having hard times. Society is unforgiving. Genetics are truly the key (lottery) on whether or not you "make it" or "break it" and fall thru the cracks.
ye lifestyle and status typically corresponds with genetics in life. It's no coincidence that attractive people have the most attractive lifestyle that's for sure. I guess some would argue that we can still do A, B and C regardless but we have less opportunities in life in which to fulfil those means.

Dopamine, it's all dopamine

People are Persuaded into being Produktive . Most man are in a Betabux Role " If they where blackpilled or self aware enough

Those Guys would Stop in an Instant or do the Bare Minimum "

An Ignorant and Oblivious Slave Is a Produktive Slave after all :feelskek: :feelsclown:

I'd say they're neurotypical & have a reason to work at blending in/being accepted by the horde as that's their most vital pursuit.

If you're neurodivergent or too different physically no amount of work will get you anything above weirdo or jester in their categorization.

If you're not npc'd young or away from that shit too long you can't go back.

Normies have the possibility of getting girlfriends, but for us spite is the strongest greatest motivator.

The only drive I have is for upcoming videogames that could be fun

Its related to dopamine, it makes you want to experience new things, it makes your libido higher, it makes you look for excitement, it motivates you to do things etc.

I'd say they're neurotypical & have a reason to work at blending in/being accepted by the horde as that's their most vital pursuit.

If you're neurodivergent or too different physically no amount of work will get you anything above weirdo or jester in their categorization.

If you're not npc'd young or away from that shit too long you can't go back.
ye and I feel our upbringing defines our life in so many ways. The experience we faced in childhood has a significant effect on the challenges we face throughout adolescent. Whilst some people are born neurodivergent, for many of us we've developed those characteristic throughout childhood. Shyness and social anxiety for instance correlate with many autistic traits and can be easily confused.

I was tested for autism 1 time and it was ruled despite having many autistic traits. I'm unusually quiet amongst most people, I have an involuntary eye twitch that appears abnormal to most onlookers. I miss social cues that most people read. I've struggled to fit in everywhere I've been. I believe this to be anxiety based however, as I experience frequent anxiety attacks which can be triggered by anything. In addition to major depression disorder, being short, big nose etc, it never began.

The only drive I have is for upcoming videogames that could be fun
I've not gamed in several weeks now, I tend to go through these periods of hiatus because I get overwhelmed with my backlog. Last game I played was Assassins Creed Mirage, that series has always been my go to series for some reason, prior to that I got back into Elden Ring but that game is exhausting, I prefer the structure of the souls games tbh, tired of these boring arse open worlds.

Its related to dopamine, it makes you want to experience new things, it makes your libido higher, it makes you look for excitement, it motivates you to do things etc.
Probably ye, most of us guys have been ravaged by anxiety and depression as a result of prolonged loneliness. I'm now incapable of feeling joyful emotions or laughter, the only emotions I feel are sadness and despair. I'm now on Venlaflaxine 150mg so I'll try that for a month but I don't hold out much hope. There's no greater obstacle than depression, most of us have it to varying degrees.

I live for Christ.

Fucking normies make my blood boil

I have a fair ammount of drive and lust for life. I just focus on making myself happy and fulfilled in other ways and try to avoid thinking about foids.

I have a fair ammount of drive and lust for life. I just focus on making myself happy and fulfilled in other ways and try to avoid thinking about foids.
My issue is taking action and being productive, I have a real issue with executive functioning which I believe to be an autistic trait although I'm not autistic myself. This suggests that I could be on the spectrum, maybe even asperger's. It was ruled out a long time ago which doesn't make sense but anyway.

At work I am able to be effective which makes it all the more frustrating for me in my personal life. I have no comprehension how to be productive outside of work, how to self improve, achieve goals and improve my wellbeing. As such, I have suffered greatly with mental health issues. Maybe making small goals is the best solution and building from there. Without clear goals, there's no tangible progress from which to build upon. Any tips would be appreciated, not just for me but many other readers in the same boat.

Time is running our for many of us in our 30s, once you reach 30 it really feels like you're in a race against time and there's not a damn thing we can do about it to stop the decline. Once you hit 40 you're officially old, you no longer have the 'potential' of youth to fall back on. If we haven't achieved our goals in our 20s and 30s it's over.

There's no hope for a career, no hope for friends, no hope for love, no hope to become a father and no hope to move out of you're mum's basement :whatfeels: .

Because they have a significant other which is extremely motivating.

I think it's entirely up to your upbringing and genetics and by genetics in this case I mean personality which is genetic yes. You're way more likely to go to uni and eventually land a decent job if you come from a decent functioning family that isn't broke and you're neurotypical enough to stay bluepilled through all of it even as a sub5

Because they have a significant other which is extremely motivating.
ye there's no worse de-motivator than loneliness. They have someone who loves them unconditionally and also their children, this makes it all worthwhile for them. It justifies the hardships of work productivity and life in general, the struggles of mental health and so forth. This in turn creates social opportunities for them to live life to the full, fancy holidays, events you name it.

Whilst we rot in our mums basement, slaving away at some shithole factory with nothin but nobody to make it all more worthwhile, fuck this life.

I think it's entirely up to your upbringing and genetics and by genetics in this case I mean personality which is genetic yes. You're way more likely to go to uni and eventually land a decent job if you come from a decent functioning family that isn't broke and you're neurotypical enough to stay bluepilled through all of it even as a sub5
Some of my so called childhood 'friends' fall into this category. Most of them were distinctly average but neurotypical enough to have a social foundation from which to build upon. Most of them are now married with a wife and kids which is fuckin soul destroying to see, so I've ceased any acknowledgement of them on social media as it's very triggering for my mental health.

They have the genes they're born with necessary to have a decent face and height and not have neurodivergence.
And so, they get the validation and feeling of purpose.
Upbringing also comes to play.

ye there's no worse de-motivator than loneliness. They have someone who loves them unconditionally and also their children, this makes it all worthwhile for them. It justifies the hardships of work productivity and life in general, the struggles of mental health and so forth. This in turn creates social opportunities for them to live life to the full, fancy holidays, events you name it.

Whilst we rot in our mums basement, slaving away at some shithole factory with nothin but nobody to make it all more worthwhile, fuck this life.
Well said.

they have something to live for and they enjoy it somehow

Most people have constant validation from those around them which is a breeding ground for success. It's almost like they're on auto pilot from one success to another.
No, that's wrong. People are not successful because they get validation; they get validation because they are successful. If you look at ITV/RR's video on being a people pleaser, you will understand.

It's all about credentials. Receipts come first, then everything else, in all things: academics, work, sociability, the sexual/dating market, etc.